What was the true point of of the run update?

cat666

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are ways to get around the bank issue, though. And it also can be used as a method to get them back to P2P. The Agility thing, however, gave no reason to go back. And if they didn't look at it as being unfair to the F2Pers, they probably wouldn't have removed it after all this time.

I did say that i knew the solution to the P2P bank to F2P and i use it. As for the agility? No i think they probably removed the advantage because Agility was a member skill.

Don't think they cared more about the unfair advantage than the fact it was a member feature.

The point of the run update was to make the game less frustrating for Jagex's players.

Presumably, players like to get to places faster, and thus by running, they can do that. But when they're out of energy, they can't run. So it'll take more time to reach their destination. Which makes them just a little more frustrated.

And their "I Hate Jagex" level rises a bit.

Therefore, Jagex put in this run update so, as Jagex stated, we can run more. Plus, knowing the Americans and our weight issue... :?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

[hide=cat666]

The update has made agility less of a reason to train.

The only reason I'm 77 is because I wanted to use shortcuts and so my run could recharge faster. Now there is little point in raising agilty past 50 for the run, as there are plenty of ways to restore energy and you can get from A-B without a full drain anyway.

Shortcut wise they are next to usless from 75, yes there is a good one at 80 but you can pie it from 75 which is a lot less hassle than 75-80 with 40k XP an hour.

There are 2 reasons I train a skill:

1. Usefulness: Runecrafting make cash, hunter gets you more chins per hour etc.

2. Speed/Levels: 99 firemaking is easily achievable with a bit of patience, pointless but it's total levels and XP.

Now with agilty it's usefulness is pretty much non-existant past 75. As for it's speed, it's 40k an hour and thats with solid concentration. Unless of course you PvP and get the brawlers but this isn't viable for most players.

Jagex could have added some new shortcuts:

Mid-High Level Wildnerness escape routes (85,90,95)

Trollheim to GWD Zipline (85)

Or they could make it so agilty reduces the liklihood of being affected by ice spells/ZGS spec. The spell freezes your muscles so it makes sense high agilty could counteract this.

Of course all this is by the by if Jagex are planning a future update based around agility. The current crystal gear requires 50 agilty and Priffindas isn't open yet. Who knows what lurks inside...

[/hide]

Good ideas. I really don't like how few shortcuts there are in RuneScape and Jagex should really look to implement agility into more of the Runescape activities. Either way people are going to have to raise it if they want to do quests such as Mournings End Part 2 as running doesn't help you cross certain areas in that temple. But now you can train agility even much faster with run on most of the time and with potions, so I guess it's a plus but from a stand point it really does look like they ruin agility, agility was to help you restore run faster, but this recharge rate is too fast.

[hide=Pinkbullet3]

The point of the run update was to make the game less frustrating for Jagex's players.

Presumably, players like to get to places faster, and thus by running, they can do that. But when they're out of energy, they can't run. So it'll take more time to reach their destination. Which makes them just a little more frustrated.

Therefore, Jagex put in this run update so, as Jagex stated, we can run more. Plus, knowing the Americans and our weight issue... :?

[/hide]

So Jagex is making the game easier for people who simply find it too hard to teleport, use terrorbirds, and be patient to recharge to save their image?

[hide=cat666]
The update has made agility less of a reason to train.

The only reason I'm 77 is because I wanted to use shortcuts and so my run could recharge faster. Now there is little point in raising agilty past 50 for the run, as there are plenty of ways to restore energy and you can get from A-B without a full drain anyway.

Shortcut wise they are next to usless from 75, yes there is a good one at 80 but you can pie it from 75 which is a lot less hassle than 75-80 with 40k XP an hour.

There are 2 reasons I train a skill:

1. Usefulness: Runecrafting make cash, hunter gets you more chins per hour etc.

2. Speed/Levels: 99 firemaking is easily achievable with a bit of patience, pointless but it's total levels and XP.

Now with agilty it's usefulness is pretty much non-existant past 75. As for it's speed, it's 40k an hour and thats with solid concentration. Unless of course you PvP and get the brawlers but this isn't viable for most players.

Jagex could have added some new shortcuts:

Mid-High Level Wildnerness escape routes (85,90,95)

Trollheim to GWD Zipline (85)

Or they could make it so agilty reduces the liklihood of being affected by ice spells/ZGS spec. The spell freezes your muscles so it makes sense high agilty could counteract this.

Of course all this is by the by if Jagex are planning a future update based around agility. The current crystal gear requires 50 agilty and Priffindas isn't open yet. Who knows what lurks inside...

[/hide]

Good ideas. I really don't like how few shortcuts there are in RuneScape and Jagex should really look to implement agility into more of the Runescape activities. Either way people are going to have to raise it if they want to do quests such as Mournings End Part 2 as running doesn't help you cross certain areas in that temple. But now you can train agility even much faster with run on most of the time and with potions, so I guess it's a plus but from a stand point it really does look like they ruin agility, agility was to help you restore run faster, but this recharge rate is too fast.

[hide=Pinkbullet3]

[/hide]

So Jagex is making the game easier for people who simply find it too hard to teleport, use terrorbirds, and be patient to recharge to save their image?

You make it sound like you can teleport anywhere. Well you can't. For people training agility, runecrafting, slayer and pretty much any skill that requires you to run long distances, you really do need that run energy. It was a hassle having to buy super energies on the ge (which almost never bought right away) and then have to take 15-20 seconds every 3-4 runecrafting trips to drink your potion so you can keep running.

This way, with a high enough agility level you never need to buy potions or restoring objects ever again. Since the update I haven't used a single super energy or even thought about using terrorbirds. In fact, I haven't even used a single lumbridge explorer ring energy boost because I simply don't need it. I restore my energy faster than I can use it. It has made my life about a thousand times easier. More running means getting places faster and saving some time, and also means less of a hassle of having to come up with annoying secondary options to restoring my energy.

This was one of the best updates of the year. (Then again it's been a pretty dull year) I am grateful for this update.

And as for the f2p thing, quit whining. If you want to use your p2p agility bonus then PAY FOR MEMBERS. No, instead you're whining telling f2p players to pay for members if they want the bonus, which is stupid since you, yourself won't do the same.

Bunch of children.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png