Poor treasure trail rewards.

Behind_you0

On Monday (two days before update) I got this:

[hide]rsclue.png[/hide]

Over 500k, not too bad. The clue before that was even better, around 800k, sadly I don't remember what I got from it :( After the update my best clue has been 235k.

My best clue ever was a level 1 clue which only took around 5 mins:

[hide]Screenshot-174.png

greatclue.png[/hide]

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest 8 lv 3 clues gave me 5 willow composite bows and a yew composite bow.

Oh and the rewards mostly average around 25k worth of stuff, now they average around 30k but it seems there's still a larger chance than there was before to get (non junky) TT items.

Though i've gotten a bandos mitre so far and a rune (g) full helmet in only around 20 clues which in the past i had to do alteast 200 clues to get a reward.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

my first level 3 in months yielded 47 guthix arrows.. i only sold 15 of them and managed over 180k.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

my best clue was rangers from a level 2 back when they were 900k (way before GE era). best clue during GE era was double black cavs from lvl 3...after that, i've gotten crap, crap, and more crap.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I personally had lost faith in TTs several months ago, but I decided to try a few after the update, a few clues later, I got a Zammy coif and gold-trimmed rune helm.

My faith has been restored by the 650k that clue was worth.

Depending on my luck over the next few weeks, I might give up again or not.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

I typically get good rewards, and I do each and every one I get. I don't have a screen cap of it, but my last great great reward was something along the lines of A Robin Hood Hat, a Sara Kite, and a Zammy Page. I think I also got a rune battleaxe or something. Other than that, mine average about 60k per, which isn't horrible.

goblin512.png

To be honest, making profit from trasure trails really isn't why I do them, I find them fun, (unless I get a puzzle box >.>) and if a reward won't sell then I use that item, as they're intended to be.

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png

i havent done a clue in a long, long time. and i doubt i will for a very long time to come. i dont care that i "could" get thirdage, i hoenstly doubt i ever will and clues arent all that fun. the rewards arent great on average, and my time would be better spent elsewhere

The clue in my bank is almost all the way up to the rune/pouch placeholders.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

31 lvl 3 clues and counting, so far an average of 252k per clue at an average of 15-20 mins to complete, so as far as a money maker for myself they have been very poor.

3x clues ranging from 1.8m - 2.4m.

28x clues ranging from 38k - 560k.

I don't know if I have simply been unlucky, yet these returns on lvl 3 clues shows they are hardly worth doing, when i can make an easy 1.7m/hr at frost dragons or a potential 1 to 5m hr/ at td's or godwars.

So much for the "gurenteed item" really in my experience lvl 3 clues haven't changed at all since the update other than the introduction of a few new items albeit high and low priced.

pocket_0aces.png

I just got 100k from a lv 4 clue...

I mean... what the [bleep]?

Solved in 30 mins orso, even had the chaos tunnels compas clue but i was lucky enough to be on the correct spot each time, i got 4 arrows and 4 puzzle boxes and then my reward.

Lv 1,2 and 3 clues are fun, trail & error celtic knots and run around here for a half hour and hope for the best (compass clues..) sucks big time

But still i make 500k in 30 mins by thieving master farmers, i don't need to heal, i don't need to move, i don't need to drop stuff, all i gotta do is right click.

So i got some biscuits as TT items and they're untradeable... Reminds me of firelighters which are now tradeable and why are they tradeable now and not years ago when they first came out?

Because Jagex can't think ahead of time.

Would be odd if biscuits remain untradeable for the remainder of time but i doubt it in two to three years Jagex will realise they had to make biscuits tradeable.

So Jagex made it possible for each clue to have atleast one TT item as reward (which isn't the case as most of you have already noticed).

And the reason why they did that (other than the one i just said) is because they want us to be rewarded just a tad bit more for the clues we solve (it's what Jagex said, but i used my own words to describe it)

They didn't want all our hard work to be for nothing... exactly they don't want it to be for nothing.

Then all i have to say is that Jagex fails more than they succeed and they still rock, if they could only change how they work as obviously they're making waaaaaaaaay to many mistakes (climbing boots, ahem?) then they would suddenly become 10 times better and probably also make loads more money.

Not that i care how much they make, all i care for is that Jagex should put a disclaimer on anything they say as i and many others tend to forget that you never have to take Jagex literally because if you do then you're the fool.

Or they should just stop communicating with us completely.

Imagene this:

Jagex: Hey guys next week we'll throw in a special update; MOUNTS!

I'm going to save you from all the other yada yada here so we're gonna skip right to the day of the update.

Lots of rage and dissapointment because we can only ride 1 mount, a camel.

They just deleted the carpets and replaced it with camels, you can't even choose where to go.

i know it's an extreme example but that's just to make my point even more clear.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

meh.

50k is meh for me. I usually get like ~100k and I'm happy with that.

And I like puzzle boxes because I can do them. I'd take a puzzle box over wildy any day. Clues are fun for me

And getting a rune platebody (g) and a Bandos Page in the same day doesn't hurt.

Do more clues people!

I just got 100k from a lv 4 clue...

I mean... what the [bleep]?

Solved in 30 mins orso, even had the chaos tunnels compas clue but i was lucky enough to be on the correct spot each time, i got 4 arrows and 4 puzzle boxes and then my reward.

Lv 1,2 and 3 clues are fun, trail & error celtic knots and run around here for a half hour and hope for the best (compass clues..) sucks big time

But still i make 500k in 30 mins by thieving master farmers, i don't need to heal, i don't need to move, i don't need to drop stuff, all i gotta do is right click.

So i got some biscuits as TT items and they're untradeable... Reminds me of firelighters which are now tradeable and why are they tradeable now and not years ago when they first came out?

Because Jagex can't think ahead of time.

Would be odd if biscuits remain untradeable for the remainder of time but i doubt it in two to three years Jagex will realise they had to make biscuits tradeable.

So Jagex made it possible for each clue to have atleast one TT item as reward (which isn't the case as most of you have already noticed).

And the reason why they did that (other than the one i just said) is because they want us to be rewarded just a tad bit more for the clues we solve (it's what Jagex said, but i used my own words to describe it)

They didn't want all our hard work to be for nothing... exactly they don't want it to be for nothing.

Then all i have to say is that Jagex fails more than they succeed and they still rock, if they could only change how they work as obviously they're making waaaaaaaaay to many mistakes (climbing boots, ahem?) then they would suddenly become 10 times better and probably also make loads more money.

Not that i care how much they make, all i care for is that Jagex should put a disclaimer on anything they say as i and many others tend to forget that you never have to take Jagex literally because if you do then you're the fool.

Or they should just stop communicating with us completely.

Imagene this:

Jagex: Hey guys next week we'll throw in a special update; MOUNTS!

I'm going to save you from all the other yada yada here so we're gonna skip right to the day of the update.

Lots of rage and dissapointment because we can only ride 1 mount, a camel.

They just deleted the carpets and replaced it with camels, you can't even choose where to go.

i know it's an extreme example but that's just to make my point even more clear.

You base all this nonsense off one lvl 4 clue that gave you 100k. You should be more patient.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I've done around 10 trails since the update.

All lvl 3.

I got a heraldic rune plate ~600k and a black cav ~600k.

A bunch of tele-scrolls and tons of worthless junk.

As soon as I get done scratching the itch, I'll bank one clue scroll and stop this nonsense.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

i feel that soon lvl 4s will be worth it to do, that means comparing the time it takes with something like tds or frosts of say...4m/h

i think lvl 3s still arent worth the time to an efficient player but if u get a 4 i think its worth it to do, ive made about 28m from 3 of them so far but thats a bit lucky, they may average 2m each once ge prices raise a bit more

a_final_name.png