Poor treasure trail rewards.

Behind_you0

It seems like clue rewards are better the longer they stay in your bank. I did about 30 or so level clues in a row, with the average reward of 50k or so I would say. However, right before this, I did a level two clue, with both strength amulet(t) and ...something else, I think elegant costume possibly.

However this is purely speculation, but I think Jagex should do something about this.(level 3 clues should have some sort of system similiar to pvp...gain potential from [cabbage] ones, lose potential on good ones)...

You never know.

The Saradomin full helm (in GE for max. :P ) was a clue leftover from yesterday, which I didn't do.

More scrolls=more rewards.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even do clues because the observatory professor isn't at the observatory and therefore I can't retrieve my chart.

Gf Jagex.

Making one in your house would be faster anyway :|

You can only make Watches and Sextants. There's no way to make a chart.

The rewards are a waste of time 95% of all clue scroll occurences. But I do them all - they dont take very long, and who knows, I just might get lucky!

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I used to think this but lately, I have got many MANY good rewards. Within the last month I have got about 4 Zamorak pages, various trimmed/god/gold trimmed rune, and today I got sara d-hide top and one of those zamorak pages in the same clue. It may seem like they aren't worth doing but if you get a nice clue scroll tab going and start to memorize most of the clues and get good at puzzle boxes then you can have a lot of fun breaking the monotony of normal RS life with clues.

snipers_end.png

Never feel too disheartened because you get poor clues, I've never had anything above 100k. Ever. But I've seen many of my cousin's clues where he's gotten very good rewards, one which was >2m.

Just keep doing them. :thumbup:

libertherme.png

I think one of the biggest reasons why people don't think clues are worth it anymore is because they can't do them fast.

I've done hundreds, if not thousands of clue scrolls (Avid monster hunter and TT hunter), and as of right now, I generally can do clues in under 10 minutes (Worst ones being ones in Isfadar, as those take the longest to get to). Also, by now, even puzzles are a piece of cake. If you've done them a lot of times, you normally will know almost where every clue is at (I even know half of the coordinates by heart :oops: ).

Another thing, I believe that changed the increase in bad clues, is the fact that more clues are dropped. It seems like the drop rate of clue scrolls have greatly increased from since they were first released. Along with the fact that a lot of items have greatly dropped in price since then (primarily Rune items, the most common clue reward), this results in lower valued clues.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I stopped doing them a long time ago. After 400-500 level 3 clues the best reward was 1 robin hood hat and a bunch of trimmed crap.

I want a total rehaul of the clue scroll system.

Right now it takes about 100-200 monsters to get a clue scroll - I want to change this to about 1000. You should get once every several slayer tasks, not 1-2 times per task.

In turn the average steps for clues should be increased; level 3s should move from 6-7 steps to 12-15. This will push the average time per clue from 10-15 minutes to 20-30.

So clue scrolls are harder to get and complete; that means the rewards must be good. I want to get rid of all the silly trimmed crap that doesn't sell. Heraldic helmets were a stupid idea. You should be guaranteed a few clue-specific items per each new clue that you do, and the average value should be 500k+. In other words, doing a clue scroll should be very good money.

Right now you get lots of clues with few rewards each. I want the system to change to give few clues with lots of rewards each; in other words, the yield stays exactly the same. Instead of doing 8-10 clues to get 500k, one clue should grant that much.

This way, when you see a clue scroll, it's actually worth picking up. The gameplay doesn't suffer because you must do more steps per clue. And the rewards are more exciting while staying perfectly balanced.

2496 Completionist

I get the idea most people think I just did a few clues, and that I'm not good at it. I'm 87 Slayer now, and I did every single clue I got so far. So I think I've done enough to know how they should be done.

But across these many clues I've done, I had several good items, but I have a strong feeling that earlier expensive ánd medium items were much more common. I've a <50k streak yes, but before that streak I've had no item worth more than 300k in a few months. Nowadays I tend to get much more magic short bows, laws, bloods, sharks, lobsters, rune axes, rune pickaxes, coins and firelighters.

That's my point. I know you have to be lucky, that's quite obvious.

sigdk2fa4.png

Here's my blog: restoring it soon | Achieved 99 Crafting

Quoting yourself is laaaaame

I stopped doing them a long time ago. After 400-500 level 3 clues the best reward was 1 robin hood hat and a bunch of trimmed crap.

I want a total rehaul of the clue scroll system.

Right now it takes about 100-200 monsters to get a clue scroll - I want to change this to about 1000. You should get once every several slayer tasks, not 1-2 times per task.

In turn the average steps for clues should be increased; level 3s should move from 6-7 steps to 12-15. This will push the average time per clue from 10-15 minutes to 20-30.

So clue scrolls are harder to get and complete; that means the rewards must be good. I want to get rid of all the silly trimmed crap that doesn't sell. Heraldic helmets were a stupid idea. You should be guaranteed a few clue-specific items per each new clue that you do, and the average value should be 500k+. In other words, doing a clue scroll should be very good money.

Right now you get lots of clues with few rewards each. I want the system to change to give few clues with lots of rewards each; in other words, the yield stays exactly the same. Instead of doing 8-10 clues to get 500k, one clue should grant that much.

This way, when you see a clue scroll, it's actually worth picking up. The gameplay doesn't suffer because you must do more steps per clue. And the rewards are more exciting while staying perfectly balanced.

I fully agree with you on this.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I am sure TT rewards have been reduced. My best was 700K (Saradomin Cloak) and I've done many level 3 clues, and some level 2 clues (Saradomin cloak is level 2).

Just look these 3 noobish rewards and find worse ones:

lvl3bloodnaturesweetsgc.pnglvl3magiclongcoinsrcbow.pnglvl3bdbodylawsmshort.png

bannerzi.gif

^^ That's rough man I'm sorry.

I'd like to see some new clues and rewards, and I really liked Jettrider's suggestion. The only downside would be hellhounds dropping almost nothing, but I can live with that ::'

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

I hate clues, although yet i still do them cause i barly need to look anything up (except for coordinates) there worth doing because its like a free gamble that only costs you like 20mins of your time, and hey somebodys gotta get sumtin good once and a while.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

I know dude. Ive played on R00n for like 5 years now. Back in the day it was worth it, making great profit. Even a few months ago i was getting sara plates etc. But these last few weeks are rubbish, got nothing. All under 30K. These arent the good old Treasure Trails i remember. Its just a Junk Trail now.

I havent done a clue in a month, and ive never waited that long before :/

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

I simply believe that if you don't attempt the clues you have no chance at a reward. Just like killing monsters you never know what you might end up with. Why skip clues when I might have gotten some 3rd age? Anyway, that's my justification for doing each and every clue I get.

Eternis.png

Clues seem to have a love-hate relationship with me. Last week I got 27 Lobsters, Black D'hide Chaps, and a Mage Shortbow. Then this week I somehow end up with a Robin hat. I love doing clues because of that kind of randomness. Next for clues I'd just like a few high-level Construction items added into the higher tier, and perhaps some new clues for the fun of it? ::'

Clue scrolls don't usually have any large profit for me, but I do them anyway. I suppose it's fun to teleport across Gielinor and do puzzle scrolls to get some lobsters. Oh well. It can be frustrating when it feels like you could be making more money training construction, 'eh?

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

^^ That's rough man I'm sorry.

I'd like to see some new clues and rewards, and I really liked Jettrider's suggestion. The only downside would be hellhounds dropping almost nothing, but I can live with that ::'

Well you still have the charms, and they are quite good experience with ranged or halberds. Plus, you would be getting the same value per clue, only you wouldn't have to go off and do a clue so much that more time is spent clueing and traveling than training.

At the same time I want to be reasonable. No one wants to grind on hours for end and treasure trails provide a welcome break. We could call for extremely rare clue scrolls with guaranteed millions, but I think semi-rare scrolls with several hundred thousand coins worth is the right balance.

I simply believe that if you don't attempt the clues you have no chance at a reward. Just like killing monsters you never know what you might end up with. Why skip clues when I might have gotten some 3rd age? Anyway, that's my justification for doing each and every clue I get.

That sounds to me like the state lotteries. Their motto is "if you don't enter, you can't win."

A better motto would be "if you don't enter, you can't be disappointed."

In the state lottos you get about 20-30 cents back per dollar you put in (although in reality you will never see any of your money again, because you would need to live several lifetimes for the chance of hitting a jackpot to be reasonable).

I think that doing a treasure trail should NOT be a gamble whether it is time efficient or not. I've talked to many people and stalked a lot of forums and over half of the scapers I've met don't do clues. It's a waste of all the programming that went into them (a considerable amount, considering how many different clues there are). My suggestion (on page 2) would mean that doing Treasure Trails is a good use of your time while making it actually exciting to get them as a drop and do them.

2496 Completionist