Finally the dragon pick axe!

It is update year. This could be Jagex's way of telling us they are updating mining. Maybe he is right and the Dragon pickaxe will come along with a new ore at the end of the quest series? The 2 new reward areas could actually possibly lead to that new slayer monster. i mean who knows?

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I would love to do some 4-item mining in Bounty worlds and build both EP & a target safely. Right now I'm just building targets with my rune pick. A dragon pickaxe would definitely be nice, although I think it would serve better as a quest reward than a monster drop. I really hope the pickaxe is released soon, although that is very unlikely with the current rate of updates.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Jagex never tends to do anything as you expect them to, but maybe your right. :!:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

It is update year. This could be Jagex's way of telling us they are updating mining. Maybe he is right and the Dragon pickaxe will come along with a new ore at the end of the quest series? The 2 new reward areas could actually possibly lead to that new slayer monster. i mean who knows?

The new slayer monsters location has already been confirmed.

OT: I don't see the dragon pick coming from this update, but you never know ;) .

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

I hope it doesn't happen purely for selfish reasons - I spent hours on 99 mining with a rune pickaxe and I don't want people thinking I had it easy and used a dragon pickaxe lol.

Everyone should prove their dedication to mining by slaving away with a rune pickaxe imo! :D

This was always going to happen though, pretty much everything else goes up to dragon.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I'm still baffled that others want to rush these items. Runescape is attempting to evolve similar to the world we know. The economy explodes and falls; peaks and roughs. New areas become explored as we become accustom to our surroundings and new items follow a similar path. I'd rather they didn't release the pickaxe during this update because it would give dragon items a better sense of completeness when the time is too soon.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I hope it doesn't happen purely for selfish reasons - I spent hours on 99 mining with a rune pickaxe and I don't want people thinking I had it easy and used a dragon pickaxe lol.

Everyone should prove their dedication to mining by slaving away with a rune pickaxe imo! :D

This was always going to happen though, pretty much everything else goes up to dragon.

I agree entirely, I'm going for 99 Mining (95 atm) and using a rune pickaxe at some iron rocks, not even doing granite, let alone SC, or the potential dragon pickaxe. <3:

I just don't think that there would be a point to a Dragon pickaxe right now. It wouldn't change the skill much. It'd probably be nice to have, but I still just don't see the point to it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

as much as I'd love to believe this....proof?

and not to rain on your parade, but we've speculated this already in a previous topic and no one is sure that the new dwarf quest will present us with one :?

I <3: this kid ^^

Yea, I literally, "locked eyes from across the room" (Get it?) when I saw this post...

I was like lets get my gear and go questing...

And then I read it...

DAMN YOU!

On topic: Yea, I honestly doubt it'll be this year, but knowing my luck, as I log off to record where I stand after I get 99 Mining, I'll see a post on the Main Page "Dragon Pickaxe Released!"

I just ate a grape and I ... relized that this was just a theory topic. -sigh- Too bad.

Hah, nice.

Do we really need a dragon pickaxe, anyways? Eh, I suppose it's somewhat useful - though I doubt as useful as the axe. I'm more interested in a dragon harpoon.....

Don't we need a bronze one first?

35b9enp.jpg

[hide=]

as much as I'd love to believe this....proof?

and not to rain on your parade, but we've speculated this already in a previous topic and no one is sure that the new dwarf quest will present us with one :?

I <3: this kid ^^

Yea, I literally, "locked eyes from across the room" (Get it?) when I saw this post...

I was like lets get my gear and go questing...

And then I read it...

DAMN YOU!

On topic: Yea, I honestly doubt it'll be this year, but knowing my luck, as I log off to record where I stand after I get 99 Mining, I'll see a post on the Main Page "Dragon Pickaxe Released!"

I just ate a grape and I ... relized that this was just a theory topic. -sigh- Too bad.

Hah, nice.

Do we really need a dragon pickaxe, anyways? Eh, I suppose it's somewhat useful - though I doubt as useful as the axe. I'm more interested in a dragon harpoon.....

Don't we need a bronze one first?

[/hide]Sarcasm. ;)

Dude, 30K an hour max for f2p and 120K (with SC) max in p2p [averages in the long run] would be drastically changed with dragon pick

Huh? The fastest XP/H rates are done through power mining. Iron/Granite are already mined nearly instantaneous, I just don't see a dragon pickaxe as big of a deal as the dragon axe. Sure it'd speed up the higher ores, but we're talking about XP. I don't get what you're saying on how it "would be drastically changed with dragon pick".

cliffside1ra5.png

I highly doubt it will be released in the next quest, it has a hunter and FM requirement rather than mining. Maybe as everyone else said the future sequels could see the releasing of it, but I can almost guarentee it won't come up right now.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.