Why is America cold?

Jard_Y_Dooku

It's been cloudly for a week and a half now, maybe more, which is not normal. Usually by May, in southern California we'll have to put on the AC every day. This year we only used it a handful of times.

If this is due to Global Warming, then thank you mother nature. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be glad you don't live in the UK, its like living in a water park full of morons.

I love the rain.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

Be glad you don't live in the UK, its like living in a water park full of morons.

I love the rain.

Rain on a sunny day, yes. Rain in cold winds whilst doing a 20 min walk home... no thanks.

Eh, it's still a life experience. I like the mood of those gray dreary days for some reason. It relaxes me.

Eh, it's still a life experience. I like the mood of those gray dreary days for some reason. It relaxes me.

I also like the mood on a bright hot sunny day. That relaxes me. We only get a few of them a year and usually I'm stuck inside all day on them.

Today was ok, cloudy but a warm 15C. Rain and 13C tomorrow.

sig2ho7.jpg

I think we're expecting rain this week and sunshine the next.

Went into school with a t-shirt on and started hailing >__<

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Partly Cloudy

13°C

Feels Like

13°C

(55 F)

It's June 16th. That's summer time. I thought it was supposed to be warm here. Why is it cold?

Global warming! Er, wait. Nevermind. So much for that theory. :roll:

It's fact, not theory.

But yes, it's clearing up here. Going back to the norm hot and dry. I'm still scratching my head to why this hasn't been locked.

Partly Cloudy

13°C

Feels Like

13°C

(55 F)

It's June 16th. That's summer time. I thought it was supposed to be warm here. Why is it cold?

It's fact, not theory.

But yes, it's clearing up here. Going back to the norm hot and dry. I'm still scratching my head to why this hasn't been locked.

Ya, Ya, Ya. I guess that's why every time Al Gore tries to have a global warming convention, a sudden blizzard hits. :lol:

OT: <3 my weather here, mostly cloudy so far these past few weeks, but it's clearing up. (Which I don't really like.) :(

Ellysian.png

Partly Cloudy

13°C

Feels Like

13°C

(55 F)

It's fact, not theory.

Ya, Ya, Ya. I guess that's why every time Al Gore tries to have a global warming convention, a sudden blizzard hits. :lol:

<3 my weather here, mostly cloudy so far these past few weeks, but it's clearing up. (Which I don't really like.) :(

[insert global warming defense here] Al Gore =/= Global Warming. Stop associating him with global warming immediately.

[insert small talk here] So... Did you see the game?

So much for that theory. :roll:

It's fact, not theory.

No, it's a theory. Just like the theory of evolution and the theory of gravity. Thats the beautiful thing about science, people are always free to challenge things.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

It's fact, not theory.

No, it's a theory. Just like the theory of evolution and the theory of gravity. Thats the beautiful thing about science, people are always free to challenge things.

Theory of gravity...?

Are you kidding?

It's fact, not theory.

The idea that the earth's temperature is not constant and rose during the '90's is fact. The idea that humans caused it and that it will eventually be the end of humanity is theory.

The fact of the matter is that the earth's temperature has been rising and falling since the earth was created.

I would also like to note that scientists are now predicting 10-15 years of global cooling (or they were last year) and that there is a growing group of climatoligists (I think it was at about 700 to 1000 members last fall) saying that the idea of man-made global warming was a hoax.

On-Topic: After having winter last into May where I live (eastern Washington (the state)) and hearing about snow in the Dakotas ~10 days ago, I'm not surprised some places are cooler than usual and, being someone who hates extreme heat (90+ F), I'm liking this mild weather (60 F is perfect, IMO).

Also, for those saying their weather can change overnight. Try spending the spring/fall in Spokane, Washington. The weather tends to change about every 10 minutes (I've had it go from sunshine, to poring rain, to sunshine, to hail, back to sunshine, to snow, and back, again, to sunshine in the course of 1 hour :wall: ). :lol:

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

It's cloudy here and a little humid, which is unusual, since when does minor weather fluctuations warrant an Off-Topic thread?

This.

/thread.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

hmmm, 70F and partly sunny here.

however, will be going to vegas soon, i expect 110f days and nice 80f nights :)

You can expect those 80 degree nights, but it's a little too early for 110 degree days. We usually get a streak of those days in mid July to August.

When will you be coming?

Err... how about 'cos the temperature changes? I don't know what you're complaining about, it's been pouring in England for the last few days, get over it.

Everyone knows it always rains in England

St. Catharines, Ontario

20°C

68°F

Light rain showers

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

It's fact, not theory.

Theory of gravity...?

Are you kidding?

No, I'm not.

Is the school system really this lax these days?

Read about the scientific method someday. It is a law of gravity that if you drop an object here, it will fall to the ground, but it is Gravitational Theory that explains how and why this occurs. Math can express laws, religion has facts, and science is composed of theories.

Global warming is a theory. It has some facts and research that support it, but it's a theory.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

I live in Missouri, and we've been getting rain literally every freaking day and I'm getting real tired of it. It's been pretty hot and VERY humid. Today & last monday the humitity was up to 100%. Ridiculous.

I feel ya, it was pretty hot today.

I just love the weather I've been having lately.

Sure, predicted sunny day, and all we get for it is a rain/thunderstorm at 7AM :(

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.