Nadril

Official Aion thread (Visions update)

4. I heard that subscription is different, like you buy 100 hours of play time for $15 or something for 3 months and if you only play 66 hours you pay $10? Can anyone shed light on this?

That is probably the Asian servers. I know WoW did something similar where they charged for hourly time cards and not per month time cards. America and Europe probably will work on 15ish dollars a month.

5. Is it worth it to pre-order now?

Probably is. Not for the reason that it will be sold out, but for the reason that you get good stuff with the Collectors edition.

Ah ok, I was just wondering if I could save myself a buck.

Does the Collector's Edition cost more or anything either?

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

4. I heard that subscription is different, like you buy 100 hours of play time for $15 or something for 3 months and if you only play 66 hours you pay $10? Can anyone shed light on this?

That is probably the Asian servers. I know WoW did something similar where they charged for hourly time cards and not per month time cards. America and Europe probably will work on 15ish dollars a month.

Probably is. Not for the reason that it will be sold out, but for the reason that you get good stuff with the Collectors edition.

Ah ok, I was just wondering if I could save myself a buck.

Does the Collector's Edition cost more or anything either?

The CE costs about 30eur ($42) more, and you get:

16.5cm hand-painted figurine of the powerful Aiva.

Exclusive in-game items.

Official Aion soundtrack.

Asmodian A2 poster with Elysian map on back

Elyos A2 Poster with Asmodaen map on back

Trial Code

Exclusive Digital items: Elyos or Asmodian Special Wing Set, Earring , Exclusive colour dye, 2 Exclusive Emotes, Exclusive Title

The normal one (if you pre-order) gives you:

Access to all available Aion Beta weekends

Access to Server and Character pre-selection

Access to Headstart

Exclusive digital items including:

o Talisman of Lodas (1 hour XP + 20%)

o Dark Cloud Hat (Attribute booster)

o Ancient Ring Earth effect

I don't know yet if I'll keep my pre-order. It's pretty much dependent on whether any of my friends will play as well, since leveling by yourself is hella boring. Also depends somewhat on the goon EU turn-out.

2009rb9.jpg

1. Can I download the client now and if so, where from?

You can probably find a download from like fileplanet or something.

2. Are there any open BETAs I can get into to give me a taste of it?

There should be an open beta soon, although I'm unsure of how "open" it is. I.E I don't know if it'll be open for everyone or if it'll be like a fileplanet thing or something.

3. What servers and factions are the EU guys here planning to playing on? It'd be nice if TIF-EU could stay together so it doesn't end up like WoW with us all on different servers and such.

I can't answer that since I'm not EU (: . That does remind me though that I will post what server we will be playing on once my legion decides for all of the US TIF guys who want to play together.

That's for the eastern version.

Yes! You get some nice pre-order bonuses and you get a garenteed acceptance into the rest of the betas (which at this time is just open beta).

Thanks Nad, I mean I've been everywhere like all the Aion fansites, well some, and such looking for where to download but haven't found anywhere yet but I'll look some more.

And who ARE the EU players here who are going to play, so we can decide to play together. I don't want to start a character, get to level 20 then find out that all of you are having fun on the other server on the other faction. :wall:

And also do you know how many more BETAs there will be by the way?

EDIT: http://www.aionglobal.com/download-aion-client.html

Safe? Looks like it as these guys are on the aiononline.com Fansite list but I want to be sure. :)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Thanks Nad, I mean I've been everywhere like all the Aion fansites, well some, and such looking for where to download but haven't found anywhere yet but I'll look some more.

And who ARE the EU players here who are going to play, so we can decide to play together. I don't want to start a character, get to level 20 then find out that all of you are having fun on the other server on the other faction. :wall:

And also do you know how many more BETAs there will be by the way?

Two open betas, I believe. Unsure of their dates.

Here's where I downloaded mine: http://aion.patcher.ncsoft.com/liteinstaller/aion[Caution: Executable File]

Also, like I said earlier, I am EU and I've pre-ordered already. Will be playing Elyos with the EU goons, but we haven't settled on a server yet.

The Open Beta dates haven't been announced yet either, as seen here: http://kindred.aion.tv/status/

2009rb9.jpg

Ah thanks Azvareth, who are the goons by the way? As you know I play WoW at the moment so any back history would be awesome and since I was thinking of Elyos that would be awesome for me, I'm going to download it now so my computer doesn't explode overnight.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Ah thanks Azvareth, who are the goons by the way? As you know I play WoW at the moment so any back history would be awesome and since I was thinking of Elyos that would be awesome for me, I'm going to download it now so my computer doesn't explode overnight.

SomethingAwful forum members. :P Goons in MMOs go pretty far back (there is, or has been, a goon guild in basically ever MMO made - even Runescape. The Goonfleet's influence in EVE Online is apparently huge). To get an idea of what they're like check out the

raid-encounter videos, where they talk about everything except the actual encounters. The guilds are usually known for being hated in most MMOs they play since they troll and make fun of everyone not in the guild. Really great guilds to be a part of though as they're very nice and helpful to people in it, they also have a knack for advancing fast in MMOs, and the guild chat is never dead (at least wasn't in WoW). There are guilds at the aiononline forums that'll roll Asmo just so they can kill us. And the game hasn't even hit open beta yet. Tres fun!

2009rb9.jpg

Haha that's awesome. Oh well, I'll probably roll on your server anyway so we can chillax and stuff but it certainly seems like a fun guild to be a part of! I've seen these guys before elsewhere too and they are hilarious.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

SomethingAwful forum members. :P Goons in MMOs go pretty far back (there is, or has been, a goon guild in basically ever MMO made - even Runescape. The Goonfleet's influence in EVE Online is apparently huge). To get an idea of what they're like check out the

raid-encounter videos, where they talk about everything except the actual encounters. The guilds are usually known for being hated in most MMOs they play since they troll and make fun of everyone not in the guild. Really great guilds to be a part of though as they're very nice and helpful to people in it, they also have a knack for advancing fast in MMOs, and the guild chat is never dead (at least wasn't in WoW). There are guilds at the aiononline forums that'll roll Asmo just so they can kill us. And the game hasn't even hit open beta yet. Tres fun!

You have to pay to be part of the guild and forums though, right :(

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

You have to pay to be part of the guild and forums though, right :(

Click if you want to become a member!

2009rb9.jpg

blizzzocktaion.jpg

aMDdb.jpg

:lol: :thumbup: At GameCon this year :P.

Oh I forgot about this till now: Anyone know if there are language barriers in this game like WoW, or can both factions talk?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Language barriers, but I have seen that people will say stuff to the other faction through personal shop messages. :lol:

:( That's rather sucky. I wish it would not have language barriers. Would make it much more submersive, and even more interesting when the third faction shows up in the abysse.

I downloaded and installed the client, so I'm ready for the open beta when ever it is.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Pre-ordered it and got the client too now! Are there any more Closed BETAs? And what's the level cap by the way?

calciumpixelsigil3.png

No more closed beta events. Level cap is 50.

what is the news on the open beta...aiononline seems to do a poor job of communicating :(

i remember seeing something on it but i cant seem to find it anywhere anymore

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

what is the news on the open beta...aiononline seems to do a poor job of communicating :(

i remember seeing something on it but i cant seem to find it anywhere anymore

If they haven't announced it on the website then there's no official date set yet.

2009rb9.jpg

Early Access starts ~ 30d 4h 59m 28s...

That means it will start at 8pm my time on the 20th September! AMG Can't wait!

I plan to play a Sorcerer in Aion since I currently play a mage in WoW and I have done every since I started playing, never changed, so I'm sticking to this through my games. I fail at CC so I've deviated from the Spiritmaster. :lol:

And EU People, we need to decide on a realm and faction, I know Azvareth is going Elyos with the Goons (By the way, are legions of any size really?) so I don't know if we should just follow him so we are all together, whether we are in the guild or not.

EDIT: I'm joining a guild called Betrayal which are mostly people from the UK. They are pretty friendly from what I see and we are rolling on the server:

Ariel

Gogo get your Goons to come here and anyone else is welcome to join!

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Double post for Open-BETA information bump.

Some guys were looking at the BETA dates and they noticed that there were 11 days between every single BETA so it's pretty safe to assume that the Open-BETA will begin on the 28th of August following the trend. However, don't get your hopes up, it's just extremely likely.

I will be playing on Ariel by the way.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

I don't know yet if I'll keep my pre-order. It's pretty much dependent on whether any of my friends will play as well...

Now that I've pre-ordered it I'm actually in a similar position, but I presume I could quite easily sell the 'Account with Talisman for faster levelling' quite easily. I've got the 1 month time with the game so I might try it out but I'm not really sure, depends on the release of Icecrown really.

Still no Open BETA information either which is where I would truly decide whether to play this or not.

Note: Lolol triple post strike some conversation guys D:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

I would, if only there was something to converse about. Still waiting on open beta unfortunately, hopefully it starts in the next couple of weeks. I think on one of their twitters they said the announcement would be made this week.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

I would, if only there was something to converse about. Still waiting on open beta unfortunately, hopefully it starts in the next couple of weeks. I think on one of their twitters they said the announcement would be made this week.

Hopefully.

And yeah not too much to talk about really, just waiting for the game to get released. :)

Big news today!

Aion's Open Beta, Pre-Select and Headstart Programs

August 27, 2009 8:56 AM

Within the next four weeks, we will treat European and North American gamers to two opportunities to jump into the world of Aion and explore Atreia as Asmodian or Elyos characters ahead of its release in Europe on 25th September and North America 22th September. Aion's Open Beta Test featuring version 1.5 will take place 6-13th September and will include numerous Western enhancements, including improvements to Aion's innovative character customization with a host of Western styles, as well as new zones, instances, skills, quests and continued game balancing and improvements. Open Beta will retain a level cap for both Elyos and Asmodians characters at 30 allowing players to focus on getting to the same level so they can explore the lands of Atreia together, as well as the Abyss.

Players who have pre-ordered Aion will be treated to a Pre-Select and a two-day Headstart period giving them the opportunity to explore, organize and progress through the game prior to the official launch. Pre-Select will take place on 18th September, while Aion's Headstart will begin 20th September. Players can still participate in the Aion's Pre-Select and Headstart programs by pre-ordering the game through several participating online and brick-and-mortar retailers.

Source: [1]

1.5 and a week long open beta, starting next weekend. [bleep]. Yes.