sithlord_man

Mass Effect Thread

Holy shit the ending of the game is biblical, don't get why people complained.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Space Jesus!

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Space Jesus!

With flavor-of-the-day space magic!

hzvjpwS.gif

It just came so out of left field and had so many annoying things left unexplained and unjustified.

Very few of your previous decisions meant anything.

True, but I like how it's open, means there will be another one. :thumbup:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Space Jesus!

With flavor-of-the-day space magic!

Space miracles, perhaps?

Just finished my second playthrough, it's taken me a while since reading a lot of stuff about the ending kind of made me not in a rush to get a second playthrough finished. It's not as epic the second time through, but I am still happy with it. I'll probably do my third and last character when the DLC comes out to get the ending I didn't do yet.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Mass-Effect-3-explains-Dinosaurs.jpeg

;)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Every time I see the gamefly commercial with everyone screaming and freaking out, I think of this game's ending and people's reaction to it.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Being a geth is cool. Painting yourself all black and using a geth plasma shotgun for bonus confusion points.

I get tiny heart attacks whenever a geth team mate uncloaks beside or behind me.

Justicar is my new favorite class :mrgreen: Reave -> run to bubble -> BOOM! Really risky maneuver but the priiiize... :shades:

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Being a geth is cool. Painting yourself all black and using a geth plasma shotgun for bonus confusion points.

I get tiny heart attacks whenever a geth team mate uncloaks beside or behind me.

Justicar is my new favorite class :mrgreen: Reave -> run to bubble -> BOOM! Really risky maneuver but the priiiize... :shades:

Okay Jacob :grin:

dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Finally got my Quarian Engineer. Nothing is more satisfying than shattering explosions from a Cryo detonation with Incinerate. >:3

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Spectre Pack refuses to give me pistols. The Phalanx is nice but I wanna try other pistols out too :'(

dea6a17b9c.png

Got GI and AJ, the GI is ok but I don't know how to play him since I am not the run up and shotgun type or all that great with sniper rifles. Currently messing around with not really using the cloak all that much, leaving hunter mode on all the time and using the Geth SMG like a normal soldier. It works ok, need to get a few more levels in everything though to really see if it will work or not.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

How's the multiplayer in this game? I haven't tried it yet, but after playing a bit of single player, which is what really interests me in the Mass Effect series, I see that for the effective war assets I need some multiplayer to have a better %. Any advice on what is a good way to start, in multiplayer?

How's the multiplayer in this game? I haven't tried it yet, but after playing a bit of single player, which is what really interests me in the Mass Effect series, I see that for the effective war assets I need some multiplayer to have a better %. Any advice on what is a good way to start, in multiplayer?

Play bronze, don't go any higher until you understand how it works, even if you are good. You aren't going to have any levels, good characters, or good weapons unlocked at the beginning so you won't be getting the highest score. And on that note, who gets the highest score doesn't matter at all. You all get the same XP at the end of the game. In this game there is no such thing as kill stealing since everyone gets the same XP at the end. I know I am reiterating it, but there are a lot of idiots out there who will go out of their way trying to get a better score and just cause a shit time for everyone else when they inevitably [bleep] up.

In each mission there are 10+1 rounds. The regular rounds are just strait up survival. Rounds 3, 6, 10 and 11 are special. 3, 6, and 10 you have to complete objectives, which are random between three different kinds. They are self explanatory when you get in the game. Once again, there are going to be idiots out there who won't bother with objectives and will instead just kill enemies to try and get their score up. The main reason for them doing that is just to get their personal score higher, so they can feel better about themselves. There are probably a few people who incorrectly believe that since enemies are infinite on those rounds that spending as much time killing and doing the objectives slowly is worth it. For that particular game you may come up with a few thousand points more if you take your time on objectives, but that is at the cost of credits (which are way more important) and time (which is even more important). A bronze game takes 15 minutes or so, if you spend an extra minute on objectives and get 5000 points more (this is generous) then over 15 games you will have spent 15 minutes more and get 75000 more points. In that same 15 minutes you wasted you could have just played another game and got 150000 more points. Also if you spend extra time on objectives you lose the time bonus, so you are down a 1000 credits or so a game for 15 games, where as if you just did it quick and got an extra game in the same amount of time you would get the 15000 credits rather than losing them.

There are times when you want to focus on killing rather than the objective, namely if the objective is overrun. Also all this applies to bronze and silver games, gold games you have to play differently. In those most of the team should not be going to the objective, only the cloaked infiltrator should be.

Last round is the extraction round, in it you just have to survive and be inside the extraction zone when the two minutes run out. Once again there are many idiots out there who will run all over the map trying to get more score up, which would help the team if they live and get back to the extract point in time. The problem is they don't, often times they die out there. Just stick in the extract zone or at a choke point near the extract zone, don't worry the enemies will come to you.

EDIT: Sorry this was probably more a rant than help. Don't worry, play a few games and you'll be fine. Your N7 rank will be low so people will understand. If they don't, then [bleep] them.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

This was a pretty long read, but even if you feel it is a bit of a rant, still tells me what kind of player I should be and some of the stuff I need to know. I've always been extremely objective based on cod, so I guess I'll see how it turns out in here.

Any human vanguard you see will 9 times out of 10 get themselves killed spectacularly. Learn to detest them :D

dea6a17b9c.png

Any human vanguard you see will 9 times out of 10 get themselves killed spectacularly. Learn to detest them :D

But that one time out of ten where s/he doesn't will be glorious.

is the mass effect series any good? need some new games to play so thinking of buying 1 to 3. never played any mass effect before

Ranqecaravan.png

Also don't go out of your way to save them if they keep dying stupidly. I'll revive them if it is clear and I am running over them but if they die on the first few levels multiple times then I won't even bother with that.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

is the mass effect series any good? need some new games to play so thinking of buying 1 to 3. never played any mass effect before

The first is a bit meh. Second and third are great (except Me3's ending, but they're working on fixing that)

I recommend getting all three though. It's is a very good series.

dea6a17b9c.png