High levels ignoring you

DragonPurse

How can you state high levels ignore you? Maybe they simply ignore everyone... Maybe their chat is off... Or maybe you're actually an annoying pest who they dont wish to engage in conversation with.

I'll take a guess that you're one of the kids who shout 'Skill cape plox>!>!>!>!>!' and they've simply had enough of it.

I dont blame them...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

time = money.

money = time.

Why should they spend their time i.e. MONEY talking to you, unless it is verily going to benefit them, which if you are that much of a lower level, probably isn't.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

The reason behind high levels ignoring you is the fact that it is pretty much impossible to NOT ignore the lower levels. The crap you get when you just want to play like everyone else is unbelievable. I'm all for a decent conversation, but experience tells me it's better to just ignore everyone, instead of trying.

I completely agree with this, I know I'm not considered a "high level." I also do not mind meeting new people or anything like that, I have met many people from simply chatting in game, But it's the ones who simply do it to annoy the hell out of you who ruin it for the others. If you genuinely need help, or anything I will be there, but don't continously annoy someone when they have answered your question and/or solved your problem.

Whether you are high level or low level it doesn't matter we are all here to play the game. Yes it is a social game, but sometimes you just can't have that distraction. Having said that, if you want peace and quiet turn public chat off. Problem solved.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Well, I am I guess a high level at 127. I have my private on all the time and I don't mind talking to lower levels except for the times when they use foul language or are rude. Otherwise if they want to talk I try to unless I am too tired or am roaming the net. :thumbsup: I do try to be nice whenever I can. Sometimes if I am looking away from the laptop I will miss what someone is saying and they will think I don't care or are ignoring them.

I tell myself "I was once a low level too and at that time higher levels talked to me." :lol: Anyway, those are my thoughts on it. Yet, I do agree some have there public on off or just don't want to be bothered. Not all high levels are like that.

It's called being social...

Thinking about your own gain all the time is kind of .. sad.

*Here come the flames*

Being social, ah the irony of that. Incredibly there is something called "real life" where I go and meet old friends and new people continuously. Regularly going to PARTIES, having a laugh with people i've only just met, that IS social, however people have complained about my chat up line:

Is that an AGS in my pocket, Or am I just happy to see you?

No, seriously, being social to people I can actually see matters, I do occasionally indulge in conversation with lower levels on rs, but generally that ends up going back to them asking for help etc. I don't have time for it, also I've kind of quit rs now, just because it's boring.

Social isn't a necessary part of a runescape existence. Social IS a necessary part of real life existence.

Lets be social where it counts huh :thumbsup:

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

tbh funni your total level doesn't exactly classify you as a high level. But I agree with your statement :lol:

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Well, hes just a noob i personaly am 120 Cb and i think thats preety high and i have plenty of friends on my friends list that are around level 60-70 just because i talk to them, some high levels are jerks and other dont realy care and just wanna make the task go by faster ;)

Well_Im_Luke.png

^ Exactly, why bother playing a MMO if you're gonna be antisocial. Might as well just play single player on Xbox or something.

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

Kingbrooks, 125 cb is a pretty high level I think, and I think that's what the OP means by high levels. Just because I don't choose to skill, doesn't mean I don't know how to, or the best ways to skill.

Anyway, Noob is an attitude not a level, Noob relates to game knowledge, I'm pretty sure that my knowledge of the game is greater than yours Larinro.

I have helped lower levels than myself, regularly showing people where to go, how to make money etc. But sometimes I've just had a bad day, or If i'm just tired, then yeah, I'm a jerk to them, but when i was that level, I did my own thing, I didn't ask for so much help as to need someone to literally show me through the game.

Also i get annoyed when low levels ask for help, then to be your friend, then straight away for money. Seriously, I can give help sure, but I just lost my membership and would have to delete 101 people in order to add you it isn't gonna happen, and no you can't have any of the money I earnt through my time.

Even though I've retired from RS, i wont give people any of my money :twss:

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

^ Exactly, why bother playing a MMO if you're gonna be antisocial. Might as well just play single player on Xbox or something.

Because some people just like the game. I'd rather socialize irl.

Yeah, but in the essence its still the same.

Anyway, I've never (as far as my memory can remember) been involved in that kind of scenario before, so I don't think I know how you feel. Anyway, just ignore them. Quite simple.

Who cares if its the same? Its a rant.

O.O

I'll help you until you want me to move somewhere else. I want to have fun doing what I want to do; not following some person all over Runescape because they need a hand to hold/can't open up another browser window by themselves. I've had 99 Construction for 1 day and already get terrorized by people asking how much it cost. I guess some of us can only stand so much unwanted attention.

I find if you leave someone alone, they'll do the same in return, and if you keep it a system, say the Dust Devils on one side to you, and the other side to him/her, you'll earn their respect and most likely they'll help you out if you need something specific to the activity. I find that a lot of the higher Slayer monsters have a sort of camaraderie system that you had best follow. If high levels wanted to answer questions all day, they'd be at F2P yews... :(

No, seriously, being social to people I can actually see matters, I do occasionally indulge in conversation with lower levels on rs, but generally that ends up going back to them asking for help etc. I don't have time for it, also I've kind of quit rs now, just because it's boring.

I don't like talking to people I can't see. There's no emotion in the chat. Same reason I don't like talking to people through IM, or on the phone.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I talk to people, of pretty much any level in game, and that combined with the red 138 above my head, and the fact that I don't say things like "go away noob" surprises quite a few people. In fact, I even go on about things like how I got my money, or how I got 99 ______ if asked. Had that high level been me, I'm sure we would have had a nice conversation.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

A very similar thread as one I replied to three years ago: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=523863&start=40

[/rant] Try being in the spotlight......always.......all the time........wherever you walk in, people seem to think since you're high level it gives them the right to :

- Call you a no-lifer for no appearant reason other than being high level.

- Gives them the right to bug you continuously for free stuff.

- Bombard your chat with questions, ask for help/advise: which is perfectly fine, if you accept the fact I'm helping several people in private chat as well, so be patient and I will reply.

- Be threatened to be reported (because reporter can't stand high levels)when you tell someone to go to RS-homepage to access the knowledge base, so the person asking the question can get the information him/herself (on several occasions).

- Spam trade you to sell awesome cool stuff, without telling what the awesome cool stuff is.

- Be called a 'lvl 124' ........I have a game-name: why would I take the effort to respond to someone not taking the effort to type in atleast some part of my game-name ?

- Be asked over and over again what my specific levels are when I'm skilling (say smithing).

- Be called a high-level snob, when you dont reply within 10 secs of them saying 'mining level': well excuse me, but I have an active friends list and means I'm probably involved in several conversations at the same time and am too busy to reply to the demanded inquiry within 10 secs , Sir !

- Be followed around by beggars.

- Be 'ordered' to make free armour when smithing (kids can't say please anymore these days ?)

- gives them the right to ask/demand for rediculous price cuts on items, since I'm a high level and can easily afford it (yes, I slave my behind off to get to wealth).

- Be asked for free whips almost continuously at abbies (when one beggar finally gives in.........the next will show) Ive tried patiently explaining how to make money in the game, to no avail. There are just too many freeloaders it seems.

- Be pestered by people continuously closing doors in rooms, hoping a random event will pop-up that will kill me while im wearing my p-hat.....I've practically stopped wearing the hat because of the attention it drew.

Yes, I was a low level myself as well, but I didn't go around bothering others.

It adds up to a long list and there's a very nice way to avoid most of it: it's putting public chat to 'friends' or to 'off'. Will I reply to people then ? of course not: I can't see your chat.

If that comes across as a high-level snob or me thinking I'm too good to talk to lower level people, so be it. It's far from the truth though. If people approach me in a normal way, they will get a normal reply. Rub me the wrong way and you'll hear about it. Like it says in my forum title: I like minding my own business [/end rant]

P.S. I'm all for an option in-game that you can hide your combat level: I think it could be helpful in stopping the rudeness downward spiral.

Mind you, being a lvl 124-126 back then was a lot more rare than being a 136-138 nowadays. With the restrictions Jagex has introduced on trades and bringing the GE into the game, begging is now pretty much obsolete (yay). A lot has changed, but the skill related bombardment of questions remains.

Woohoo, I gained 12 combat levels in 3 years.

On the original topic: yes, the guy was an [wagon]. He has no reason to qualify you beforehand as a noob.

DutchDreams.png

I rarely talk in public for many reasons - requests for advice, the usual BS that goes with being an adult female RSer and the conversation turning into a stats/bank contest being the main ones.

I also have an active friends list, at least two other non-runescape online conversations running and I'm usually playing games on social networking sites or playing online poker at the same time. In addition that, I have the TV on or chat to my fiancee about what we're doing in game.

If I don't talk to you, half the time I haven't even noticed you're there. If you were to ask me why I'm not chatting when I haven't responded, I'm likely to just turn public off. (Assuming I even see the question :P )

Ananke32.png

normally i just dont have public on and while i am not a high level(I think) around 50% of the time I go to a f2p world i get called a no lifer. So while the guy was an [wagon] my only advise to you is to join a good clan like [shamelesspitch/]sodb[/shamelesspitch] where you can talk to some of the nicer high levels out there and mind you there are a few.

LNYvk.png

it's funny to see how people act in rs. when you're level 70, no one talks to you nor wants to. but when you're level 122 EVERYONE talks to you with the exception of the 130's.

i play stealing creation [a lot] so i see high level'd people there more often than not. they usually ignore people.

high lvl people (weird way to refer to them) just stopped paying as close attention to the game. we don't die as easily, we kill more easily, we [for the most part] have millions upon millions in the bank, so if we die we can just replace whatever we've got. so we play rs as we're watching tv, reading a book etc. so for us not to respond to you, that means we're just pre-occupied. as for your situation.... he had sand up is skooch.

don't get worked up over it.

EDIT: [for guy that posted after me] try alching or training slayer with your quest cape on. you'll know what being annoyed is all about.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

I am not that high a level (109 combat) although it still is not possible for me to just peacefully alch at the frand exchange without being asked how I got my range cape, how long did it take, help them with a quest, etc. This alone doesn't really bug me much but what I find really annoying is if they get any kind of help from me like some advice for a quest, or even if they used my gilded altar when I was having a house party they ask me to add them.

elapid66.png

99 range 6.12.09 / quest cape 8.16.09 / 99 construction 2.17.10

I am not that high a level (109 combat) although it still is not possible for me to just peacefully alch at the frand exchange without being asked how I got my range cape, how long did it take, help them with a quest, etc. This alone doesn't really bug me much but what I find really annoying is if they get any kind of help from me like some advice for a quest, or even if they used my gilded altar when I was having a house party they ask me to add them.

I add them back, wait 5 minutes, turn private off, delete them. Or tell them my friends list is full.

Ananke32.png

I normally don't talk in game, not bc I'm "better" but bc I'm doing other things and just don't see someone has said anything. I wouldn't go out of my way to call someone a noob tho. I'm normally doing other stuff while on RS, Be it studying, talking to friends on msn, or on a website. I never know someone has spoken to me until I'm already being called a noob for "ignoring them." Tbh, I'm just not much of a talker.

Love, Trust and Pixie Dust!!

I'm a higher level player and normally talk to players around me (unless they act like complete morons) however sometimes I turn public chat off for effeciencies' sake. As for 'high levels' that do this, they are normally noobs who have decent combat stats and want to feel good about themselves.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png