PvP Artifacts and It's Effect on Runescape Economy

Dire_Wolf

Hmmm inflation.

Jagex should just sell T-Bonds... maybe increase the rate of return from MTK?

Whatever they do they need to eliminate some of this cash.

Edit: A possible solution might be to elimate alch spells from the mage book :o .. The only point of the spells were to put money into the economy and raise mage xp... There are others way to do the latter.

do that and pures will burn down jagex's building...

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those saying that its the fault of the person NOT 26king and joining in on the gold flood: that's not true.

I, personally, sell off most of my items when my members runs out, and then i dont worry about RS for however long I please. Currently, I have 10M cash, plus a BGS, and some other random stocks of items. I would have sold my bgs before i left, but at the time it was totally unsellable, so I just left it, and have sofar taken a 23M loss.

I'm fine with that, however my gold pile is quickly devaluing, without me even playing, i'm loosing money, straight from my gold pile. This is what's wrong.

Loosing money on items, is okay, because no matter how low a single item drops, the economy as a whole still has the same rough value of gold. However, now gold is flooding the market, and because of this, gold is now less valuable.

I lost 23M on my BGS due to time and it settling to its appreciated value, but I'm loosing money straight out of thin air, because gold is flooding the market, and forcing my money to become worth less.

Is it my fault then, that my 10M will soon become 8M in value? 5M? 2M? at what point is it just wrong?

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

First off, because of the mechanics of the game, GP will never be driven to the point of the global depression, specifically germany because they combated the situation by printing more money.

I don't feel like reposting the same thing over, so I encourage you to go back and read all my posts(on this topic as well as other, although sometimes I contradict myself as I realize things)...

I say let it be. See what happens, but don't think that this will ruin Runescape. For many, it has made it more fun.

If you did not notice, the inflation rate has already spiraled out of control at an alarming rate. The general cost of items whether for combat or skilling has been shooting up. If you still do not believe me, take a look at the ge database yourself.

120dgl.jpg

Is it my fault then, that my 10M will soon become 8M in value? 5M? 2M? at what point is it just wrong?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dude you should totally trick to make some of that cash back :thumbsup:

1288581197250-1.jpg

First off, because of the mechanics of the game, GP will never be driven to the point of the global depression, specifically germany because they combated the situation by printing more money.

I don't feel like reposting the same thing over, so I encourage you to go back and read all my posts(on this topic as well as other, although sometimes I contradict myself as I realize things)...

I say let it be. See what happens, but don't think that this will ruin Runescape. For many, it has made it more fun.

If you did not notice, the inflation rate has already spiraled out of control at an alarming rate. The general cost of items whether for combat or skilling has been shooting up. If you still do not believe me, take a look at the ge database yourself.

There are many factors that could cause prices to rise, one specifically being summer with more people playing(for N.A and Europe)

And I never said prices wouldn't rise, in fact I predicted they would rise, however the rate they are rising could be the cause of a panic. In other posts about merchant manipulation, people claimed they wanted a real market with real supply and demand. Now you have it! True supply and demand. I for one don't care. Jagex has impletemented a fun way to make money, and I enjoy it.

w4M8t.png

Jagex has impletemented a fun way to make money, and I enjoy it.

If you're talking about the 26k trick, you're being only half honest with yourself. You enjoy making money. Nobody enjoys the 26k trick for its own sake. If Jagex nerfs it, you'll stop doing it.

punitivedsig.png

prices have always risen at the beginning of the NA summer and they always crash near the end. It's just a fact of Runescape. I'd say you are reading too much into inflation and PvP artifacts and forgetting a situation thats been around for 7 years.

SoLawny.png

prices have always risen at the beginning of the NA summer and they always crash near the end. It's just a fact of Runescape. I'd say you are reading too much into inflation and PvP artifacts and forgetting a situation thats been around for 7 years.

This is another good point. Does anyone have enough institutional memory to say whether this summer's inflation rate is out of line?

punitivedsig.png

I feel sorry for all of you who won't participate because it's wrong.There's no sense in being noble here because a few people sitting out isn't going to slow it down any noticeable bit. If you choose not to go with the flow your cash values will tumult (as we are discussing). The only way to be clear of the problem is to add to it... :|

IF JaGEx comes to its senses (because JaGEx is a company and therefore a single entity!) and changes things for the better (which is what we really should be discussing now - a solution) then all of the extra cash you've accumulated will go back to the same value as before...

2dgucz6.png

This is another good point. Does anyone have enough institutional memory to say whether this summer's inflation rate is out of line?

Not by an unacceptable margin. People are only focusing on one reason for the inflation across the board rather than the multiple causes.

SoLawny.png

I feel sorry for all of you who won't participate because it's wrong.There's no sense in being noble here because a few people sitting out isn't going to slow it down any noticeable bit. ...

What about those of us who don't do it because as a form of gameplay it sucks? It just isn't fun (except for the insane rewards).

punitivedsig.png

I feel sorry for all of you who won't participate because it's wrong.There's no sense in being noble here because a few people sitting out isn't going to slow it down any noticeable bit. ...

What about those of us who don't do it because as a form of gameplay it sucks? It just isn't fun (except for the insane rewards).

Then I'd say that you're also missing out. Your given reason doesn't really matter, you're still being hurt unfortunately...

I hate to say it but I'm nothing short of obligating everyone capable to do it.

2dgucz6.png

I love how there's so many dumb little kids trying to argue that massive amounts of money comming from no where won't ruin the game... :roll: There's no complication to it.

I've played a game and inflation has happened in it because of massive amounts of money comming from no where. It's 10 years old and has extremely poor coding but it's actually still a good game. But because of poor coding, people have hacked and brought hundreds of millions of gold into the game from thin air. This caused every item to raise in price and the valuable items are not even worth gold anymore. The only way you can buy a valuable item is if you trade a different valuable item for it, and since you can't buy one to trade for another, you have to find it yourself. In this game, 100M is the maximum you can trade per transaction and one of the most valued items is now worth about 400M, or in other words, not worth gold. This exact same thing WILL happen to Runescape unless they change this.

I love how there's so many dumb little kids trying to argue that massive amounts of money comming from no where won't ruin the game... :roll: There's no complication to it.

I've played a game and inflation has happened in it because of massive amounts of money comming from no where. It's 10 years old and has extremely poor coding but it's actually still a good game. But because of poor coding, people have hacked and brought hundreds of millions of gold into the game from thin air. This caused every item to raise in price and the valuable items are not even worth gold anymore. The only way you can buy a valuable item is if you trade a different valuable item for it, and since you can't buy one to trade for another, you have to find it yourself. In this game, 100M is the maximum you can trade per transaction and one of the most valued items is now worth about 400M, or in other words, not worth gold. This exact same thing WILL happen to Runescape unless they change this.

Apparently I'm a dumb little kid. I don't think your comparison holds any water. The difference between hacks that bring in massive amounts of gold in seconds, and the inflation that is going to be caused by pvp items isn't even closs to comparable.

I still stick by my stance of just letting it be, and everything will work itself out.

PS your avatar looks like Gannon :)

PPS: I really do enjoy 26king. I train for 2 hours on skills, and get to take a break to gain some cash. Sometimes I take longer breaks to legitly pk.

w4M8t.png

I still stick by my stance of just letting it be, and everything will work itself out.

The only rational basis for this position is that you hope to gain (relative to other players who don't trick) by keeping up with inflation by tricking yourself. I can understand why you would take that position, but most here are speaking from the perspective of the greater good of the game, not from narrow personal interest.

punitivedsig.png

Then I'd say that you're also missing out. Your given reason doesn't really matter, you're still being hurt unfortunately...

The game isn't just about PvP, yet it's bringing in the largest margins of profit. If it's going to bring money into the game (without referring to actual profit per player) then it needs a proportional amount with a near equivalent to the risks involved and other money making techniques.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

The game isn't just about PvP, yet it's bringing in the largest margins of profit. If it's going to bring money into the game (without referring to actual profit per player) then it needs a proportional amount with a near equivalent to the risks involved and other money making techniques.

Why did you quote us? Sorry; I missed how your statement was relevant to this particular point at all, unless you are saying that it should be more balanced with other sources of revenue. If that is what you're saying, then I don't think that anyone here denies the need for change. However, I believe that inflation is a more important problem to be addressed quicker, and also that balance issues will be fixed if PvP is tweaked.

For the time being, my original point is that if you sit out, for whatever reason, you will be hurt by this. If you decide to participate, you don't have to overdo it and generate hundreds of millions. Rather, everyone should do it enough to keep their relative values the same.

You also bring up an entirely unrelated argument about combat not being the focus of the game.

I'll stop myself short of a long drawn out correction and subsequent rant on skillers to simply say that, yes, combat is the main focus of the game, as all skills either aid combat directly, have features which can help combat, or support other skills with one or both of the aforementioned properties. Everything connects back to combat in some way. I'd encourage you to reflect upon some of these different connections.

2dgucz6.png

To semi-quote the recent tip.it times, dont force me to play the way you see as fun or "the true way." JaGeX shouldn't nerf the rest of the game so much that there is now only one effective way to make money, and that all other methods (Short of 91 rcing to even rival it) are now obselete. This is saying "the only way to make money, and have fun, is to do exactly what I say and never stop ." Shouldnt there be more that one way to play? Is that not the point of an RPG? To make a character into what you want and do what you want with it? To be a stupid american: You are encroaching upon my freedoms! :shame: .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

You also bring up an entirely unrelated argument about combat not being the focus of the game.

I'll stop myself short of a long drawn out correction and subsequent rant on skillers to simply say that, yes, combat is the main focus of the game, as all skills either aid combat directly, have features which can help combat, or support other skills with one or both of the aforementioned properties.

But it is not because they have a moral stance on the issue, it's because they don't PK. And I never stated the game wasn't centered around combat.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

I'll stop myself short of a long drawn out correction and subsequent rant on skillers to simply say that, yes, combat is the main focus of the game, as all skills either aid combat directly, have features which can help combat, or support other skills with one or both of the aforementioned properties.

But it is not because they have a moral stance on the issue, it's because they don't PK. And I never stated the game wasn't centered around combat.

I agree, he just said "other money making techniques." And every other combat-based method of making money including going to GWD is being outpaced by this new pking system. If this is the way you want to focus everything then you may as well just take out everything else in the game and just 26k yourself into eternity.

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages

To semi-quote the recent tip.it times, dont force me to play the way you see as fun or "the true way." JaGeX shouldn't nerf the rest of the game so much that there is now only one effective way to make money, and that all other methods (Short of 91 rcing to even rival it) are now obselete. This is saying "the only way to make money, and have fun, is to do exactly what I say and never stop ." Shouldnt there be more that one way to play? Is that not the point of an RPG? To make a character into what you want and do what you want with it? To be a stupid american: You are encroaching upon my freedoms! :shame: .

:roll: #-o

=D> =D>

By the way Aspeeder, thanks again for the Pyramid plunder advice. Apparently you're not such an idiot in Help & Advice.

But you are here. And here is why.

I never said that PvP is fun.

I never said that I find 26k'ing fun.

I never said that you should 26k and nothing else. In fact, I said you shouldn't.

I never said that 26k'ing should be the main source of income. In fact, I said that it was not balanced and should be changed.

I never said that all Americans were stupid. In fact, you did, and you're a bit of an [wagon] hole for it.

In fact, you're a bit of an [wagon] hole for so totally twisting my message.

In fact, what I did say was that I encourage people to do some tricking if they care about their value because the system is broken and there isn't another way to keep up.

In fact, I am using simple repetition because apparently last time you weren't able to grasp what I was really saying.

I agree, he just said "other money making techniques." And every other combat-based method of making money including going to GWD is being outpaced by this new pking system. If this is the way you want to focus everything then you may as well just take out everything else in the game and just 26k yourself into eternity.

Once again, thanks for understanding what I was saying. :roll:

2dgucz6.png

:roll: #-o

=D> =D>

By the way Aspeeder, thanks again for the Pyramid plunder advice. Apparently you're not such an idiot in Help & Advice.

But you are here. And here is why.

I never said that PvP is fun.

I never said that I find 26k'ing fun.

I never said that you should 26k and nothing else. In fact, I said you shouldn't.

I never said that 26k'ing should be the main source of income. In fact, I said that it was not balanced and should be changed.

I never said that all Americans were stupid. In fact, you did, and you're a bit of an [wagon] hole for it.

In fact, you're a bit of an [wagon] hole for so totally twisting my message.

In fact, what I did say was that I encourage people to do some tricking if they care about their value because the system is broken and there isn't another way to keep up.

In fact, I am using simple repetition because apparently last time you weren't able to grasp what I was really saying.

Well to start things off I was being sarcastic about the "stupid american thing." I never accused you or anyone else of believing that, and to be honest that last part was more self parody than any kind of argument. I do have a clearer understanding of what you are saying now, and that it was a temporary fix for the bug and that this isnt the way it should be but there are actions you should take while these kinks are being worked out. Forgive me for not understanding your full argument, it just wasn't totally clear to me that this was a temporary recomendation until change occurs rather than a mandate of how you should play the game from now on. But there are ways to keep you're net worth on the radar without obligating people to pvp, mainly investing in items being bought by 26ker's either through buying them or gathering them. Oh, and no problem on the advice, thats usually the forum where I lurk :ugeek: .

This seriously needs to be fixed already. This is encouraging cheating. Many people are afking casting wind bolt on eachother. They leave for hours, come back with 100% EP, kill eachother for 26k's and then make millions. If people start getting banned for AFK casting on eachother, I can't wait for all these people to get out of the game and the items return to a normal price. The fact that the only method to make money faster (this is only if you are unlucky with PvP drops) is to get 91+ RC and that requires 100% attention for hours on end. Where PvP is you can leave for 3 or 4 hours, come back for 15 minutes, make 5M in drops and leave again.

Conclusive proof that the 26k trick fix is being worked on.

fc37dy.jpg

Thank god.

No the picture is not fake, i couldnt care less if you think that or not, Mod MMG is well known for answering questions in his clan chat, i was just lucky enough to find him on my way to my bloodveld task.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png