PvP Artifacts and It's Effect on Runescape Economy

Dire_Wolf

just a speculative thought

would making it so you get at most 4x what your opponent lost deal with this? The 4 is arbitrary but could something like that make a valid solution. Even if you had to reduce ep drainage, this would make it a lot more painful to earn money through it.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be a big problem, but thanks to this problem I can gain 500k-1m more merchanting each day.

This whole attempt to stop RWT is a joke. You take away pvp, then bring it back, then bring it back again with better drops, and now update it so that killing someone with nothing gives you 1m.

It should be made into, if the guy is not risking 250k+ in items you won't get a good drop. People would be less inclined to trick, however, that could lead into more RWT.

Now people don't need to pay 50 dollars to get their fast cash; they can do it for free.

Stellactic.gif

There are enough ways the money is taken out of the game,

I see nothing wrong, fm, summon, con all take money out, pvp armor\weps do as well,

i haven't seen any inflation, and either way ppl were doing this to make money, when prices go back up they be back to mhing instead of 26king.

Face it is their any other good ways to make a large sum of cash fast? No,

And every single one of us look for the best way... ;)

armahiltsigsk7.png

hiltbannerfd4.png

Killer3650.png

Killer3650.png

Home World: 99

Irc-Chat: #Aod

There are enough ways the money is taken out of the game,

I see nothing wrong, fm, summon, con all take money out, pvp armor\weps do as well,

i haven't seen any inflation, and either way ppl were doing this to make money, when prices go back up they be back to mhing instead of 26king.

Face it is their any other good ways to make a large sum of cash fast? No,

And every single one of us look for the best way... ;)

A mistake done by Jagex by making drop rates of some PvP items does not mean you have found the best way to make cash. :|

Best way is Runecrafting. Personally i did not realize these PvP artifacts would have such big impact on economy of Runescape.

But now i have realized it's really "CHEAP" i refuse to do it. This kind of behaviour towards earning GP easy way is considered same thing as cheating if you ask me.

What's difference between players who bot and those who don't? Boters don't give a [bleep] and have no meaning to what they are doing where as players who don't bot they have a challenge ahead of them and work hard for it.

Making the result of their hard work mean something.

Best way to make money yoy say?

1) Assemble a good team with friends and go GWD

2) Level your Runecrafting to 91 and earn cash (That's what a friend of mine is doing!)

3) Do Slayer and Treasure trails

4) Do Herb farming

There is tons way to earn good cash.

As for "Inflation", you have no idea what your talking about. I don't consider myself smart, and even i can see that many items price have increased. If there is not a inflation now, it most likely will happene. Even a friend of mine whos going for 99 Prayer is having trouble buying Dragon bones, guess what? That started when Artifacts were released!

Decent players who work for their GP have worked for it. You have a choice, do "CHEAP" cash which means nothing or..work for the GP.

Is it hurting the Economy? Yes

Is it good money? Yes

Will it be fixed? Most Likely

The fact of the matter is that it is something that will be taken advantage of by people, including me, because it is just so good. I am a recent recipient of the 5 Million GP drop. Zaros I think it was. I'll be continuing to do this until it is fixed because there is no risk to me. It isn't bug abuse. It is abuse of a system, much like safe-spotting enemies and other things that can be done but were not foreseen by Jagex.

I won't apologise for doing this. Remember, this is a game. It's immoral by some people's standards, but I'll never meet you in real life, so I just can't care less. It's human nature.

I'll give this thing until next Tuesday then it'll be gone. By then I'll have the Arma Gs and Arma armor set I've always wanted and I'll go back to Barrows. Trick while you can.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

26King before was really nothing disgraceful if you ask me.

Why?

Because average you earned 300K-800K and it was rare that you earned over 2M. A Dfs/DFH was rare enough.

But These artifacts are dropped as often as Rune items :?

EDIT:

I bought a Dragon claws, because i heard pkers found it unpleasant to pk players with Dragon claws. So i thought i would go level Agility in Wilderness course in PvP world.

But with the artifacts that are considered "CHEAP" money to me, i choose not to. I am gonna wait til Jagex fix it.

Hope soon because i want 74-80 Agility and feel that i haven't gotten GP in a dumb way.

There I disagree with you. There is no dumb way to make GP (other then usual against the rules kinda things). Also, pkers want to pk players with dragon claws because they kill pvp/bh.

26King was not a major thing until these artifacts came along. It's not against rules to 26K, but Jagex said they did not like it.

Theres a boarder between ruining the game and not. 26King now with Artifact is ruining the game, so therefor i choose not to do it.

But 26King before the Artifacts really did not ruin the game, it took price of DFH/DFS down but it was not that big of a deal. Also you did not earn that much 26King...

I find it strange that you say 1) 26King is against rules and 2) That it's dumb way, because i remember that you did it quite alot.

You misunderstood me. when I said things that are against the rules, I ment scammers (people outside bank asking for 26kers, and when it's your turn, they log). I only 26ked a bit recently because I was working on editing a pk vid so I was just using the time to get potent, not wasting it really.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Yeah just one point to consider, yes tricking is wrong. Obviously.

But, although your all calling for a nerf, how the hell are pkers suposed to earn any cash out of the system if they die for ~300k a pop and get no drops? We do need to get something, if its pure cash/items or w/e.

And rs does actually need pvp. Massive usage of resources, rune/runes/arrows etc during the fights and the training supplies to. So it is in everyone's interest to fix it and make it workable...

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

As this keeps up, GP will become meaningless. That's why I'm starting to stock up on items instead of gp. Unless jagex changes something soon, before you know it, items such as whips will become 4-5 even 10m due to the massive amount of gps entering the game. Pvp used to deflate certain items such as DFH. Now with artifacts, it will become the opposite as items will now inflate to massive amount of cash that has no meaning.

The only way I can see for pvp worlds to be fixed is if the drops are either equal or less than the total risked amount for the player. Any other way will cause an imbalance within the economy.

120dgl.jpg

Yeah just one point to consider, yes tricking is wrong. Obviously.

But, although your all calling for a nerf, how the hell are pkers suposed to earn any cash out of the system if they die for ~300k a pop and get no drops? We do need to get something, if its pure cash/items or w/e.

And rs does actually need pvp. Massive usage of resources, rune/runes/arrows etc during the fights and the training supplies to. So it is in everyone's interest to fix it and make it workable...

Pking never was good profit for everyone. If you killed someone, you'd get rune legs/dds/neitiznot. Or a smited whip if you were lucky. The only people making profit back then were those who got alot more kills than deaths, or the ahrim teams near mb or green dragons.

Pking is supposed to be for fun, not a guaranteed way to make 1m+/hr...

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Ya it's too bad everyone would [bleep] if Jagex nerfed the drop rate (which I think they should)

The money inflation is a bit annoying

What bugs me the most, is that I'm missing out on some easy money just because I don't pvp (not that I'm complaining, it's just sort of a shame)

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

It seems like Jagex is deliberately trying to kill Runescape, just so we switch to Mechscape when it comes.

Either that or Jagex's becoming more stupid by the week.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

All items tend to rise in price during the summer anyways, so I still don't believe that 26k'ing has affected the market as much as people think it has.

The expectation of its effects has probably driven up prices more than 26k'ing itself...

160vy.png

all it does it makes the price of everything go up, really not a bad thing in runescape. Other money making methods will become more profitable as the goods earned will be worth more.

It is a BAD thing for people who do not trick. In addition, there are few methods of earning 2.5m/hr. Even with 91 rc, you only earn 1m?

I'm absolutely against the common high valued drops which Jagex have put in place. Instead of making it better, it has done otherwise.

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Ok ill sum up most everyones' posts before mine... Im upset I can't buy 99's for as cheap as I used to... If prices of raw materials goes up its good for the players who collect them to sell and make their money. 26king is not an issue it takes hours to get enough ep to get a really good drop time has to be spent risking 75k to gain that ep. You can jump in on people just trying to gain ep together.(guess what most times they are using pizza or cakes or lobbsters as food) they are easy kills. Now if that same person was skilling for that 2 hours they could make around the same amount of money as someone 26king but they would make money steadly. 26king can pay off huge if you get a zarros and a few other artifacts in one drop but how often does that happen?? Mostly your getting 200k-500k per 2 hours. Its not a big deal and if your not worried about buying stats then this is a great chance to make some extra cash collecting raw goods.

Did anyone even mention the effect this has had on high level weapons and rares? I'm surprised 26k'ing hasn't been nerfed yet. Hell, even nerf the drop rates. I've just been using brawlers in PvP until I get a target, and then killing the target. I leave my EP at 0% since a target is worth an hour of EP. I'm getting great drops and most of the players I get to kill are coincidentally just some 26k'ers who can't hold their own. No risk and a huge reward? That's not really my idea of PvP.

I'd like to see some action taken, but I imagine it'll take Jagex a couple weeks to implement anything. By that time the damage will be noticable. :|

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Hmm, people don't care about fun most of the time anymore, its stats this, money that. Meh...

Go an enjoy some pvp, ey? #-o

This game was always ment to be about pking, and why they have to make some bs random drop system with ep bla bla bla is well, beyond me. So what if people buy runescape gold, really, so what....

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

Hmm, people don't care about fun most of the time anymore, its stats this, money that. Meh...

This game was always ment to be about pking, and why they have to make some bs random drop system with ep bla bla bla is well, beyond me. So what if people buy runescape gold, really, so what....

This game was not always meant to be about pking...

This game was not always meant to be about pking...

Yes, yes, it was about fishing, catching fish and doing nothing with them. Oh right;

Stats would lead onto things for combat related material.

Mining/smithing = Armor/weps

Fishing/Cooking = Food to fight with

ect, ect.

The mindset of alot players has changed over the years, that's all.

K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr

Soooo, what about firemaking Konkar?

You burn your opponent obviously... \'

Meh, I hope they do something about the artifacts.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Thanks for pointing out the single most pointless skill that never truly had a good use.

Not the first strange thing the brilliant minds of jagex has done, now is it. :wall:

When this game first came out it was all about pvp, 4 years later still majority about pvp with the introduction of the brilliant staking. I went on a break, came back an I see the game an watched it evolve for how ever long since I've been back. I came back to no pvp, staking was dead. Economy in shambles. It was fine when I left. :P

Why fix something that wasn't broken, jagex have just taken the wrong aproach to RWT, should of been like WOW (Do not like this game) And sell people GP. It's good for the casual gamers, honestly. It would also attract an older age group of players. It worked for WOW.

Sorry if I'm not making complete sence, its late. ;)

P.S, I do enjoy this game, but I will pick a fault if it is annoyinly large enough.

K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr

First, I would like to remind everyone that we are players and might not be able to see Jagex's perspective.

Next, Just because pking is supposed to be fun(which it is), doesn't mean that it shouldn't be profitable...Fun and Profitable? Looks like Jagex is up to something!

Third, it sounds like most of you havn't even tried 26king. It's not as good of money compared to other money making. After the artifacts, it seems it has increased, but still not insane. The first couple of days(after artifacts) I was making on average about 1.8m per 2.5 hours with probabaly being about 80% efficient, so we'll say 1.8 m per 2 hours. thats 900k an hour(efficiently, less than that at my rate). Then I had a dry spell, making only 500k in 2.5 hours. The next was about 900k in 2.5 hours. Then the next three after that was the 1.8m per 2.5 hours. The only problem I see is anyone with very little skill being able to do this. However, I've heard that at lower levels you expel more EP per kill(can someone confirm this?)

I agree that the artifacts bring in GP into the game, but because this isn't a real economy with human needs, rising prices just mean that everything is more expensive(you make more per hour, you spend more on everything else). It only has adverse effects on things with set prices(alch price, etc). Also, if you view it from a construction perspective, due to the set value of converting logs to planks, it actually makes it cheaper. Things like MTK become more profitable as well.

So I advise, take the good with the bad, and always remember that it is just a game, no need to blow a gasket.

w4M8t.png