You call this Honor?

gorgoroth

looking for honor in a game is pretty lame, and as far as 26kin goes jagex is bound to do something about it soon or later, and your bound to find unfair ( opposing word for honor) in any game whether it be rs WoW or any game.

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does pking have to be honourable?

The whole point of the wilderness is that there is NO RULES

You can literally do what you want.

If you want to tele, then tele, but your missing out on a food space + can get tbed

If you want to run, then run, but your missing out on a potential drop + can get frozen etc.

It just goes on

there are no rules to the wilderness and players can fight how they want to fight, if you want a 'honor fight' go to the duel arena where the rules are set for a reason

Jamje.png

null and void

So the other day me and a friend were have a discussion about the 26k trick. I said that i hoped it would not get nerfed to the point were it becomes a ad source of money. I like killing green dragons in a pvp world were i can make decent money and gain exp while gaining ep for a potentially high drop. He pointed out that if PvP gets nerfed and it becomes impossible to make money off of it i can always resort to 'honor Pk-ing'. I decided that once i get 100ep ill go try this out, so i did. I bought myself some decent PK gear (Dharoks with D Long as a spec weapon). I skuleed myself on the first guy that wanted to fight me (Full Rune and AGS). He was risking about 500k in total (item protect over ags) and i was risking over 6million (Item protect over Fury). so we started fighting and as i got hm to low health he starts running. Honor pker starts running. now i don't get it? is running away from a battle supposed to show honor? Ive watched over 1000 fights in pk worlds (i enjoy walking around and watching dharok fights|) and 8 out of 10 times the one getting owned would run away. Seriously, some of you might say that it doesn't happen as often as i say but i can assure you it does. How is running from battles any more honorable than doing the 26k trick? why is taking the smart and easy, non risky way less honorable than taking the risky hard way? He had much less to lose than i did, yet he still ran. How can this be a profitable enterprise if you have to attempt killling 5different people before you get someone willing to lose something?

And then we get to rushers and pjers. Honour? no. they try and justify their lame skills by saying they risk alot. they realyy dont risk anything with the new bh pk. They spec you, and when they fail (90% of the time) they simply go to a safe sane and they are safe. I rushed a few times back when i had D claws and i felt like a total [puncture] doing it.

Why does jagex even bother with PK when it has so many problems? the will never get it perfect. there will always be 2 factors influencing it : 26k trick or RWT. JAgex will have to choose, either they nerf it to stop 26k but which will allow RWT or they are going to have to accept the fact that inorder to stop RWT the 26k trick must live on. And in all honesty, whats wrong with makeing 60mil in 2weeks using the 26k trick? Its a wise way of making money.

Wisdom is Honor.

Any thoughts on this?

kk i can garuntee you that you ran like a nub before from a fight, so what you blabering about now since others r running, looking for your own profit on other ppl's expense is not honorable, pkin is made to be bad and the fact that its every person for himself or teams (whatever your pkin as) your bound to b pjed by others

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

I think the dude is the "naughty" word for a donkey, but hey I gave honor pking a try and Ive never won a fight due to my opponent running away. Now I just use full statius in no honor pking. I find that its best to go to a populated area and wait for a target then ill spec them and switch to gs/whip. I use little to no food and I can on a good day average 500k in loot per kill. In my opinion honor pking is "nice" but reality isnt, so you have to be "mean" to make money in pking now.

Honor has been dead for years now. It's sad, but oh well.. Only way to get a fight where someone doesn't run is to set up a DM with a friend.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

i think while your on a pvp world, anything goes. its setup that way for a reason. if people want rules, you to not pray, not eat, or not try to stay alive, then you should tell them to go to the duel arena and that you will even supply them with a dueling ring if they leave you alone. its what i do and boy does it piss people off :mrgreen: =D>

In any true combat situation, anything goes.

Running, Teleporting, Hybriding, Summoning, Healing, Prayer... to me all Honorable. They're all just examples of someone using their character to its fullest.

Dishonorable action would be talking to your opponent and making an agreement that both would refrain from doing something, only to end up handicapped as they break the deal.

Just remember...

A runner can be shot at or rendered immoblie.

A teleporter can be teleblocked.

A number of weapons hack through prayer, and now Zaniks hits HARDER if they pray.

A healer has to stop attacking to heal.

If you want enforcement of battle conditions, do like wilcher. Give them a duel ring and say meet me there.

Brought to you by the word: Collusion (price fixing).

Its what Merchant clans do to ruin the economy for personal gain.

Balance out the GE! Skill Kill and Merch for YOURSELF.

Asellus5.png

May Guthix bring you balance.

This is why RS2 pking will never be better then Runescape classic pking ;)

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Oh trust me, i believe in no such thing as 'honor Pking'. just a word a friend mentioned to me. if i could have it my way i would eat, run, tele, pray, anything to get ahead because thats what i think pking is all about. its supposed to be a real life combat situation and in real life you are going to do everything you want to or need to to survive. this concept of honor pking is ridiculous, as most of you have said its just a game and there is no honor involved. i just feel that when a person wants you to play by his rules then he should play by yours.

and to the poster that mentioned his hate for safing, i dont get why? let the person eat. it takes up time. everytime he eats you get to hit 1 more than he can. so if he eats 10 times you get in 10 hits he couldnt get. that gives you an amazing edge.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Pking - Killing your opponent no matter what it takes, by hook or by crook.

There's no honour in pking you idiot.

Jagex DOESN'T have to make pvpers happy. They can just remove this freaking "kill-for-reward" thing altogether. I couldn't care less.

They just have to close down the forums for a while, and then wait a few months and open it back up, hire 50 more mods to patrol the forum, hide any post that has "wildy", "pking", "jagex" or anything along that lines.

I've always found "honour" in pking a hilarious topic. These pures choose to have unbalanced characters and create an arbitrary set of rules to prevent them for losing. I will always eat well above halfway, I will always use prayer, I will always freeze players and "farcast". Why wouldn't I press every advantage I've earnt?

That being said, I avoid the whole crapstorm and refuse to fight anyone below level 50. It's a waste of time to do it anywhere else. And even there, I teleblock, freeze, "safe" and yes, attempt to run If I'm going to lose.

SoLawny.png

Oh trust me, i believe in no such thing as 'honor Pking'. just a word a friend mentioned to me.

Was that me? If so, by honor pking i mean any form of pking not using the 26k trick :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

+ Saxon is right :P

Yea, i get to hit him 10 times! Unfortunately hes still at full health, so it doesn't matter.

yeah and he has 10items of food less giving you a huge edge, so why complain?

Oh trust me, i believe in no such thing as 'honor Pking'. just a word a friend mentioned to me.

Was that me? If so, by honor pking i mean any form of pking not using the 26k trick :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

And no, it wasnt JUST you. alot of my friends told me that my way of gaining money is spineless. |Do real pking| they would say. Why pk and make a huge loss if i can 26k and make profit?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Yea, i get to hit him 10 times! Unfortunately hes still at full health, so it doesn't matter.

yeah and he has 10items of food less giving you a huge edge, so why complain?

And no, it wasnt JUST you. alot of my friends told me that my way of gaining money is spineless. |Do real pking| they would say. Why pk and make a huge loss if i can 26k and make profit?

Why you shouldn't: If you enjoy it.. do it.

For the sake of population: You're killing it.

Who's problem is that to fix: Jagex :)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

^^yeah that. I could rehash everything I've said for weeks, or you could search my recent posts. I'll let you do the work if you really want to know my stance on this.

As for honor, I don't know why I continue to pk without tele runes...everyone else does it. I always smile when I come to the person who dies with honor. Sadly it's a double standard, because if I totally get owned, then I'll run, but if it's a close fight, and I know it, I'll try to win as opposed to save my stuff. Sadly, even if I win, the good fights always get noticed by the pjers...so I get his drop, and lose my whip after picking up that shiny statue.

w4M8t.png

Running isn't dishonorable, but teleporting is. There is (was?) a whole list of seemingly-contradictory honorable and dishonorable PK'ing tactics. If someone runs away and survives, that's your fault for failing to kill him. Yes, you risked a bunch of gear, but in that situation it seems you risked a bunch of useless gear. Should've brought ice barrages too or something, or at least vengeance.

I think in this context, you have "wisdom" confused with common sense. Similarly, if you were wiser you'd probably have killed him :P

Also these topics are generally pointless to post on Tip.It cuz there are hardly any legit PK'ers around here.

Muggi has all the answers.

/thread.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• 4 weeks later...

honor pkers are so rare nowadays because people are thinking "hey why should i die i can just run!" pretty pathetic running over some rune? yes. going to stop? most likely not. I've met about 5 honour pkers total (not incl. me) in a few months of pking for about 5 hrs a week maybe if that, but most people won't die unless you kill them as they run, but they'll flame you during if you safe a tad even though they KNOW they will run when low food which i find lulzy. Though i find your gear might contribute to the amount of people who run, when i pked in vesta/stat helm/fury/bgs i found about 80% of people ran when i started comboing well, or they'd tele/rol then demand a rm and call me sad for saying "no you run/tele for 200k." If anyone was going to mention it, yes i do call runners/telers pathetic purely because i risk big amounts, show them my pvp armour and spec wep (if clawing) beforehand and ask for a dm, if they still run then i tell them how pathetic it is running to save 200k or so when i risk about 5m and i do dm in it, ive lost about 5 sets of said gear-bgs prots obviously-and none of them i even think about running/teleing/praying. You should be willing to lose what you bring when it's just rune and such, obviously people risking claws and other high value things won't dm but they risk alot so it's expected in a way. If you're risking like rune though and you run it's pretty pathetic IMO. Guess thats just old pking mentality though (most fights then i did, about 95%, were dm'ers.) To the question, 26king is more honourable to me personally, but that's because of the high risk i take and the fact i am willing to lose it, compared to people running and flaming me for not RMing them when they run for 200k. 26King helps friends if you're dying for them too aswell so you're helping out friends aswell as yourself ::'

So the other day me and a friend were have a discussion about the 26k trick. I said that i hoped it would not get nerfed to the point were it becomes a ad source of money. I like killing green dragons in a pvp world were i can make decent money and gain exp while gaining ep for a potentially high drop. He pointed out that if PvP gets nerfed and it becomes impossible to make money off of it i can always resort to 'honor Pk-ing'. I decided that once i get 100ep ill go try this out, so i did. I bought myself some decent PK gear (Dharoks with D Long as a spec weapon). I skuleed myself on the first guy that wanted to fight me (Full Rune and AGS). He was risking about 500k in total (item protect over ags) and i was risking over 6million (Item protect over Fury). so we started fighting and as i got hm to low health he starts running. Honor pker starts running. now i don't get it? is running away from a battle supposed to show honor? Ive watched over 1000 fights in pk worlds (i enjoy walking around and watching dharok fights|) and 8 out of 10 times the one getting owned would run away. Seriously, some of you might say that it doesn't happen as often as i say but i can assure you it does. How is running from battles any more honorable than doing the 26k trick? why is taking the smart and easy, non risky way less honorable than taking the risky hard way? He had much less to lose than i did, yet he still ran. How can this be a profitable enterprise if you have to attempt killling 5different people before you get someone willing to lose something?

And then we get to rushers and pjers. Honour? no. they try and justify their lame skills by saying they risk alot. they realyy dont risk anything with the new bh pk. They spec you, and when they fail (90% of the time) they simply go to a safe sane and they are safe. I rushed a few times back when i had D claws and i felt like a total [puncture] doing it.

Why does jagex even bother with PK when it has so many problems? the will never get it perfect. there will always be 2 factors influencing it : 26k trick or RWT. JAgex will have to choose, either they nerf it to stop 26k but which will allow RWT or they are going to have to accept the fact that inorder to stop RWT the 26k trick must live on. And in all honesty, whats wrong with makeing 60mil in 2weeks using the 26k trick? Its a wise way of making money.

Wisdom is Honor.

Any thoughts on this?

I'm sorry, but this is just stupid.

Reasons:

1)In honor pking, there is no rule that you can't run. If you want both parties to not run, it's called a DEATH MATCH.

2)Why did you skull in dh and fury? :?

3)We all hate those damn d claw rushers and pjers. Don't mix those [wagon] with honor pkers.

4)I'd rather lose 20k on sharks and pots rather then 250k when I can just run and restock. It's their faults they can't ko.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.