Yew logs - 500gp each?

ibxtoycat

Raw materials need a big price rise tbh. With all the new moneymaking methods coming into the game now (PVP, GWD etc) Gathering materials is one of the worst ways to make money, it needs the prices higher to attract more people to it.

But neither of these two "new" moneymaking methods should actually produce money. That's where the inflation is coming in. Money is being produced in pvp where it isn't being lost.

lalalasig2.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raw materials need a big price rise tbh. With all the new moneymaking methods coming into the game now (PVP, GWD etc) Gathering materials is one of the worst ways to make money, it needs the prices higher to attract more people to it.

But neither of these two "new" moneymaking methods should actually produce money. That's where the inflation is coming in. Money is being produced in pvp where it isn't being lost.

Exactly. It's like what people were afraid about with coinshare, only this time the fears are actually being realized. It's not about profit so much as it's about cash.

Back in the days they were 300gp O.o

Good times, good times...

I remember when they went as low as 250 gp once (or even lower? I forget).

They've been on a constant (well, not constant, but overall) rise since RWT updates. Not very surprising tbh, but noteworthy I'd say.

I remembered that as well. Hopefully more wcers will think about using yew logs for making money to bring them down again.

I'm sure PvP drops have affected this as well? More people using PvP for moneymaking = less yew cutters = less supply = higher price.

Also, People starts wanting to get higher mage lvl, raising demands for yew longs. The nats didn't go up though, because with all the grahhk and whatever stuffs, people make whole BUNCH, and they still make bunch of money.

Also, People starts wanting to get higher mage lvl, raising demands for yew longs. The nats didn't go up though, because with all the grahhk and whatever stuffs, people make whole BUNCH, and they still make bunch of money.

After Summoning came out, the price of natures significantly declined. But it was okay because the Graahk made it faster, thus you would make the same amount of cash/hour. But with PvP and the inflation "crisis," other items have begun to increase in demand and price while natures remain at their lowly price of ~222. Meanwhile pure essence demand has increased and begun to rise alongside other raw materials. But the issue is that the sole purpose of Runescrafting was to bring money into the game. Player killing was originally a very large money drain. But with recent updates however, PvP has turned into another aspect of the game that is bringing in money. It's screwing over skills, mundane ones at that, that actually require much time and effort to bring in a constant profit. Now any ol' joe can grab a friend and 26k while turning an exponentially large profit with little to no work.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

After Summoning came out, the price of natures significantly declined. But it was okay because the Graahk made it faster, thus you would make the same amount of cash/hour. But with PvP and the inflation "crisis," other items have begun to increase in demand and price while natures remain at their lowly price of ~222. Meanwhile pure essence demand has increased and begun to rise alongside other raw materials. But the issue is that the sole purpose of Runescrafting was to bring money into the game. Player killing was originally a very large money drain. But with recent updates however, PvP has turned into another aspect of the game that is bringing in money. It's screwing over skills, mundane ones at that, that actually require much time and effort to bring in a constant profit. Now any ol' joe can grab a friend and 26k while turning an exponentially large profit with little to no work.

It's actually ironic how it takes months for 91 Rc, or high slayer, yet it takes 2 hours to make more than you would in a day rcing after months of training...

Like I mentioned in another topic, it should be if you splash constantly it means your attackable to other players, not just the person your splashing on.

and change it so sitting around you dont gain EP% maybe pking gets you EP Points you can cash in for rewards or something random drop tables suck.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Statues should give you a random chance of obtaining:

x amount of raw materials, amount increasing with statue rarity.

x equipment, level increasing with statue rarity

x amount of coins, increasing with statue rarity (same scale as before)

That would balance everything out.

blood runes are over 300 mid for the first time in a while

rip bloods @ 500each :(

Thats the price they used to be back in the old days, and laws were like 1k each for a quickie.

Back in the day I remember thinking that 1k was the set price for laws, I gathered 100 up and headed for world 1, only to be offended by someone offerring me 300 each for them. Good times, good noobie times.

Its nice thats Yews are that high imo, its a good way for the F2pers to make an easy buck, and it really shows the impact that RWT had on the Rs economy (if it wasnt obvious enough).

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

blood runes are over 300 mid for the first time in a while

rip bloods @ 500each :(

Thats the price they used to be back in the old days, and laws were like 1k each for a quickie.

Back in the day I remember thinking that 1k was the set price for laws, I gathered 100 up and headed for world 1, only to be offended by someone offerring me 300 each for them. Good times, good noobie times.

Its nice thats Yews are that high imo, its a good way for the F2pers to make an easy buck, and it really shows the impact that RWT had on the Rs economy (if it wasnt obvious enough).

Not RWT. Whatever its impact on RS economy, it was over months ago. Now yew log@500gp? It's either merching, or inflation caused by pvp.

Just wait, what I'm doing is making all the money now, then not buying anything. These means that when they nerf it next week, I'll still keep the money, and the prices will go back to normal...

BUT pisses me off cause I was gonna get 99 magic, but now gold amulets are 50gp more than they were 6 days ago >_>

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Exactly. It's like what people were afraid about with coinshare, only this time the fears are actually being realized. It's not about profit so much as it's about cash.

The fears of coinshare were realized and the game was set horriblely out of balance.

The bloated prices of godwars items are proof of that.

Your just blind to it because you like to play at godwards.

I'm sick of all this 26k whining.

Game was already ruined and your too late to [bleep] about it.

Let all the noobs and pkers have their turn at idiotic riches.

The only question I'm interested in is when will us skillers have our piece of the pie.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Please someone explain me how Coinshare evokes Inflation >.>

The Coinshared item gets placed into the g.e. at Medium price and will be bought after a while.

Example:

Three players (A,B,C) decide to do some Armadyl Godwars. Bam! Hilt! Coinshare!

Mid price hilt: 62 mil

Lowest price hilt: 60 mil

Each player gets 20 Mil cash because the rule is:

Take lowest price of the item and divide it by the amount of people that get the share

60 Mil enters the game

After a while, Player D wants that arma hilt. Puts in an offer at 62 mil because that's the normal price and it's stable. The coinshared hilt gets bought and actually 2 mil left the game!

Or am i missing something? :ohnoes:

+ Saxon is right :P

The Coinshared item gets placed into the g.e. at Medium price and will be bought after a while.

Example:

Take lowest price of the item and divide it by the amount of people that get the share

60 Mil enters the game

After a while, Player D wants that arma hilt. Puts in an offer at 62 mil because that's the normal price and it's stable. The coinshared hilt gets bought and actually 2 mil left the game!

Surely this isnt the case :? But my brain isnt working well enought tonight for me to see where the problem is :roll:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Example:

60 Mil enters the game

Surely this isnt the case :? But my brain isnt working well enought tonight for me to see where the problem is :roll:

It IS the case. Coinshare DOES take money OUT of the game.

In the actual situation, however, it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

WarBlastoise.png

Just wait, what I'm doing is making all the money now, then not buying anything. These means that when they nerf it next week, I'll still keep the money, and the prices will go back to normal...

BUT pisses me off cause I was gonna get 99 magic, but now gold amulets are 50gp more than they were 6 days ago >_>

This deserves a nerf, but it'll be a while, most likely, before one comes.

String amulet was never good anyway. Rock lobsters are better if you don't mind the cost, and diamond bolts are better if you do mind the cost.

Example:

60 Mil enters the game

I guess I'll point out the slight flaw.

Everything said is totally correct, however there is a part that can mess with the system.

To continually make sure that the item will sell after time, while never messing with the price (Meaning, its mid so theres no over/under to change the price), the item will adjust with the GE. If it drops or raises 5m, then the item will adjust to always be with mid price. Theres the flaw- Say the item Coinshares and hands out 20m x3 = 60m. Now it sits in the ge, lets say it drops to 40m somehow, and sells at that mid. = 60m came in, and 40m removed, meaning 20m still came in from nowhere.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Example:

60 Mil enters the game

I guess I'll point out the slight flaw.

Everything said is totally correct, however there is a part that can mess with the system.

To continually make sure that the item will sell after time, while never messing with the price (Meaning, its mid so theres no over/under to change the price), the item will adjust with the GE. If it drops or raises 5m, then the item will adjust to always be with mid price. Theres the flaw- Say the item Coinshares and hands out 20m x3 = 60m. Now it sits in the ge, lets say it drops to 40m somehow, and sells at that mid. = 60m came in, and 40m removed, meaning 20m still came in from nowhere.

but is'nt it also likely that the price will rise?

edit: if the price was going to rise the item would sell so jsut ignore what i said.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

I've noticed this too. Whips at 2.3M?!?! When I bought mine I got it for like 1.7. Makes me want to powertrain slayer. (How exactly would one go about doing that?)

Also, prayer pots have went from 10k to 14k. Not very much in numerical values, but in percentage values, huge! This means I'm not gonna be going to barrows anytime soon. :cry:

Ranarrs have been affected, going from 7k to 10k.

All in all, I think this is what happens when Jagex decides to make cash rewards come out of nowhere from PvP. Stupid inflation. :evil:

The only good that's come out of this is whip hunters should be happy.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

I've noticed this too. Whips at 2.3M?!?! When I bought mine I got it for like 1.7. Makes me want to powertrain slayer. (How exactly would one go about doing that?)

Also, prayer pots have went from 10k to 14k. Not very much in numerical values, but in percentage values, huge! This means I'm not gonna be going to barrows anytime soon. :cry:

Although inflation may have something to do with whips, its mainly because pkers are loosing whips faster than slayers can sell.Plus,since looting a statue/icon apparently protects over anything, successful pj's will remove whips from the game.

As for p pots,they've been rising ever since BH was released. its not just barrows runners and slayers using p pots lightly every hour... its pkers constantly dieing with them every few seconds.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Although inflation may have something to do with whips, its mainly because pkers are loosing whips faster than slayers can sell.Plus,the fact that looting a statue/icon apparently protects over anything, successful pj's will remove whips from the game.

As for p pots,they've been rising ever since BH was released. its not just barrows runners and slayers using p pots lightly every hour... its pkers constantly dieing with them every few seconds.

Yeah, people get pissed because they think that inflation is causing everything to rise, and then they point out only certain things that are rising, but what actually could of happened is just simple supply and demand.

What's the easiest 99? Arguably fletching(possible cooking...w/e)...

PVP drops have made it easier for a lot of people to gain some cash. Most people have a goal for a skill cape. So more people with cash = more people buying for a 99(if they didn't already have)..meaning Yew prices rise.

If it was simple inflation, everything would be rising.

w4M8t.png