Mass Effect Thread

sithlord_man

Vanguard was fun. Don't know if it's viable in insanity. Global cooldown and limited skill mapping sucks. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet.

Vanguard works in Gold for multiplayer and insanity is like playing against on the lowest difficulty in MP. Playing MP a lot just hones your skills so much.

should i put any points in the turret as a geth engy? so far only really used the human engy and... well his turret sucks

Human engineer turret is a 6 point wonder (as in level 3). Use it on heavies to distract them.

Geth turret is insanely good. The shield restore is amazingly powerful and great for squad survivability.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they should make the harvester an enemy in multiplayer, would be fun

might have some trouble landing on some maps, but it can just fly around and rain death from above

just tryed some gold, did ok, my avenger x sucks balls but its the best gun i have right now. we lost on wave 10 ;_;

Ranqecaravan.png

Is there another way to get around the multiplayer putting a point into the first skill at level one? I'd like to keep my repsecs if I really need them.

Unfortunately no. Respec is the only way to completely reset your points, however they're only uncommon now so you have a better chance of getting them.

• 3 weeks later...

My cousin said it was releasing next week and I didn't think it was true, just a rumour he read somewhere, when I saw it on the official site it was surprising.

I'm one of the people who liked the game a lot, even the ending, so this isn't really all that important to me in that way. Just more Mass Effect is what I want, and this will give me a reason to play my main character for a while again rather than just run through with a new character.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

As Kotaku has reported, the ending will stay the same, but it will simply follow up with more explanations with what happens to the world and all your choices.

And it's almost 2 GB's of download and free for everybody.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

This weekend's multiplayer event is fun. Of all the characters you can use for the squad goal I only have the Krogan Soldier unlocked, so I had to use it. I used it once, months ago when I first got it but not since then. It seemed like every time a Krogan was on the team, it would be easily the worst player. I'm not talking score wise (since that doesn't matter), just a really bad teammate. Always dying, not caring about objectives ect... And after playing it a few games I kind of like it. The number of bad players increased quite a bit in the few games I've played so far, I think it is just the mindset you get in when you play that character. Though you can easily play it correctly as part of a team, only about half seemed to do that. The others just ran off and died.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Just played the Extended Cut. I feel like Bioware just gave me the middle finger with that 'other' ending.

EC's better than original endings, can't go lower than rock-bottom. But still pretty disappointing. Still lots of plothole.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Well, Personally I though the new ending is the best of the bunch, because while it was a terrible conclusion to the series it didn't go completely against Commander Shepard's character. Out of the Original Three the Control ending is the best of them (still terrible because it requires ignoring the whole section of the game immediately before the selection scene in order to make it seem like a plausible choice), followed by the Synthesis ending (The least character breaking of the original three), with the Destroy ending bringing up the rear (for the choice to make any sense you need to disregard a bunch of previous actions of Shepard like the whole big Rannoch section of this game).

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

• 3 months later...

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just finished the game for the first time with the extended ending and really like the ending. It felt like a real lose-lose situation, but when facing the end of civilisation, it isn't going to be rosy.

My only quibble is that people like me who don't have access to multiplayer can't get the best single player endings. Why should I be penalised for not playing multiplayer in my single player game?

Still though, the ending was incredibly teary for me and definitely a good end to the story.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

My only quibble is that people like me who don't have access to multiplayer can't get the best single player endings. Why should I be penalised for not playing multiplayer in my single player game?

Extended cut fixes that, requiring something like 6,000 war assets before the penalty kicks in. It's more than possible if you're thorough.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got ME1, and looking through this thread.

Sort of wish I had known about saving up to a million to see the best guns. I get the feeling I might not be seeing anymore stores for the rest of the game. I am however quite happy with my armour and weapons, and that of my allies (Tali and Lira), and seeing as everything I have is now at or above the level of everything I get as drops (by a nice margin too), I'm going to assume that my firepower is probably not going to be an issue.

ME2 looks like it will be a nice improvement, except for the total lack of weaponry :( I mean, I don't need the hundred assult rifles I have now, but I'm pretty sure there are more manufacturers in the first game than there are assault rifles in the second, which kind of ruins some of the immersion (I'll still admit its a lot more choice than I am used to). I just really like the competing manufacturers. But then, that's what I hear. Gameplay gets better, story and immersion get worse, but I think I can live with that.

Also, I am not used to recognizing the voice actors in a game, let alone two of them. Seth Green is really easy to recognize, but also the voice of Captain Anderson. I can't remember his name, but I've seen in a TV show or two as a bad guy, and at least one movie (transporter 2). I thought that was kind of awesome.

Stared on Mass Effect 2. I do not like the new weapon system (and I am obviously not alone since they went back to the massive variety for the 3rd game), but I can live with it. I normally play games using only 1 or 2 guns, and I can handle upgrading it rather than replacing it.

Two things have irritated me so far though.

First, I would like to say that the role playing of the game is pretty awesome, and I am totally in love with the fact that paragon and renegade have no advantage over the other, and are simply 2 means of getting the same thing (the first game series I have ever played where being a good guy doesn't put you at a disadvantage).

Following from that, I am somewhat irritated at being forced to recruit everyone, and not just the people I want. Also, not having access to C-sec annoys me, but I'm pretty sure I'll have more presidium access later.

I also am mildly regretting saving the council. Getting the captain on the council seems to have done jack, since its still those 3 speaking to the two of us, and the Turian and the Salarian council are pretty much now my mortal enemies (at least the blue one has the decency to deny me because I don't have proof, rather than calling me a crazy liar. I know getting new ones wouldn't have really changed anything, but I'm not exactly getting a lot actual gratitude here, even if I do believe it was the best action to take for humanity.

Stared on Mass Effect 2. I do not like the new weapon system (and I am obviously not alone since they went back to the massive variety for the 3rd game), but I can live with it. I normally play games using only 1 or 2 guns, and I can handle upgrading it rather than replacing it.

2's weapon system has its advantages, though. Weapons have more differences than just stats: there are two or three unique guns per class (So by the end of the game you have your default assault rifle, a burst fire assault rifle, and if you're a soldier, a light machine gun).

3's system is basically the same as 2, but with more options, customization, and upgrades.

I will admit, having specialized weapons is kind of neat. Kind of like to stop having my heavy weapon replaced by the ones I find, but what can you do. I'll probably not use anything but the burst rifle for that slot, seeing as I always try to fire in bursts anyway, and this just helps out. I do miss the overwhelming power of overload a bit though.

I think my fish died, so I bought new ones.

Once I actually talked to Jack, I hate her a bit less, or at least feel a little sorry for her. I'd still like to fire her out an airlock though, once she's done digging up dirt on Cerberus got me. With any luck, the only mission she ever goes on will be her loyalty mission, because I expect she has a decent power, and it might be worth getting so I can use it. I also want Tali (got far enough to see I get her). I trust her, and I trust Garrus. They are good people, and powerful enough combatants.