PvP Artifacts and It's Effect on Runescape Economy

Dire_Wolf

Jagex obviously wants to pacify the PVP crowd without allowing RWT. Through several failures they have not been able to find the right mix yet. I think the biggest problem that Jagex has made is by telling us too much information. They told us exactly how much you have to risk for the other person to get a drop, they told us exactly how much you have to risk for you to get a drop, they gave us a specific EP % to let us know when we could get good drops, etc. Because of this, everyone can easily figure out what to do to get great drops. Personally I think the EP % indicator was the biggest problem. For example, I got 99 Fishing by fishing Monks at Piscatoris on PVP worlds. There was no EP % then so I would just 26K every once in a while and rarely got any good drops. I would often fish for days before 26King, thinking that this would increase my drop potential. Now I know that my EP is maxed at 40% after 2 hours at Piscatoris. If I would have known this, I would have 26Ked every 2 hours and/or found a fishing spot in a hot zone.

It may sound stupid, but I would like Jagex to come up with new rules for PVP and then not tell us exactly how they work. PKers will continue to PK because they like it and will stumble upon tactics that seem to lead to better drops and non-PKers will not be sitting in Hotzones for 2 hours and then making millions.

You can't really fault any players for taking advantage of the current system since Jagex states it's not breaking any rules, and it's one of (if not the) best money makers in the game.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it used to be 2m/hr steady if someone nettled with their target but now you have to fight for real or dds dm so it's less. But it's still minimum 1m/hr with brawlers added onto that. It's too much money for doing nothing especially considering half of pvp is doing it. Even though I do tricking quite often(mainly for brawlers) I agree it should be nerfed.

BTW you can pj wind bolters after 5 minutes of them splashing in BH worlds but not in pvp worlds because of an unknown bug. So wind bolting is rare these days it's turned into d spearing while watching TV or something.

D spearing while watching tv? Care to explain?

Anyway, the update is bugging me too. I also recently bought dragon bones. I sold them for 2478 each because I thought they were just unnaturally high, and now they are 2600, or what? It's just a very badly thought out solution.

I was hoping PvP would increase rune prices, even if ever so slightly. But pure essence has risen 11% in thirty days while natures dropped 1%. For seven days, pure essence has outgrown natures 2:1. So much for one of the best skilling money makers. :roll:

hopesolopatriot.jpg

D spearing while watching tv? Care to explain?

Anyway, the update is bugging me too. I also recently bought dragon bones. I sold them for 2478 each because I thought they were just unnaturally high, and now they are 2600, or what? It's just a very badly thought out solution.

Dspears are used as a precaution to repel dclawers, as it's special pushes the attacker away as well as stunning him for a short period of time. This allows afkers time to react and to run away.

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

I'm not a pker, but you got to agree that everything in this game in the end boils down to combat. Of course, there are skillers that enjoy skilling and dont do combat, but in the end ... it's combat.

Now this combat can be pvm or pvp of course. As I see it, pvm is to make money / get experience for pvp, being the ultimate challenge.

BTW you can pj wind bolters after 5 minutes of them splashing in BH worlds but not in pvp worlds because of an unknown bug. So wind bolting is rare these days it's turned into d spearing while watching TV or something.

What is this spearing everyone talks about? (I never go into PVP worlds)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

What people don't realize is that the more GP flooded in, the less it becomes worth. Sure you can make 2.5M in an hour, but when the prices of items are soaring, that 2.5M becomes proportionately like having 250k.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

i could care less about the economy, im pretty self-sufficient.

but.... i do have a problem with the only 2 "PVP" worlds being full most of the day. :wall: i cant use my agility brawlers in "BH" worlds.

ps. i had no problem with the pvp drops in the 1st place. the artifacts are hella generic and are going to pump so much money into rs, that every item any nub can buy is probably going to go up a good percentage. its happening already, i think im going to take advantage of it and spend all my cash on items.

so will this surplus of gp keep frequently used items up in price? (the complete opposite of what normally happens)

This game was always ment to be about pking, and why they have to make some bs random drop system with ep bla bla bla is well, beyond me. So what if people buy runescape gold, really, so what....

Yea, so what if people can't pay for membership by credit card! Oh wait.

Always about Pking? Wrong.

I came back to no pvp, staking was dead. Economy in shambles. It was fine when I left.

Hilariously ignorant. No PVP? Really? Also; omg we can't steak milyins! As for it being fine when you left; Looking at the past through rose tinted glasses. Somehow I think you whined this bad when you used to play, like the other kiddies.

Why fix something that wasn't broken, jagex have just taken the wrong aproach to RWT, should of been like WOW (Do not like this game) And sell people GP. It's good for the casual gamers, honestly. It would also attract an older age group of players. It worked for WOW.

No.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The way i see it, you can keep your morals in the game, and i'll keep the gp i make from using this method while it is available to me.

I don't see it as cheating, jagex implimented it, and now people are using it.

If you did it, you could afford to pay the higher prices for the raw materials you desire.

Foth.png

What people don't realize is that the more GP flooded in, the less it becomes worth. Sure you can make 2.5M in an hour, but when the prices of items are soaring, that 2.5M becomes proportionately like having 250k.

Exactly :wall:

well it takes some time for the inflation/deflation (I am not sure which one). so if you are fast you can make those 2.5m/h and spend them on items, after that you can wait and sell them for gold again .. in that case you dont lose at all ..

The way i see it, you can keep your morals in the game, and i'll keep the gp i make from using this method while it is available to me.

If you did it, you could afford to pay the higher prices for the raw materials you desire.

So you can do nothing and make 8M a day, or play the game and do something that requires attention and only make 2M a day. Hardly seems fair. Just think if Agility got a new think that would be able to make 1M+ an hour easily, even at level 60. Many many people do not like agility, but taking what you would say is "Who cares if you like it, do it for the money." The game is about fun, it is about training your stats, it is not about afking to make money.

"Who cares if you like it, do it for the money." The game is about fun, it is about training your stats, it is not about afking to make money.

Technically, i think that people use this method in order to gain fast cash which is in turn used for skills. Before that, they were unable to do so as they did not how to earn the money.

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

What we also need to keep in mind is that people might spend the money they earn on summoning, construction, chinchompas for ranging, dragon bones, anything that can drain the money they made. Whether or not we see dragon bones rise 1k each depends on how soon they can get this under control :ohnoes:

Winters Omen.png

What we also need to keep in mind is that people might spend the money they earn on summoning, construction, chinchompas for ranging, dragon bones, anything that can drain the money they made. Whether or not we see dragon bones rise 1k each depends on how soon they can get this under control :ohnoes:

Well honestly those who know they are contributing for this mess, are not respected by me.

Because those who don't do PvP will experience their hard working money meaning nothing when they are gonna use it to achieve goals. Price of items will go up and they will have trouble with small amount of cash they have...

Where as those who does PvP trick every day will have loads cash...

Yeah I get what you mean. It shouldn't be the average person's responsibility to PvP daily just so they can afford the resources that are skyrocketing because of the people who do it 24/7.

Winters Omen.png

But this is the problem, not the solution. I agree with you that there's nothing wrong with doing the 26k trick since Jagex allows it. The implication of your post -- that everyone will have to do it to be able to buy things that are needed -- also is correct, but the problem is that doing the 26k trick is not, in and of itself, any fun. That's why it needs to be nerfed -- so people won't have to do it to compete in the inflated economy.

punitivedsig.png

But this is the problem, not the solution. I agree with you that there's nothing wrong with doing the 26k trick since Jagex allows it. The implication of your post -- that everyone will have to do it to be able to buy things that are needed -- also is correct, but the problem is that doing the 26k trick is not, in and of itself, any fun. That's why it needs to be nerfed -- so people won't have to do it to compete in the inflated economy.

I find it fun getting alot of money in a quick period of time, allowing me to train my other stats quicker, and buy the best items when ever i want.

People have different things they find fun, but personally, i love seeing a 5m statue on the floor.

Foth.png

I don't really care for pvp and I don't really care if people 26k. Eventually the prices will stable i'm sure. They usually do.

the prices of what ? of gp ? :wall:

If people will earn this much each day through PvP tricking, believe me the prices will increase and will not become stable or go back to their old prices.

And those who do not do PvP trick, will have hard time keeping up with the prices of items and supplies.

I don't really care for pvp and I don't really care if people 26k. Eventually the prices will stable i'm sure. They usually do.

the prices of what ? of gp ? :wall:

If people will earn this much each day through PvP tricking, believe me the prices will increase and will not become stable or go back to their old prices.

and that was my point too .. you cant stabilize(sp?) the price of ... gp ...