What was the true point of of the run update?

cat666

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update to Agility was greatly needed. I like this one. :)

(By the way, at 99 agility, normal resting will replenish your run energy from 0% to 100% in exactly 25 seconds. Tested twice.)

At 85 it's 27.3 seconds. Still doesn't seem worth it to train agility all way to 99 :P

2dvjurb.png

SAILING!!@ !@@ 1

:o :shock: :ohnoes: :lol:

Riding_Chuck.gif

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The point of the update was probably to help skillers/anyone who trains skills (indirectly though). An update for those who trained skills was long overdue, so they probably decided to do this.

Runecrafting looks a lot easier with some of the positions of musicians. I think Jagex really got it right with the positions of the musicians. Overall it will make getting around so much quicker, and make stuff like making planks much quicker.

i would like to see a musician in between lumbridge and varrok (the way we all traveled before we could tele)

[hide=]whocowman.png[/hide]

goals:

next 4: 53 agility, 76 fishing, 63 hunter level 85 melee skills

rest of goals:100+ combat, all songs

completed:55 slayer

2543432.jpg

An update to Agility was greatly needed. I like this one. :)

(By the way, at 99 agility, normal resting will replenish your run energy from 0% to 100% in exactly 25 seconds. Tested twice.)

Next to a bard, it is 12 seconds.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I don't see how it made agility more useful... kinda made it obsolete since lvl 1 agility restores energy faster than the old lvl 99 agility. No reason to train it other than shortcuts and quest requirements

I agree. A somewhat boring skill just became even more boring with no clear goal. They should really look into fixing the rate to make Agility appealing once again.

I don't see how it made agility more useful... kinda made it obsolete since lvl 1 agility restores energy faster than the old lvl 99 agility. No reason to train it other than shortcuts and quest requirements

I agree. A somewhat boring skill just became even more boring with no clear goal. They should really look into fixing the rate to make Agility appealing once again.

bt you forget, if level one is now like 99 was, 99 now iseven better, its not as if every level is now obsolete, hell, i thought agility was useless before, now i see a point in it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

To me it was a good update that gave me purpose to train agility.

However i do think that it has kinda nerfed t.birds and energy pots as all you have to do is sit down - granted that t.birds etc give and instant boost, but it only takes a few seconds of sitting down to restore your energy at no cost at all.

I also agree with the point about it making the game more social..... if you light a fire in some places it wont be long till people are sat round it talking

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

No... Agility... In... F2p...

Must... Kill... Jagex...

All the did was get rid of an unfair advantage really...

It was designed that way in the first place though.

To be honest, it wasn't much of an advantage.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

the point was to make one of the hardest 99's useful.

tbh i misread at first and i though that from 50-99 you actually moved farther per stride then you regularly did. whoopsie!

that would be awesome though.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I can't even begin to guess if they have an another motive behind it other than tweaking the gameplay, giving some use to 99 agility, and making skills like Runecrafting more profitable.

If there is some other reason for it, I can't even begin to guess. My original guess--that they were bringing back a system similar to Fatigue but without the capcha--was thrown out the window. :lol:

hzvjpwS.gif

Agility's main purpose was to let you use shortcuts and to give people who raised the skill an advantage when F2P PKing. Honestly, very few people cared about run regen in members because everyone used terrorbirds, which are STILL more efficient than resting. They took out agility from F2P and made your run drain 200% faster as well.

Overall, I think this ruined Agility.

td2sig.jpg