Mining Sucks (round 2)

Makoto_the_Phoenix

I think the update that Jagex should introduce is the increase the speed of high lv. miners. Its very annoying when you are keep on being beaten by low level miners, sometimes people of about 55 mining often beats me when i'm mining coal in lumbby swamp(i want the addy ores)! I don't see a reason to rise your mining lv after 85.

IMO, all three of the production skills should have this implemented. I like fairness, as you can see from my sig... :roll:

For what is fair is that higher level players should get a better chance to get the ores as they put more effort on that skill, if all players have the same chance of getting the ores then what is the meaning of getting higher mining level except for getting the skillcape and mining all kinds of ores?

Which is what I said, but what you suggested should be done for all 3 of the production skills, fishing, woodcutting and mining.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the update that Jagex should introduce is the increase the speed of high lv. miners. Its very annoying when you are keep on being beaten by low level miners, sometimes people of about 55 mining often beats me when i'm mining coal in lumbby swamp(i want the addy ores)! I don't see a reason to rise your mining lv after 85.

IMO, all three of the production skills should have this implemented. I like fairness, as you can see from my sig... :roll:

For what is fair is that higher level players should get a better chance to get the ores as they put more effort on that skill, if all players have the same chance of getting the ores then what is the meaning of getting higher mining level except for getting the skillcape and mining all kinds of ores?

Which is what I said, but what you suggested should be done for all 3 of the production skills, fishing, woodcutting and mining.

I don't think so for fishing since you don't need to compete for the fishies with other players.

22,993th to get 99fm on 20th June 2009

miner1087.png

I don't think so for fishing since you don't need to compete for the fishies with other players.

I'm not very sure about that..

[hide=]

I'm not very sure about that..

[/hide]

It's not as big a fight, but others do impact your fishing.

He wants more ores per rock right?

I'm assuming that includes runite, right?

Which means, alot more runite, for less world switching, etc. In other words, rune goes downnnn.

From the first post, I see that it says he is not refering to Runite, though.

Second, and this somewhat ties into the first the scarce amount of higher leveled ores on the map in convenient locations. I'm not talking about Runite the game would be A-OK with about twelve spots of that stuff but I'm talking about ores that would be useful to mine and smith, namely Mithril and Adamantite. Only problem? There are about 53 Adamantite ore rocks and about 78 Mithril ore rocks in the entire game (and the bulk of them are in places that make it thoroughly impractical to mine, such as the Haunted Mine). Again, what gives?!

I don't know how many rune rocks there are already, but 12 would be a good small number.

EDIT: Unless that means number of mines housing rune rocks.

For the sake of consistency, i assume he includes runite in it.

I won't rule that possibility out as it only says it in section 2, although we can only assume without clarification on this matter. However, I don't really like the idea of multiple ores per rock, anyway.

He could easily say that the lower the level required to mine the rock, the more ores the rock gives. At one end of the spectrum, tin/copper could give almost as much ores per rock as oak trees/what have you. On the other end, runite would only give 1-2 (maybe 1 only?) ores per rock, lowering the impact on ore prices.

He could easily say that the lower the level required to mine the rock, the more ores the rock gives. At one end of the spectrum, tin/copper could give almost as much ores per rock as oak trees/what have you. On the other end, runite would only give 1-2 (maybe 1 only?) ores per rock, lowering the impact on ore prices.

That's the way I assumed it would be.

Although I still think just adding more Mithril and Adamantite rocks closer to banks should suffice.

For the sake of consistency, i assume he includes runite in it.

I won't rule that possibility out as it only says it in section 2, although we can only assume without clarification on this matter. However, I don't really like the idea of multiple ores per rock, anyway.

For clarification, when I wrote this rant, I was significantly more concerned with the lower level ores more than I was with Runite. I don't mind that Rune ore stays the same - even if it does break with the other two gathering skills' consistencies.

This sounds like a fair idea. Not sure what that would do for Adamant, since if we kept the current respawn times for it, it would only last maybe five or six ores per rock for another 10-15 minutes. I still like this idea.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

For clarification, when I wrote this rant, I was significantly more concerned with the lower level ores more than I was with Runite. I don't mind that Rune ore stays the same - even if it does break with the other two gathering skills' consistencies.

In that case, its like a trade off between ease and speed, like many of the skills are becoming, in which i support.

O.O

As a f2p miner with quite a bit of experience with mining, both in gathering and in dropping. I quite like this idea. Honestly something should be done to the skill to help it out. Currently rune mining is the only good source of money with the skill and mining coal is honestly useless money-wise and exp-wise once you get 85. Cause you'd either be better off getting rune for cash or power mining iron for exp.

Anyways, I like the multiple ore idea.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

As a f2p miner with quite a bit of experience with mining, both in gathering and in dropping. I quite like this idea. Honestly something should be done to the skill to help it out. Currently rune mining is the only good source of money with the skill and mining coal is honestly useless money-wise and exp-wise once you get 85. Cause you'd either be better off getting rune for cash or power mining iron for exp.

Anyways, I like the multiple ore idea.

Thanks for the compliment, and free bump. :thumbsup:

Honestly the multiple rocks per ore is a bad idea in my opinion. There's a reason why rare ores are so slow to respawn and only give one ore. Other rocks such as iron ores or coal ores respawn quickly enough that you don't have to worry about waiting a while for them to gain xp or money.

I'd rather not mining become another afk skill. Competition is great among miners competing for one ore and gives incentive to gain a higher mining level. Also to mention the effects on prices.... Just :?

1288581197250-1.jpg

lol mining like wcing, this one i gotta see, but one thing i dont like is the lack of ores in mining guild, they should put atleast one rock of each type in there, not that much os a point when there is only mith in there

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

lol mining like wcing, this one i gotta see, but one thing i dont like is the lack of ores in mining guild, they should put atleast one rock of each type in there, not that much os a point when there is only mith in there

The Mining Guild could resemble the Hobgoblin mines a bit, that' s heaven for miners. I mean really, the mines outside the Guild have adamant ore.

Outside the Guild. Inside is a motherload of coal, and 4 (I think) mithril rocks. Not even one iron rock in there, that just saddens the litlle miner in me ( :( ).

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

The Mining Guild could resemble the Hobgoblin mines a bit, that' s heaven for miners. I mean really, the mines outside the Guild have adamant ore.

Outside the Guild. Inside is a motherload of coal, and 4 (I think) mithril rocks. Not even one iron rock in there, that just saddens the litlle miner in me ( :( ).

yea it sucks when you have to train at high lvls and btw there are 5 miths ;)

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Honestly the multiple rocks per ore is a bad idea in my opinion. There's a reason why rare ores are so slow to respawn and only give one ore. Other rocks such as iron ores or coal ores respawn quickly enough that you don't have to worry about waiting a while for them to gain xp or money.

I'd rather not mining become another afk skill. Competition is great among miners competing for one ore and gives incentive to gain a higher mining level. Also to mention the effects on prices.... Just :?

Honestly mining is just too stupid right now. I don't want it to become an afk skill either, but currently the speed of mining is just RIDICULOUSLY slow. Don't [cabbage] about coal respawning fast. Willows respawn at about the same speed and have multiple logs, and the average number of logs you get multiplied by the price is probably more than the price of 1 coal ore.