Poor treasure trail rewards.

Behind_you0

I won't crush you under a wall of text, because it is not necessary.

Just want to draw attention to the fact that Treasure Trails are barely worth doing them at the moment. At this moment I've had a streak of 12 lvl 3 Clue rewards which all have a value lower than 50k. And I don't think this is just bad luck, I think everyone who does clues is being rewarded with a few sharks, a magic shortbow and some firelighters.

Most clues take about 20-30 minutes, and I just don't think it's a good thing rewards degraded this much. Back in the past, you had a good chance of getting something fancy, and almost always the reward of the clue was at least above 100k. I myself think it's a pity, because I enjoy doing them, but every time I get dissapointed.

Okay, you get my point. But what do you TIF'ers think about this issue?

Apologies for bad English, I'm not native.

sigdk2fa4.png

Here's my blog: restoring it soon | Achieved 99 Crafting

Quoting yourself is laaaaame

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havnt had a 200k+ reward in a level 3 clue in over 6 months. thats not to say i dont do clues, i have like 4 a week. there not worth the time anymore i would suggest saying "add new item" but we saw what happened with animal masks and canes, merched till there dry and them dumped. so clues where worth doing for about a month or two.

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Meh, I used to do all the clues I could get from slayer.

Profited some millions earlier, but after the GE coming out I havent really been getting any good clues.

A few months ago I stopped doing them totally, now I don't miss them at all.

I have one clue banked incase they add new clue rewards/ if I just feel like doing it ever :P

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I got this in two hours a few days ago.

07082009223746.png

07092009004421.png

I do every clue I get at any level. Just because you aren't having very good luck doesn't mean clues aren't worth doing on a whole. Everyone has bad streaks, I persist through them because I know I'll eventually get something good again.

Just takes a bit of dedication. And anyway, they're only ~20min to do so why not?!

090710074545.png

Got that yesterday.

Clues usually suck, but sometimes you might get lucky.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

I don't say you can't get expensive items anymore, I just say 97% of the time you just get trash, with at most a rune pickaxe. Back in the days you got better clues in general. You would rarely get a reward under 100k.

And I believe you, don't have to post pictures because that would turn this topic in a post-your-good-clue-rewards-topic.

sigdk2fa4.png

Here's my blog: restoring it soon | Achieved 99 Crafting

Quoting yourself is laaaaame

I don't say you can't get expensive items anymore, I just say 97% of the time you just get trash, with at most a rune pickaxe. Back in the days you got better clues in general. You would rarely get a reward under 100k.

And I believe you, don't have to post pictures because that would turn this topic in a post-your-good-clue-rewards-topic.

if you're saying that drop rates of clue items have decreased, then I do think it's unlikely. I've always done clues and the rewards have always been varying. It just comes down to luck, after all.

Do more clues.

All of the last clues I ever did, were worth over 100k, several over 300k. Clues are based on luck, just because you get some bad ones, doesn't mean everyone is.

If it takes you too long to do a clue, it's not worth doing. I take around 20 minutes to do a level 3 clue, hell i've done so many that I've solved puzzles boxes in 5 moves before. Get a good technique for clues, that will make it easier. It may be worth practising puzzle boxes on the internet just for practise and so you can see how they can be done.

Eventually you might get a clue like this:

mmmopd.jpg

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

Funny you say that, I just broke my TT dry streak with my last clue. Got a sara plate, was a nice 1.3m or so :thumbup:

They aren't really that bad. Back when many of the TT rewards were worth more, there was no "jackpot" prize. Robin's were the best, now you have a tiny chance at 3rd age armour. The chance may be minuscule, but the thought of it is enough to keep me doing clues. I enjoy clues anyway, they're a fun break away from all that grinding and slaying.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

i havent done a clue in a long, long time. and i doubt i will for a very long time to come. i dont care that i "could" get thirdage, i hoenstly doubt i ever will and clues arent all that fun. the rewards arent great on average, and my time would be better spent elsewhere

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I've noticed trails being pretty lame sometimes, but I get good luck other times. I enjoy doing level 3's no matter what though.

I don't think it would be a stretch to say that they made them take more steps to complete though.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

I can't even do clues because the observatory professor isn't at the observatory and therefore I can't retrieve my chart.

Gf Jagex.

I can't even do clues because the observatory professor isn't at the observatory and therefore I can't retrieve my chart.

Gf Jagex.

Making one in your house would be faster anyway :|

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I have over 20 ss's of rare rewards (not counting firelighters). I think they're good enough as they are :thumbup:

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

It seems like clue rewards are better the longer they stay in your bank. I did about 30 or so level clues in a row, with the average reward of 50k or so I would say. However, right before this, I did a level two clue, with both strength amulet(t) and ...something else, I think elegant costume possibly.

However this is purely speculation, but I think Jagex should do something about this.(level 3 clues should have some sort of system similiar to pvp...gain potential from [cabbage]ty ones, lose potential on good ones)...

w4M8t.png

It seems like clue rewards are better the longer they stay in your bank. I did about 30 or so level clues in a row, with the average reward of 50k or so I would say. However, right before this, I did a level two clue, with both strength amulet(t) and ...something else, I think elegant costume possibly.

However this is purely speculation, but I think Jagex should do something about this.(level 3 clues should have some sort of system similiar to pvp...gain potential from [cabbage] ones, lose potential on good ones)...

I had always had good luck with "aged" clues as well but it would take a substantial amount of testing to know for sure

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

I've done 3 lvl 2 rewards.. lowest I've gotten from them is 500k+ (Strength Ammy trimmed), best being a Wolf mask

On the other hand...Ive done like a million lvl 3 rewards.. most Ive gotten from them was 400k, and the lowest was 4k :wall:

Usually I would leave a slayer task if I did manage to get a clue in hope that I might get another in the same task, but after my last 20 clues being under 40k, I don't find them that special anymore.

I've had a dry streak for a while with no good rewards (sick of sharks, lobbies and bows)... It comes and goes, I guess. I also think they often have more steps now, but I have no testing on that.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

I actually had a sara plate clue today, and haven't had a clue worth less than 100k in a very long time. It just depends on luck.

One thing that I noticed is that higher leveled monster tend to produce better clues. (Though I might just be imagining things ;) )