PvP Artifacts and It's Effect on Runescape Economy

Dire_Wolf

First of all, if i am wrong about something correct me if needed :thumbup: Second, i am against the common drop rate of PvP Artifacts. It's ridiculous.

For those of you who don't PvP who work hard for your GP, Artifacts are items that Jagex used to replace drops from bosses and minigames that were dropped through the "PvP Loot system" in PvP when you killed someone.

Before for example you could a get DFS at the best, but now the best thing you can get is a artifact called "Zaros statuette" which costs 5,000,000 GP.

You might think "That's very little compared to DFS", well it is....but they are being dropped very often. Not the Zaros statuette in particular but all of them are dropped often enough to grant players millions of cash.

Ever since new PvP worlds was released players started doing something called "PvP Trick" also called "26King", this is planned PvP kills.

Two players make a deal where they go together and they for example went and attacked eachother for 2 hours with weapons or spells that did not damage much or none at all. This way they prevented pkers from being able to attack them as they would already be in a fight.

First people used spell group called "Strikes", but that was eventually made so that it did not make you gain potential. Potential which now is given the term "EP" by Jagex is Earning Potential. It decides if you get good drops or not.

The max EP is 100%. So nowdays player would gather EP by casting the spell group called "Bolts". Since Jagex have not made this spell group from not getting EP.

Because it works same way as "Strike" group, just cost a bit more. But the gain from it after the 2 hours is alot.

Artifacts cost from 5,000 to up to 5,000,000 depending on which ones you get!

I have done it myself but though i gain cash i really am not satisfied by the money i get. I did not plan to take advantage of this "Cheap" way to gain GP.

However you get average 500K-800K cash earned every 2 hours, and at the best you can earn 5M+.

OK now i am gonna come to my point, because people gain more and more cash through this way they can afford more. My conclusion is that this will drive prices of many items up.

Example of a item i think has risen in price because of PvP is Dragon bones. People who gotten cash from PvP is now using their money to get 99 Prayer. I dislike this update alot, even though i have done the trick again it's not because of the GP gain it really isn't. If this continues price of many items and supplies will increase by alot.

Why do i think PvP's artifact drop rate is changing prices? All PvP worlds are basically F U L L .

P.S For a TRUE pker Artifacts could be good, but for PvP tricking it's bad.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I agree with you, SirHemen. The amount of cash coming in from this update will make many raw materials go up due to people buying 99's. Maybe even some kinds of weapons/armor. :shame:

Pretty much done with rs now

This inflation is bugging me aswell, I see many people making 8M+ a day and some of them saying over 12M from basically doing nothing in a hotzone for 12 hours. I have worked hard over the last 1-2 months getting my cash pile up from basically nothing (farming cleaned my bank), and through farming herbs, fishing sharks, killing dragons, a little bit of slayer and killing the giant mole I have earned nearly 100M. I decide I will finally get 99 prayer, which has been my goal since I got 99 farming. I am able to buy about 9k dragon bones at 2350 each (a little higher than I was expecting to pay), and then bones shoot back up. I was originally thinking this was due to merchanting, but it looks by the graphs that it could be due to inflation. I refuse to pay 2450+ each just because some people are making money off doing absolutely nothing. So I am stuck at 92 prayer, with enough cash ready to bank 96 prayer atleast (I hate 137 combat, the sooner I can buy 96 prayer the better). I think Jagex will slow down the money coming in from PvP though, because at the moment it has to be the best money maker in the game, it rivals double natures, which is just ridiculous.

I AM AGAINST PvP DROPS.

Well it used to be 2m/hr steady if someone nettled with their target but now you have to fight for real or dds dm so it's less. But it's still minimum 1m/hr with brawlers added onto that. It's too much money for doing nothing especially considering half of pvp is doing it. Even though I do tricking quite often(mainly for brawlers) I agree it should be nerfed.

BTW you can pj wind bolters after 5 minutes of them splashing in BH worlds but not in pvp worlds because of an unknown bug. So wind bolting is rare these days it's turned into d spearing while watching TV or something.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

all it does it makes the price of everything go up, really not a bad thing in runescape. Other money making methods will become more profitable as the goods earned will be worth more.

The current system is ridiculous though. Actual pking will lose you money, while tricking has earned me about 1.5-2.5m per 2-3 hours. I don't do the bolting thing, I ussually use my brawlers, train agility, combat...whatever in the wild.

The smart thing to do now is to invest your "hard earned" into items(best bet would probably be dragon bones or green hides)...

In the end, we are all subject to Jagex's rules. Whining doesn't get anyone anywhere...might as well just see how Jagex handles it.

w4M8t.png

The reason for the artifacts was because Jagex didn't want PvP to affect prices of such items as DFS and DFH.

But now with the artifacts, it is affecting all items. Only in a other way>Price increase.

I agree too everything is inflating, yew logs have risen quite abit already, I was going to get 92 Fm quickly, but the logs are +13 today, +6 the day before I've been tracking several items and they're just going up, Raw materials are getting severly expensive, and i've been building my cash pile from 99 rc to 99 slayer, looks like the items I will have to buy to gain skills will just be rediculously overpriced, here's some examples.

Today

Toadflax potion(unf) + 87 Gp

Crushed nest +120 Gp

Mahogany Plank + 35 Gp

Yew Logs + 13 Gp

Raw Shark + 24 Gp

Armadyl Platebody + 141K

The list goes on... and on.. the only things crashing are things being dumped by merches really.

Alching is already a primary source of GP coming in, but items are lost for that, the statues clearly don't work.

The problem is if they try to avoid 26king, by saying adding you must carry atleast 5 items worth 30k each, or whatever, players will find another way to milk the system, it's always been this way, people find a way to exploit anything, all the issues in the game come back to RWT which is a shame really, because nobody really complained about all these issues before the trade cap and such, but it's something we have to live with, IMO the next skill will be a money drainer, and they'll probably nerf the rates, maybe add hotzones as multicombat areas only and the deeper the wildy the hotter the zone, that'll teach em.

On a high note though, the bigger they are the harder they fall.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Today

Crushed nest +120 Gp

Mahogany Plank + 35 Gp

Yew Logs + 13 Gp

Raw Shark + 24 Gp

Armadyl Platebody + 141K

Nests and Toadflax herbs/seeds/pots are actually being bought out by some clan.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Today

Crushed nest +120 Gp

Mahogany Plank + 35 Gp

Yew Logs + 13 Gp

Raw Shark + 24 Gp

Armadyl Platebody + 141K

Next issue, merch clans hehe :D

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Yes, inflation sucks. Thank god I bought my 70 Prayer before the update. :| To be honest, Jagex isn't stupid. Perhaps the next skill they're planning on adding is a complete money sink?

j0xPu5R.png

I AM AGAINST PvP DROPS.

this

I mean, I wouldn't be against the drops if you couldn't 26k for them because they'd be coming in slower, but with this system there's no smoke without fire.

Jagex needs to fix, no, REFORM, the PVP drop system , get rid of 26king and close in on merchanting groups. They're really becoming big issues now. And money sinks won't really help, if people don't want to spend money on a new skill, they won't.

The point is that the pvp drop system is so [bleep]ed that it's so close to the original i'm surprised people don't RWT with it. But why would they RWT when they can just 26k? It's like jagex stopped letting people buy gp and are letting them have it for free.

:wall:

Yes, inflation sucks. Thank god I bought my 70 Prayer before the update. :| To be honest, Jagex isn't stupid. Perhaps the next skill they're planning on adding is a complete money sink?

The only problem is that skill-based money sinks tend to have the opposite effect, and drain money from players that really don't have a lot to speak of. Case in point - Construction. It took about two years for me to get everything back from that black hole.

On to the subject, I was both glad and worried that PKers would be getting statuettes instead of Slayer drops. The system is inherently designed to give a PKer guaranteed profit, which just seems...wrong...I mean, nothing else in this game can give you 100K every time you get or make a certain item.

They have to go. It doesn't seem like it's going to bode well for the rest of the game.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Materials to build boats being expensive makes sense.

Materials to build boats being expensive makes sense.

Annnnd he beat me to it.

anchormansigcomplete.png

[hide=]

Today

Crushed nest +120 Gp

Mahogany Plank + 35 Gp

Yew Logs + 13 Gp

Raw Shark + 24 Gp

Armadyl Platebody + 141K

Next issue, merch clans hehe :D

[/hide]

Looks at 2800 uncrushed nest collection.

PRETTY.

EDIT: 2500 GP!!! I'm rich. :D

BTW you can pj wind bolters after 5 minutes of them splashing in BH worlds but not in pvp worlds because of an unknown bug. So wind bolting is rare these days it's turned into d spearing while watching TV or something.

Yes, Well not everyone and their mum's have Dragon Claws or an AGS to Pile Jump the bolters. :|

Popoto.~<3

The Runescape wiki has a nifty page where all the most commonly traded items' prices are tracked since December 2007.

Using that information they have created some sort of a Runescape trade index. The system works with points just like real life stock exchanges, starting at 100 points December 2007.

According to their index, today's inflation was +1.02 points (which seems pretty steep to me).

Its a very interesting thing they've created, worth clicking:

Common trade index: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_E ... rade_Index

More index's + information: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_E ... rket_Watch

This years common trade index chart:

GEMH_Common_Trade_Index.png

Edit: I myself don't mind people tricking, as long as they have earned their Ep by skilling/fighting instead of resting behind closed doors or air striking look-a-likes. The problem of the artefacts bringing loads of hard cash into the economy seems like a strange move from Jagex part to me. Especially since summoning and construction were designed to take money out of the game because to much was being generated.

pepijn777.png

I'm against 26k'ing. There was someone bragging in a clan chat how he had got three 5,000,000 drops in two days on his level 44 through that trick. You shouldn't be able to make so much money with so little effort. It's alright if you're doing it legitimately.

But cheating the system is immoral :wall:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

26King before was really nothing disgraceful if you ask me.

Why?

Because average you earned 300K-800K and it was rare that you earned over 2M. A Dfs/DFH was rare enough.

But These artifacts are dropped as often as Rune items :?

EDIT:

I bought a Dragon claws, because i heard pkers found it unpleasant to pk players with Dragon claws. So i thought i would go level Agility in Wilderness course in PvP world.

But with the artifacts that are considered "CHEAP" money to me, i choose not to. I am gonna wait til Jagex fix it.

Hope soon because i want 74-80 Agility and feel that i haven't gotten GP in a dumb way.

I'm against 26k'ing. It's alright if you're doing it legitimately.

But cheating the system is immoral :wall:

Hands up, how many of you 26k'ers out there actually care about morals? #-o

People will do anything to make a quick virtual profit. They're just taking advantage of the situation. Personally, I don't blame them. Which leaves me with nobody to blame for the current economy.

I'm one of those people NOT taking advantage of this drop rate problem (only because I know that with my luck, I'll be the first one to ever get pj'ed in a PVP world while bolting :wall:.)

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

I don't like what it's doing to the economy, but I still take advantage of it. I've over doubled my bank value because of it (7m to 17m). Also, wind bolting is stupid. I wouldn't feel safe at all in a pvp world or bounty hunter world not paying 100% attention to my character, because of the number of rushers and pjers out there.

wl7w9j.png

Why?

Because average you earned 300K-800K and it was rare that you earned over 2M. A Dfs/DFH was rare enough.

EDIT:

I bought a Dragon claws, because i heard pkers found it unpleasant to pk players with Dragon claws. So i thought i would go level Agility in Wilderness course in PvP world.

But with the artifacts that are considered "CHEAP" money to me, i choose not to. I am gonna wait til Jagex fix it.

Hope soon because i want 74-80 Agility and feel that i haven't gotten GP in a dumb way.

There I disagree with you. There is no dumb way to make GP (other then usual against the rules kinda things). Also, pkers want to pk players with dragon claws because they kill pvp/bh.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Why?

EDIT:

There I disagree with you. There is no dumb way to make GP (other then usual against the rules kinda things). Also, pkers want to pk players with dragon claws because they kill pvp/bh.

26King was not a major thing until these artifacts came along. It's not against rules to 26K, but Jagex said they did not like it.

Theres a boarder between ruining the game and not. 26King now with Artifact is ruining the game, so therefor i choose not to do it.

But 26King before the Artifacts really did not ruin the game, it took price of DFH/DFS down but it was not that big of a deal. Also you did not earn that much 26King...

I find it strange that you say 1) 26King is against rules and 2) That it's dumb way, because i remember that you did it quite alot.