Making Money Collecting Blue Dragon Scales!

MAKING MONEY BY COLLECTING BLUE DRAGON SCALES!

Deleteme-4.jpg

Table of Contents:

1) Introduction

2) Requirements

3) Inventory & Attire

4) The Method (1) (Ring of Duelling & House Teleport)

5) The Method (2) (Hot Air Balloon & Ring of Duelling)

6) The Method (3) (House Teleport & Servant Banking)

7) Profit (per hour, for all methods)

8) Conclusion

9) Tips & Tricks

10) Credits

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[hide=Introduction]Hello, my name is Crybaby111 and this is a guide about making money with blue dragon scales!

Deleteme-5.jpg

Blue dragon scales are valuable to players as they are the secondary ingredient to the Weapon Poison Potion and the Antifire Potion. Therefore they are on high-demand since many people choose to use Anti-fire potions while killing dragons. As you read this guide you will learn more about making money with blue dragon scales and how you can make from 450k-650k with it in only an hour! Please remember there are 3 methods in this guide that are about the almost the speed so you can decide which one you like best :).[/hide]

[hide=Requirements & Recommendations]Required Skills:

FOR METHOD 1

Required Skills

65 Agility (assuming you will boost it to 70 Agility using a Summer Pie)

Recommended Skills:

70 Agility

70+ Defence (may prove useful in defending yourself from the blue dragons if they do choose to attack you)

40+ Summoning (for a bull ant or 52 for a Spirit Terrorbird or 67 for a War Tortoise which are all beast of burdens)

Required Quests:

N/A (none available)

Recommended Quests:

Wolf Whistle

Required Items:

A Player Owned Home at Taverley

A few House Teleports

A few Rings Of Dueling

An Anti-Dragon Shield

Recommended Items:

All of the following items are to reduce your weight so that your run-energy will last longer :)

Boots of Lightness

Spottier Cape > Spotted Cape

Penance Gloves

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FOR METHOD 2

Required Skills:

20 Firemaking

36 Crafting

30 Farming

65 Agility (assuming you will boost it to 70 Agility using a Summer Pie)

Recommended Skills:

70+ Defence (may prove useful in defending yourself from the blue dragons if they do choose to attack you)

70 Agility

Required Quests:

An Enlightened Journey (routes to Castle Wars, and Taverley must be unlocked)

Recommended Quests:

N/A (none available)

Required Items:

A few Rings Of Dueling

An Anti-Dragon Shield

A few Normal Logs

*Tinderbox - Only for if you haven't already unlocked the hot air balloon routes, otherwise you will not need this.

Recommended Items:

All of the following items are to reduce your weight so that your run-energy will last longer :) Plus your weight must be under 40kg if you want to ride the hot air balloon.

Boots of Lightness

Spottier Cape > Spotted Cape

Penance Gloves

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FOR METHOD 3 * coming soon (tomorrow or so...)

Required Skills:

Recommended Skills:

Required Quests:

Recommended Quests:

Required Items:

Recommended Items:[/hide]

[hide=Inventory & Attire]Recommended Inventory- For Method 1

Deleteme-1.jpg

Bring a BoB pouch if you have the required skills for them...

Recommended Attire- For Method 1

Deleteme-2.jpg

Recommended Inventory - For Method 2

DeleteMe-7.jpg

You can't use a BoB with the hot air balloon...

The log is for the journey to Taverley

Recommended Attire - For Method 2

Deleteme-2.jpg[/hide]

[hide=The Method (1)]Firstly you will need to know how to get there! After you have teleported to your POH (player owned home) in Taverley, follow this map to the dungeon:

Deleteme-3.jpg

Follow the orange line and climb down the ladder into the dungeon.

After going down the ladder follow the blue path through the obstacle pipe. This is where you need to take a bite out of your summer pie if you don't have 70 agility so you can pass through. Once your through, summon your Beast of burden (if you have one). On the map below you will see I that have drawn a few blue dots. This is a rough layout of where the blue dragon scales should be. They respawn very fast so you won't have to wait. The world is almost never crowded but if it is just world hop. If you are a fast "picker-upper" you may consider going onto a more populated world for faster respawns :thumbsup:

Deleteme-6.jpg

After picking a full inventory deposit it into your Beast of burden (if you have one) and pick up some more dragon scales for another full inventory. Then, rub your ring of dueling and teleport back to Castle Wars. There, bank at the chest and repeat the process by teleporting to your POH.

One you have finished picking the ammount you want ( I usually stop and sell when I have 1k of them ) you have two options.

Option 1: Sell the blue dragon scales the way they are and take the profit.

Option 2: Use a pestle and mortar and grind the blue dragon scales to make ground blue dragon scale and sell that for even more profit![/hide]

[hide=The Method (2)]Firstly, starting off at the Castle War's bank go to the hot balloon transportation place...

(there is a summoning obelisk nearby for when you run out of summoning points if you're using a BoB)

DeleteMe-9.jpg

Follow the red line for the path to the hot air balloon and occasionally the blue line if you need to recharge your summoning points.Select to fly to Taverley, this will use your normal log.

Once you are there follow this map:

DeleteMe-10.jpg

Once you get to the ladder climb down and follow this map of the dungeon:

Deleteme-6.jpg

When you get to the obstacle pipe if you are not 70 agility already than eat a piece of your summer pie to become 70 agility and crawl through. Inside you will see dragon scales that respawn at the places that I have drawn blue dots on the map. Happy picking \' If you find that you are too fast for the quick repawning time of the blue dragon scales or that the world you are on is crowded (isn't usually) than you may consider hopping to a more populated world.One you have a full inventory of the scales bank via the dueling ring to castle wars. Then repeat the process.

When you get about 1k blue dragon scales you have two options:

Option 1: Sell the blue dragon scales the way they are and take the profit.

Option 2: Use a pestle and mortar and grind the blue dragon scales to make ground blue dragon scale and sell that for even more profit![/hide]

[hide=The Method (3)][/hide]

[hide=Profit (per hour)]Well, as mentioned in the Introduction, depending on the prices and which method you use, you can make from about 450k- 650k here! The prices of the blue dragon scale and ground blue dragon scale currently are:

Blue Dragon Scale

Blue Dragon Scale Dust

The Math For Method 1:

Each hour on average I will collect about 1k Blue Dragon Scales if I'm really concentrated.

I use option 2 (grounding the scales) so that takes me about 15mins.

1000 x 670 = 670k

Therefore, in 1 hour and 15 minutes I can make about 670k with this method :D!

The Math For Method 2:[/hide]

[hide=Conclusion]Well, that's just about the end of my guide so I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I did not writing it for you :D! (sarcasm) Selling dragon scales or dragon scale dust usually sells instantly for medium price depending if the price is dropping or rising. If you have some feedback ( I accept constructive :P ) please post below and give me a rating if you want to :D[/hide]

[hide=Tips & Tricks]Go on populated worlds

Check out Tip.its guides if you need help training agility or any requirement needed for this guide.

The adult dragons at Taverley Dungeon are usually occupied therefore this is a relatively safe method for making money.

Please respect other players that pick Blue Dragon Scales there and if they were there first leave.

Good Luck[/hide]

[hide=Credits] Crybaby111- Me for writing this guide

Zaaps1 -My friend that taught me literally everything about editing pictures and making guides :)

Hunteravenge - Another friend who always just keeps me company and helps out with stuff...

Leonmaster - My brother who introduced me to Runescape

Lego Man84 - Another friend who gets credit for just being a good friend :)

Runescape -for the G.E. prices and well literally the whole point of writing the guide...

Tip.it Forums -for being a place where I could post this guide :)

Anyone who gives me feedback :)[/hide]

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Just tried it but depends if the prices are going down or up... however today when I tried I sold the dragon scales for med price instantly!

Crybaby111.png

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Couldn't you just tele to your house and get the butler to take the scales to the bank for you?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Reading the construction guide about servants it said that they take time to do a bank run... But the higher level servant does it faster so I'm not sure. My guide is just a very simple one and I did not think of this when I was making it as I had not much prior knowledge about servants... I may consider re-updating my guide :/. Simply teleporting to the castle arena bank I believe is faster actually. Plus not only that but butlers cost money/ salary after a certain number of bank runs while banking urself is pretty much free.

Crybaby111.png

- Confucius

Reading the construction guide about servants it said that they take time to do a bank run... But the higher level servant does it faster so I'm not sure. My guide is just a very simple one and I did not think of this when I was making it as I had not much prior knowledge about servants... I may consider re-updating my guide :/. Simply teleporting to the castle arena bank I believe is faster actually. Plus not only that but butlers cost money/ salary after a certain number of bank runs while banking urself is pretty much free.

It takes time for them to bring items back to you from the bank, but if you just told them to take them to the bank, once they leave, you can leave to and be on your way to the dungeon again. As for cost, I'm not sure, but dueling rings are about 1k a piece right? You'd probably have to do some math and find out how many times the butler will run to the bank before he asks for payment, but it might end up being close...

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Thank you, Ice and Spec I will add the servant method soon :)

Crybaby111.png

- Confucius

Since you so kindly posted on my guide, I figured i'd post yours.

Interesting, never thought about using that for money, nice guide overall.

One thing though:

A Anti-Dragon Shield

in the Requirements/recommendations sections should be

An Anti-Dragon Shield

Nice job! =D>

zaff.jpg

Since you so kindly posted on my guide, I figured i'd post yours.

Interesting, never thought about using that for money, nice guide overall.

One thing though:

A Anti-Dragon Shield

in the Requirements/recommendations sections should be

An Anti-Dragon Shield

Nice job! =D>

KK ty Chop I'll fix that up right now :)

Btw update on the servants banking method coming up today... But i gotta build two bedrooms with beds if im gonna get the demond butler for pic >.<

Crybaby111.png

- Confucius

Nicely done. I don't think there's anything I can point out that's an obvious or critical error. All and all, it's good.

Just a question: can you bring the scales while waiting for them to respawn?

And also, wouldn't bringing a BoB increase the profit/hour greatly?

Nicely done. I don't think there's anything I can point out that's an obvious or critical error. All and all, it's good.

Just a question: can you bring the scales while waiting for them to respawn?

And also, wouldn't bringing a BoB increase the profit/hour greatly?

In my guide I did mention a bit about Beast of Burdens in the Required and Reccomended section but I guess i didn't go in depth enough about it... I'll fix that up :)

No, as mentioned in the guide the scales respawn very very quickly that you barely stand still ever...

Crybaby111.png

- Confucius

instead of using rings, you could also use glories, since the poh port is only a few steps from heros guild, just tele to edge to bank and recharge every now and then, ;)

Yes but glories would be more inconvienient because it only has 4 charges while a dueling ring has 8 so u will need to have to switch more often. And even though the heroes guild is close it still takes up time where you could've done another inventory which is worth about 20k...

Crybaby111.png

- Confucius

Nice guide, but i disagree with one thing. You suggest that we grind the scales. picking up 1k scales per hour earns you 602k. A grinded scale is worth 678 gp. It takes 15 minutes to grind the scales, which means that you can grind 4k scales per hour. This means that by grinding the scales you would earn 4000*76=304k per hour. This is only half of what you earn by picking up scales, so wouldnt it be better just to sell the scales?

Hm, i agree... you are correct I guess i'll take that out

And uhh the guide completion has to get delayed a while >.< Gotta do some things >.<

Crybaby111.png

- Confucius

I wrote in intro that they are almost same speed just depends which one you enjoy doing better :) For example I like uisng method 1 better :D

Crybaby111.png

- Confucius

Ok thanks. Also here is a reccomendation. Keep some food in your bank for emergency. Sometimes the most popular worlds (in this case world 6) have no people there to stop the dragons from attacking you. I went to 1 hp because there was only one person there! :-# It might be better to go to a world with people there to fight the dragons.

EDIT: Oh I'd reccomend showing a picture of what path you take when you pick them up. I know I have a certain path. I'm sure you do too.

]

Yes you can select grind all and they grind at a speed at about 0.5sec per scale I think.

Crybaby111.png

- Confucius

Wouldn't you need to list the quest, "Dragon Slayer," because of the Dragonfire Shield?

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

First of all its the Anti-dragon Shield.... cause if we were to use antifire shield it would have to have a visage which would need dragon slayer I believe... And second of all before I did list dragon slayer but now I know dragon slayer is not required to wield that anti dragon sheild.

Crybaby111.png

- Confucius