Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mass Effect Thread

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

Corvus
[ Display Name History ]

Corvus

Lord of Ravens

• Members
  • 947 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Ponyseidon
  • RSN2:Stone Of Jas
  • Clan:Bronyville
Well, Personally I though the new ending is the best of the bunch, because while it was a terrible conclusion to the series it didn't go completely against Commander Shepard's character. Out of the Original Three the Control ending is the best of them (still terrible because it requires ignoring the whole section of the game immediately before the selection scene in order to make it seem like a plausible choice), followed by the Synthesis ending (The least character breaking of the original three), with the Destroy ending bringing up the rear (for the choice to make any sense you need to disregard a bunch of previous actions of Shepard like the whole big Rannoch section of this game).
Posted Image
Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just finished the game for the first time with the extended ending and really like the ending. It felt like a real lose-lose situation, but when facing the end of civilisation, it isn't going to be rosy.

My only quibble is that people like me who don't have access to multiplayer can't get the best single player endings. Why should I be penalised for not playing multiplayer in my single player game?

Still though, the ending was incredibly teary for me and definitely a good end to the story.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

My only quibble is that people like me who don't have access to multiplayer can't get the best single player endings. Why should I be penalised for not playing multiplayer in my single player game?

Extended cut fixes that, requiring something like 6,000 war assets before the penalty kicks in. It's more than possible if you're thorough.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
Just got ME1, and looking through this thread.

Sort of wish I had known about saving up to a million to see the best guns. I get the feeling I might not be seeing anymore stores for the rest of the game. I am however quite happy with my armour and weapons, and that of my allies (Tali and Lira), and seeing as everything I have is now at or above the level of everything I get as drops (by a nice margin too), I'm going to assume that my firepower is probably not going to be an issue.

ME2 looks like it will be a nice improvement, except for the total lack of weaponry :( I mean, I don't need the hundred assult rifles I have now, but I'm pretty sure there are more manufacturers in the first game than there are assault rifles in the second, which kind of ruins some of the immersion (I'll still admit its a lot more choice than I am used to). I just really like the competing manufacturers. But then, that's what I hear. Gameplay gets better, story and immersion get worse, but I think I can live with that.

Also, I am not used to recognizing the voice actors in a game, let alone two of them. Seth Green is really easy to recognize, but also the voice of Captain Anderson. I can't remember his name, but I've seen in a TV show or two as a bad guy, and at least one movie (transporter 2). I thought that was kind of awesome.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
Stared on Mass Effect 2. I do not like the new weapon system (and I am obviously not alone since they went back to the massive variety for the 3rd game), but I can live with it. I normally play games using only 1 or 2 guns, and I can handle upgrading it rather than replacing it.

Two things have irritated me so far though.

First, I would like to say that the role playing of the game is pretty awesome, and I am totally in love with the fact that paragon and renegade have no advantage over the other, and are simply 2 means of getting the same thing (the first game series I have ever played where being a good guy doesn't put you at a disadvantage).

Following from that, I am somewhat irritated at being forced to recruit everyone, and not just the people I want. Also, not having access to C-sec annoys me, but I'm pretty sure I'll have more presidium access later.

I also am mildly regretting saving the council. Getting the captain on the council seems to have done jack, since its still those 3 speaking to the two of us, and the Turian and the Salarian council are pretty much now my mortal enemies (at least the blue one has the decency to deny me because I don't have proof, rather than calling me a crazy liar. I know getting new ones wouldn't have really changed anything, but I'm not exactly getting a lot actual gratitude here, even if I do believe it was the best action to take for humanity.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Stared on Mass Effect 2. I do not like the new weapon system (and I am obviously not alone since they went back to the massive variety for the 3rd game), but I can live with it. I normally play games using only 1 or 2 guns, and I can handle upgrading it rather than replacing it.

2's weapon system has its advantages, though. Weapons have more differences than just stats: there are two or three unique guns per class (So by the end of the game you have your default assault rifle, a burst fire assault rifle, and if you're a soldier, a light machine gun).

3's system is basically the same as 2, but with more options, customization, and upgrades.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
I will admit, having specialized weapons is kind of neat. Kind of like to stop having my heavy weapon replaced by the ones I find, but what can you do. I'll probably not use anything but the burst rifle for that slot, seeing as I always try to fire in bursts anyway, and this just helps out. I do miss the overwhelming power of overload a bit though.

I think my fish died, so I bought new ones.

Once I actually talked to Jack, I hate her a bit less, or at least feel a little sorry for her. I'd still like to fire her out an airlock though, once she's done digging up dirt on Cerberus got me. With any luck, the only mission she ever goes on will be her loyalty mission, because I expect she has a decent power, and it might be worth getting so I can use it. I also want Tali (got far enough to see I get her). I trust her, and I trust Garrus. They are good people, and powerful enough combatants.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users