When and How did you find about Runescape?

Clay_More12

a friend of mine introduced it to me 8 years ago at his birthday party... i thought it sucked at first because he only showed me lumbridge. A few months later i was in a college for kids website building program and started playing fo realz.

pandapk2.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got bored of Utopia and Earth: 2025 which were the only online games I played back then, typed "free browser game" or something to that effect to a search engine and browsed through some useless carbage before finding runescape which looked interesting enough for a browser game. It was in 2001, somewhere in the spring. I was a bit naive with online stuff back then(only had 56k and used it for a few hours per week) and made my char TheMike with password Mike.. ::' It was gone when I started again in the fall, so I made DjMIKE. Yey.

DjMike.png

I heard about the game from some friends the summer of 2001. I didn't have an internet connection I could use at home (dialup, and my mom wouldn't let me use it for anything), so I couldn't play much. During the days we didn't have camp or school, I would beg her to let me go to work with her, where they had a fast connection. I probably made 5 different accounts back then because I kept forgetting my passwords! I was in the "MiniClip is ruining Runescape" and "want to cyber?" no-filter generation.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

My dad decided to host a SCA event in our backyard sometime in June/July 2004, and there were these two brothers, a couple years older than me. They asked to borrow my computer and then went and played RuneScape, it looked interesting so when I finally booted them I made Lielac.

And then next year (I was like combat 47), they were like 'OMFG how did you do that did you bot how did you get such a high level?!' and I was like 'what's botting? and I have lots of free time. Kthxbai I need to go avenge myself and kill hobgoblins'. (That's another story... suffice to say that I also have a vendetta against broken ladders and lack of run energy.)

.... Then I took a break for about a year, and then I got addicted again.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

In the spring of 2001, I learnt about RS from a classmate. I started as a Necromancer, anyone else remember evil magic

Yep :D

Some guy at school.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I was playing a very terrible text based game with my friends. I was surfing the forums, looking through posts, and one of them was talking about runescape, and I tried it. 2003 I think. I started playing in classic, played for about a month, there was talk about rs2beta, took a 6 month break, then rs2 was out. Was that 2003 or 2004?

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

I knew about it for a long time. Back in 2005, I went on the website to make an account. This was back when you had to be 13+, and I could not lie at that age. So, I didn't make one (so wish I did, I could be level 110+ right now! :x ).

Then, a friend played it and told me about. Was bored one day, all my games were boring. So, I made an account. Hooked from that day on. I met a new friend on the school bus, he played RS too.

Ahh, those were the nice days. Him and I would always hang out on RuneScape and go PKing.

Sadly, those days are over. Still enjoying RS though. ::'

when? In middle school, around 4 1\2 years ago (before yo-yo was released) when a gang of friends started playing runescape.

how? afterwards i kind of wanted to join in so they gave me the website to play and i made my first account. (it wasnt clifford252 btw)

Found out about it while surfing some arcade site in 2003, when I supposed to be doing my homework. I regret doing my homework now, could've done way more productive things with my life :?

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I searched google for free online games some time in 2003. Found RuneScape, and then talked to friends who had already been playing it.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

A friend of mine showed me it. but i couldnt do T-island, so my FIRST FIRST ever account is lost on T-Island Lol. Used to play it on mini clip till we found out there was a real site for it

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

My friend Duane (Libertherme) told me about RS back in Septembery time (only had internet since my 17th birthday last july) and so i joined.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D