22nd June 2009 - Extended Agility Courses & Patch Notes

Toad

If you are serious about Agility, its likely you've not been to the Gnome Stronghold or Gunnjorn's barbarian course for some time. This week, that could change, as these Agility trainers have spent long hours constructing new routes around the courses that only the most agile players should attempt.

These extended courses will not only give you a chance to show off your most agile moves, but will also reward you with weight-reducing clothing, should you complete enough laps.

With the addition of these extended courses, the cave goblins of Dorgesh-Kaan have made some changes to their Agility course, too. Theyve decided to make the course a little less unforgiving, so you should find that you fail less often. The other main change is that the entry requirement for the existing course has been increased from 70 Agility to 80 Agility, while the two extended courses have entry requirements of 85 and 90 Agility, respectively.

Mod Chris L

RuneScape Content Developer

In other news...

We've added a right-click option that will let you quick-start your circus performances, as long as you've been to the circus at least once in the past.

We've now added a new song to the Wilderness Volcano area called Eruption. Check it out when you have a chance!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=RuneScape Update]If you are serious about Agility, its likely you've not been to the Gnome Stronghold or Gunnjorn's barbarian course for some time. This week, that could change, as these Agility trainers have spent long hours constructing new routes around the courses that only the most agile players should attempt.

These extended courses will not only give you a chance to show off your most agile moves, but will also reward you with weight-reducing clothing, should you complete enough laps.

With the addition of these extended courses, the cave goblins of Dorgesh-Kaan have made some changes to their Agility course, too. Theyve decided to make the course a little less unforgiving, so you should find that you fail less often. The other main change is that the entry requirement for the existing course has been increased from 70 Agility to 80 Agility, while the two extended courses have entry requirements of 85 and 90 Agility, respectively.

Mod Chris L

RuneScape Content Developer

In other news...

We've added a right-click option that will let you quick-start your circus performances, as long as you've been to the circus at least once in the past.

We've now added a new song to the Wilderness Volcano area called Eruption. Check it out when you have a chance![/hide][hide=Patch Notes]Graphical

•  
    [*:a6dnikkz] Resolved an issue with what appeared to be two hunting pit traps on the same bit of map.

[*:a6dnikkz] Updated the Rum Deal quest interfaces to better handle different game modes.

[*:a6dnikkz] Some of the Guardians of Armadyl that had the wrong symbol on their chests.

[*:a6dnikkz] Fixed some render issues with the lighting in the God Wars Dungeon, and on the scenery found there.

[*:a6dnikkz] Female dreadlocks while wearing bunny ears should no longer cause a labelling issue.

[*:a6dnikkz] Fixed a render issue with the Dwarf Cannon watchtower.

[*:a6dnikkz] The bow emote should look better while walking.

[*:a6dnikkz] The charged and uncharged version of the splitbark helm should better match each other.

[*:a6dnikkz] Fixed an issue with the [bleep]ed helmets and certain chatheads and animations.

[*:a6dnikkz] Resolved some lighting issues next to some standing torches.

[*:a6dnikkz] Updated a bucket animation and fixed the looks of some stagnant water.

[*:a6dnikkz] A bridge near Prifddinas has been updated, as its railings and shadows were a little broken.

[*:a6dnikkz] The Stealing Creation lobby interface can correctly display larger skill totals.

[*:a6dnikkz] Iban now correctly sits on his throne rather than standing in it.

[*:a6dnikkz] Changed the order of the Thieving code now it doesn't start the animation until the rest of the checks have been run and you can actually pickpocket the target.

[*:a6dnikkz] Graphically improved a small section of the TzHaar city area to fix its appearance in high and low detail modes.

[*:a6dnikkz] Updated some player animations used in Animal Magnetism.

[*:a6dnikkz] Rectified a graphical issue in a cutscene in Death to the Dorgeshuun.

[*:a6dnikkz] Fixed an issue with transparency and fire!

[*:a6dnikkz] Two male characters from Royal Trouble had female chatheads.

[*:a6dnikkz] Updated a quest-related diary interface to allow space for slightly more text.

Audio

•  
    [*:a6dnikkz] Slightly tweaked the Venture 2 song at the very end.

[*:a6dnikkz] Added locked door sound effects to various parts of King's Ransom.

[*:a6dnikkz] Added sound effects to the Killerwatt Plane.

[*:a6dnikkz] Added a menagerie of sound effects to Cabin Fever.

[*:a6dnikkz] Added a few sound effects to One Small Favour.

Quests

•  
    [*:a6dnikkz] Fixed typos in Eadgar's Ruse, Monkey Madness and Missing My Mummy.

[*:a6dnikkz] The elemental helm listed the wrong Elemental Workshop quest as a requirement.

[*:a6dnikkz] Vanstrom Klause now refers to shortswords as swords.

Miscellaneous

•  
    [*:a6dnikkz] Fixed an issue with the last charge with the Summoning headgear.

[*:a6dnikkz] Fixed some grammatical errors in the music unlock hints, Evil Tree chat, Ali the Dyer and the Candle-maker in Catherby.

[*:a6dnikkz] Updated the message when you fail an attempt to light a fire with the crystal bow using barbarian training methods.

[*:a6dnikkz] Corrected the level-up message for Hitpoints regarding the cape of accomplishment and the name of the character to speak to.

[*:a6dnikkz] Ensured the training dummies in Varrock can only be attacked from the correct side.

[*:a6dnikkz] Changed various phrases when casting Magic spells for consistency.

[*:a6dnikkz] The description for the location of ghouls wasnt very useful if you were getting advice via the Slayer gem.

[*:a6dnikkz] Prevented familiars from interrupting certain actions.

[*:a6dnikkz] A boat journey was missing the You are travelling from/to message.

[*:a6dnikkz] Changed the wording to reflect your actual activity when opening the doors between East and West Ardougne

[*:a6dnikkz] Ali Morrisane has been taught to recognise differences in gender.

[*:a6dnikkz] Removed a few redundant quick chat phrases.

[*:a6dnikkz] Updated the climb messages for a shortcut in Mort Myre Swamp.

[*:a6dnikkz] Resolved an issue where the items kept upon death would randomly swap two items with the same price around.

[*:a6dnikkz] Removed an extraneous bracket from a Construction level-up message.

[*:a6dnikkz] Corrected the purchase advice regarding normal and oak shortbows and the arrows they can use.

[/hide][hide=New Agility Armour]Platelegs: 85 Agility Requirement.

Platebody: 90 Agility Requirement.

618614777agilityarmour.png[/hide]

[hide=Patch Notes]The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

Resolved an issue with what appeared to be two hunting pit traps on the same bit of map.

Updated the Rum Deal quest interfaces to better handle different game modes.

Some of the Guardians of Armadyl that had the wrong symbol on their chests.

Fixed some render issues with the lighting in the God Wars Dungeon, and on the scenery found there.

Female dreadlocks while wearing bunny ears should no longer cause a labelling issue.

Fixed a render issue with the Dwarf Cannon watchtower.

The bow emote should look better while walking.

The charged and uncharged version of the splitbark helm should better match each other.

Fixed an issue with the [bleep]ed helmets and certain chatheads and animations.

Resolved some lighting issues next to some standing torches.

Updated a bucket animation and fixed the looks of some stagnant water.

A bridge near Prifddinas has been updated, as its railings and shadows were a little broken.

The Stealing Creation lobby interface can correctly display larger skill totals.

Iban now correctly sits on his throne rather than standing in it.

Changed the order of the Thieving code now it doesn't start the animation until the rest of the checks have been run and you can actually pickpocket the target.

Graphically improved a small section of the TzHaar city area to fix its appearance in high and low detail modes.

Updated some player animations used in Animal Magnetism.

Rectified a graphical issue in a cutscene in Death to the Dorgeshuun.

Fixed an issue with transparency and fire!

Two male characters from Royal Trouble had female chatheads.

Updated a quest-related diary interface to allow space for slightly more text.

Audio

Slightly tweaked the Venture 2 song at the very end.

Added locked door sound effects to various parts of King's Ransom.

Added sound effects to the Killerwatt Plane.

Added a menagerie of sound effects to Cabin Fever.

Added a few sound effects to One Small Favour.

Quests

Fixed typos in Eadgar's Ruse, Monkey Madness and Missing My Mummy.

The elemental helm listed the wrong Elemental Workshop quest as a requirement.

Vanstrom Klause now refers to shortswords as swords.

Miscellaneous

Fixed an issue with the last charge with the Summoning headgear.

Fixed some grammatical errors in the music unlock hints, Evil Tree chat, Ali the Dyer and the Candle-maker in Catherby.

Updated the message when you fail an attempt to light a fire with the crystal bow using barbarian training methods.

Corrected the level-up message for Hitpoints regarding the cape of accomplishment and the name of the character to speak to.

Ensured the training dummies in Varrock can only be attacked from the correct side.

Changed various phrases when casting Magic spells for consistency.

The description for the location of ghouls wasnt very useful if you were getting advice via the Slayer gem.

Prevented familiars from interrupting certain actions.

A boat journey was missing the You are travelling from/to message.

Changed the wording to reflect your actual activity when opening the doors between East and West Ardougne

Ali Morrisane has been taught to recognise differences in gender.

Removed a few redundant quick chat phrases.

Updated the climb messages for a shortcut in Mort Myre Swamp.

Resolved an issue where the items kept upon death would randomly swap two items with the same price around.

Removed an extraneous bracket from a Construction level-up message.

Corrected the purchase advice regarding normal and oak shortbows and the arrows they can use.[/hide]

New weight reducing clothing, lovely! Definitely have to pick them up!

Dark_Jab.png

Those are some enourmous requirements.

It looks like Jagex is really trying to bring agility back.

Edit: 725.7xp/lap for new barb outpost and 745xp for a lap of gnome. They look quite short aswell, wow.

99 Agility holders start rant now :lol:

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Those are some enourmous requirements.

It looks like Jagex is really trying to bring agility back.

awesome i'm 98 mining atm, my next goal is 99 agility could it BE better timed? ILU Andrew please collect 80 cookies from your g.e box

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

If you complete 250 'perfect' laps (without failing any of the obstacles) of the Gnome Stronghold advanced course, you will be eligible for Agility legs. Completing 250 perfect laps of the Barbarian advanced course will earn you an Agility top. Speak to one of the gnome trainers or Gunnjorn to claim your reward. Agility legs reduce your weight by 10kg; the Agility top reduces your weight by 12kg. In addition to this, they have some surprising defensive bonuses.

WTF @ Weight reduce.

To get the clothes you have to complete 250 PERFECT laps on each of the courses (each course gives 1 of the clothing pieces).

DANG! :shock:

Its also the first time in like a year where I didnt have the levels to try an update. :lol:

Awesome work. =D> ::'

is this our weekly update? or will there be another one tomorrow?

Are you honestly disappointing in this? HUGE weight reduction. How long does it take to do 250 laps?

To get the clothes you have to complete 250 PERFECT laps on each of the courses (each course gives 1 of the clothing pieces).

Its also the first time in like a year where I didnt have the levels to try an update. :lol:

It isnt stated if it has to be done in a row or you can fail in between, someone, hurry up already.

Jagex is my hero <3: Finally a nice update for agillity, just hoping I can get on soon because rs is still down for me atm, anyone else got this?

EDIT: sirhemen, I got exactly the same thing :/

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

Aw, too bad I can't try the barbarian course until I finish 2.1k total. I'll defenitely be trying out the gnome one though, and I guess I'll get 90 agility if it's good xp :P

2dvjurb.png

Oh I like this update!

And the gear seems to look good also, off to training Agility I must now go. Bye!

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

It isnt stated if it has to be done in a row or you can fail in between, someone, hurry up already.

The KB says "250 perfect laps" , nothing about in a row ... my bet is on - when you finish a lap it gives you a point (of some sort) and when you have 250 points you can claim the reward .. if you fail at the course it just wont give ya a point.

Lol. Its only just out, calm down....

Real question is there any change to wildy and the statue drops....

Yeah im getting that message to, apparently rs is down.

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)