Biggest Bonehead Award

Mine was getting in a hurry to buy a ton of lobsters to train with. I can't remember the amounts but it was around 1.2 million in gold I was spending (before trade limit). For some reason when I put the amount up it didn't look right and I thought I had shorted the other player. Not wanting him to think I was trying to scam, i quickly ran to the bank and pulled out more money and put it up again. Only after we finished did I realize that I had added an extra 0 in there and instead, paid 12 million for those lobsters. That's some expensive training food, I still have them in the bank, as I don't want to eat such expensive items.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a longg time ago, back when I was just a wee little lad.

Anyways, I had just bought full adamant armor, and thinking I was the biggest, baddest kid on the block, I decided to go to the Varrock wildy. Except I was too chicken to do anything. So I hid in those trees, just sitting there. And the sad part was, I was like shaking, I was so nervous. You know that weird rushy feeling? Yeah.

And that's when a team of mages saw the noob in the adamant, in the trees.

I'll let you guess how that ended.

There might have been a few tears that day...

2vlwv1v.png

I got to about 40 mining and smithing by mining in rimmington, then smelting in falador, the smithing in Doric's house.

Did that, though first I didnt know the beneifts of doing dorics quest. When I found out I was all 'Yeah! don't have to run all the way to varrock anymore! What a way to increase my productivity!' #-o

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Another one for me, on this account.

Temple of Ikov, I thought I was so good at getting 50 range that I went to kill the fire guard (cant remember its name) without food or prayer potions, well my prayer ran out and I took mega damage, down to 10hp (I think) then I ran and teled out.

I've learned from that experience, go prepared into a boss fight, take food, potions etc.

Went back last week and kicked his [wagon] for making me look like a noob all those months ago.

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

I wasn't the smartest when I was but a young beginner. I carried all my money on me, along with a variety of other horribly worthless things. I had, at all times in my inventory, a hammer, a tinderbox, an axe, a pickaxe, and I think some air runes. Other than that, I singlemindedly chopped wood. A month or so later, I looked up and saw I had level 56.

My first Christmas, I was ecstatic that I finally got the ability to mine coal. So, someone with a strength skillcape offered to take some of my coal and smith me up some adamant armor. I was thinking along the lines of, "Oh. It's Christmas. He's just being a kind person. I love Runescape." And that's the first, and only, time I got scammed. Lost 67 coal...

Twibb.png

I was carrying all my stuff with me for some unknown reason (maybe I didn't know how the bank worked?) and I went into karamja volcano. Skeleton attacked me and somehow I couldn't find the rope to get back up (graphics back then weren't quite what they are now). I was freaking out and pming my friend to come save me. I managed to kill the skeleton attacking me with like 4 hp left. Then I got attacked by another one and died. Lost less than 1k and was horrified. My friend gave me a mith sword and like 200 gp. I thought mith was the best type of weapon in the game so I was happy.

Another thing is my friend and I would mine rune ess and then sell it for like 40gp each or whatever it was back in late2004/early2005. Then we'd buy like 50 chaos runes for 90gp and go kill either white knights so we could get "white armour" or lesser demons for a rune med. My friend had 40 fishing and cooking and was maybe level 35 while I had much lower skills and was like level 28 or so, so he fished lobsters on karamja, cooked them and then gave some to me and we'd run over to the lessers and use up 20+ lobsters for one kill. I think he ended up getting a rune med drop eventually, and I was so jealous.

Those were good times. I wish I could go back to knowing nothing about how the game worked.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Oh lets see here...

Ok first, way back when I was like lvl 20 I decided to take my best armor and weapons for a stroll in the lvl 49 wildy to see what was up there. :wall:

I died from highwaymen, the draynour sewer, and the dark wizards south of varrock one after another.

Got lost in draynour manner.

Alched a whip :wall: :wall: :wall:

While becoming f2p for a few months after being a member I accidentally withdrew all of my money with my bank at 376/64.

That was a bad day, I ended up dropping a good bit of valuable member's stuff so I could put my money into my bank.

Accidentally put in my RS username and password on a fake runescape. :wall: :evil: :ohnoes:

I will think of more eventually...

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Oh lets see here...

Ok first, way back when I was like lvl 20 I decided to take my best armor and weapons for a stroll in the lvl 49 wildy to see what was up there. :wall:

I died from highwaymen, the draynour sewer, and the dark wizards south of varrock one after another.

Got lost in draynour manner.

Alched a whip :wall: :wall: :wall:

While becoming f2p for a few months after being a member I accidentally withdrew all of my money with my bank at 376/64.

That was a bad day, I ended up dropping a good bit of valuable member's stuff so I could put my money into my bank.

Accidentally put in my RS username and password on a fake runescape. :wall: :evil: :ohnoes:

I will think of more eventually...

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

"You guys look! Jagex blocks your pass word! *************"

o wow dats kewl leme try

[censored]

vut? o [cabbage].

Needless to say I was hacked, and all the hacker did was get me to al kharid bank and uhh thats it lol.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

"You guys look! Jagex blocks your pass word! *************"

o wow dats kewl leme try

[censored]

vut? o [cabbage].

Needless to say I was hacked, and all the hacker did was get me to al kharid bank and uhh thats it lol.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I still perform my bonehead moment everyday in RuneScape, helping newbs.

I always end up helping someone, if I'd spent half the time training as I have helping people I'd be No.1 right now..

& giving the odd 10k away every now and again adds up... #-o

At least you have that good feeling you get when you help someone \'

oh well I don't know if it eventually goes away if you help people too much..

simon_senior.png

selling 2 santas the day after they dropped for 50k each in rsc. Selling a green h'ween mask for 35k ea, 2 reds for 30k ea, and trading a blue mask for a rune long either the day after, or a few days after the drop. But honestly, I just wish I had bought party hats back when yellows were like 200k each....

pandapk2.jpg

I was killing iron drag on my pure, when my brothers started talking to me, as I was talking to him I got killed by an iron drag losing 10m worth of stuff. My brothers, who played runescape as long as me, KNEW I was getting killed never said a word about it. It was last week.

Trying to get into member area while in f2p for hours. Falling for the verac's helm/skirt scam.

Training on monkey guard yesterday, my pray ran out while I was stuck near ladder. I menaged to get my [wagon] to the altar, charged my pray, 6 hp left, clicking on pray MAGE, then writing 'Lol that was close' and getting koed. I got back in time ofc but I then realised torso disapear nowadays when you die? It wasn't like that back in the days I played omfg.

oie_080707215636np9.png