F2p prayer is unreasonable

Guest mauranius

Titled edited, I understand you are angry but please be appropriate ~ Shazarabbit

Just took this from my RSOF rant, but the average IQ is higher here ;) I want some substantial comments

Dear readers,

yes I know I am an F2P-er but still I'd like to rant on how 99 prayer in F2* is breaking me up at this moment.

30 days ago I made a calculation that with bbones (yes bbones) I could make 96-99 prayer for about 75M GP. This requires 200k+ clicks and I know that is my price for being F2p and not p2p.

However I would liek to introduce to you some facts. 1-99 prayer in F2p requires the burrial of over 800k bbones. These 800k bbones would require a sum of 300 million GP. Members have faster ways of training, and I do not need them, however they have the option to "offer x" on an altar that gives them more xp, I don't care about the xp, but I care about the "offer x". How can it be I see members rant about how easy prayer has become after their "offer x" button and I have to click 800k times (yes that will induce some inflamation in my hand and it will have medical consequences) while we need a "bury x" option??? making a "bury" x option would only require 29000 clicks (still far more than p2p) and would be less damaging to our health. Really 2p prayer is a major health concern!

As on another fact, the costs. a month ago it would have costed 300m in total, which I had no problem with since I was mining runite to get it. In the last 30 days bbone price have risen with 17.8% opposed to the bbone price rise over 180 days period (which is 5.5% larger) so 5.5% raise in 150 days and now 17.8% raise in 30 days??? WTH is going on with bbones??? yesterday bbones raised again and I see no end coming to this

Then the rune mining. With the recent chaning in revernant behavior, rune mining is becoming terrible. Every world you go you encounter a revernant, and if you see one you've got to flee or you die (yes I am 125 cb, still I flee from them)

Then the rune ore is dropping VERY hard atm, in 1 week I saw my cash pile drop millions ( i have 2k rune ore banked for my goal...) I saw my goal going from costing 75 mil, to costing 100 mil in just 1 WEEK!

now before you post I'd like you to check some things;

Check bbone & rune ore price (and their charts)

Check how much xp you need for a 99, and check the xp for 1 bbone

Remember that I am not going to ask to make it an easy peasy to get this 99 in F2P, it's just that at this time it's just terrible.

I am wel laware I am not a member and hence I should not ask for much, at this time I am asking for a "bury x" option to keep the f2p-ers healthy. It is an option many members are disgrateful off, and f2p would love it.

Also I am wonderign what made the rune and bbone prices go crazy like this?

And I am wondering about F2p Revenants, what is the deal? Why are they overpowered this much? They where to replace PK-ers, not to annoy players....

In the end I'd like ot thank you for reading, I hope you can understand why I am angry, and once again I understand I don't pay so I don't gain much. But F2p is a full game of it's own and should therefore also be possible to be completed. I can't mine rune worth 25 mil in 1 week, in fact I know not many players who can make that much gp in 1 week :S

For visual effects; bbone price and rune ore price

runeore.png

bigbones.png

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not the problem, F2p is the full game and P2p the extension

Read all of it before you post, you clearly came from RSOF

Okay, fine i'll give you a real reply. It's F2P. The main reason that this is in the game is to lure in people to pay for members. What better way than to make an extremely tedious skill like prayer? Heck, even in P2P it's still an extremely tedious skill even with the altars and better bbones. However I do agree a bury all bbones option would be very useful and easy to impliment.

Ah rune mining, the peacefull eerieness of the wilderness and just hoping you won't die. It's just general supply and demand why the price is changing. People don't want some one week but loads want them later. At least be glad rune bodyguards are no longer a problem.

And yeah, I use many other forums. RSOF isn't one of them (the last time I posted was like, 2 years ago).

Okay, fine i'll give you a real reply. It's F2P. The main reason that this is in the game is to lure in people to pay for members. What better way than to make an extremely tedious skill like prayer? Heck, even in P2P it's still an extremely tedious skill even with the altars and better bbones. However I do agree a bury all bbones option would be very useful and easy to impliment.

Ah rune mining, the peacefull eerieness of the wilderness and just hoping you won't die. It's just general supply and demand why the price is changing. People don't want some one week but loads want them later. At least be glad rune bodyguards are no longer a problem.

And yeah, I use many other forums. RSOF isn't one of them (the last time I posted was like, 2 years ago).

Hokay sorry for my a bit out of tune comment ;) Now you made it constructive and I can happily see we are on the same line ;) sorry for being an [wagon]! :)

If "bury x" is anything like "offer x" then you are going to have to spend twice as long on the skill, and you're probably going to have to pay a lot more.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

If it such a limitation, buy P2P. That's the point. :wall:

I understand what you're saying, but that's the kind of the point really.

In F2P, there's no real need for 99 Prayer - so training it is at the players discretion.

If you feel the need for "bury X" to keep the F2P players happy, then you also need to think of a way making this system so that P2P players don't get 10m+ prayer exp per day by burying X amount of Dragon bones.

I do sympathise for F2P players sometimes, but tbh you're such high skill anyway, I don't think you need to be worried about it. :thumbup: :)

P2p is the full game, and F2p is the demo. That's my point of view, and I don't think you should set huge goals like that in f2p if you have that much of a problem with it. :P

2dvjurb.png

P2p is the full game, and F2p is the demo. That's my point of view, and I don't think you should set huge goals like that in f2p if you have that much of a problem with it. :P

It is your view vs Jagex's view. They made the game, so they know what's what.

As for the rant, I fully agree with the number of clicks part. The rest, I don't really know much about as I don't buy bones or sell ores.

Until someone snipes him on a p2p world.

Anyway, i agree, why not bury X if there is offer X.

Offer X requires you to get to the altar, light burners and bank, the idea was to save people money when they misclicked a bone.

Bury X would be stupid as you could just sit at a bank much like fletching and would get massively annoying in places where you just want to bury one bone, but have multiple bones in your inventory (think ourag bones at bandos gwd).

F2P prayer is lacking as there is little reason to train it past 43.

Whether or not Jagex admit it F2P will always be a demo for P2P. The whole idea of F2P is to entice you into P2P, the removal of P2P in F2P is (hopefully) merely a decoy to raise the popularity of the game.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Offer X requires you to get to the altar, light burners and bank, the idea was to save people money when they misclicked a bone.

Bury X would be stupid as you could just sit at a bank much like fletching and would get massively annoying in places where you just want to bury one bone, but have multiple bones in your inventory (think ourag bones at bandos gwd).

On the other hand, if you just use a house party world and everything, its almost definitely faster and cheaper than Bury X would ever be.

O.O

Don't tell mauranius to go P2P. It's not going to happen, so don't suggest it.

And to everyone saying that there is no need for high prayer on F2P, you're wrong. Prayer runs out so quickly that having max prayer in F2P comes in handy in pvp worlds or FOG.

On the 'bury x' bones matter, I think it would make prayer too easy. All you'd have to do is click, sit back and wait. And if bury x bones was introduced to the game, firemakers would demand for the same thing to happen with making fires.. which would make the game a whole lot easier.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Offer X was bad for prayer imo. It slowed the rate you can train prayer down massively if it was to happen with bury X I'm betting a lot of F2P'er would be pee'd off with the slow rate (you think its slow now times it by about 1.5 and that would the the bury X rate).

Offer X and fletch X were more annoying then helpful, I could only see bury x doing the same.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

If you feel getting 99 prayer will affect your health, don't do it. It's still your responsibility. And you can still get it in a normal way by simply taking more time. As for the difference with P2P... that's simply how it's designed. P2P is payed to play, and thus gets more. Prayer is just a simple example. Your arguments can be held up for all benefits that P2P has.

But yes, F2P prayer sucks. Just like F2P in general. That's why I got P2P. I'm not paying simply because I love to give Jagex my money ;)

bury x is a good idea, along with light x, grinding takes the fun out of runescape.

On the 'bury x' bones matter, I think it would make prayer too easy. All you'd have to do is click, sit back and wait. And if bury x bones was introduced to the game, firemakers would demand for the same thing to happen with making fires.. which would make the game a whole lot easier.

As opposed to most of the other skills having -x?

It doesn't make it harder, clicking extra is not difficult unless you count pushing through the pain of a sore hand.

Repetitive clicking is not good for you, it is not fun, and should not be what the game is about.

bury x is a good idea, along with light x, grinding takes the fun out of runescape.

As opposed to most of the other skills having -x?

It doesn't make it harder, clicking extra is not difficult unless you count pushing through the pain of a sore hand.

Repetitive clicking is not good for you, it is not fun, and should not be what the game is about.

If you haven't noticed, the majority of the '-x' skills are the 'easier' skills (e.g cooking, fletching). I should say less time consuming as opposed to 'easier' though.

Repetitive clicking makes up the whole game (it's how you get around and do anything) so the game is actually about clicking things repetitively. (Sorry if I interpretted what you said incorrectly)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Since you stated that F2P is the main game and P2P is the add-on, I will reply to this by saying I already have a offer-x option and don't think I need this feature added to the game I'm playing. Seeing as F2P gets around 5-10 updates a year, I don't think it would be wise to specifically waste an update with this as it would give practically no benefits to members.

You are obviously proud of your F2P status and your near maxing out of that game. I strongly hope a feature like this is not added to the game as it would cast a shade to your dedication in getting 99 prayer the true F2P way.

As for the price of items, I don't control supply and demand, what you seem to ask for is a static market where every item has an absolute value.

I agree that revenants are way harder for F2P than P2P, this is what we get by paying a large monthly sum to Jagex.

Good luck in your F2P goals, whatever they may be.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Since you stated that F2P is the main game and P2P is the add-on, I will reply to this by saying I already have a offer-x option and don't think I need this feature added to the game I'm playing. Seeing as F2P gets around 5-10 updates a year, I don't think it would be wise to specifically waste an update with this as it would give practically no benefits to members.

You are obviously proud of your F2P status and your near maxing out of that game. I strongly hope a feature like this is not added to the game as it would cast a shade to your dedication in getting 99 prayer the true F2P way.

As for the price of items, I don't control supply and demand, what you seem to ask for is a static market where every item has an absolute value.

I agree that revenants are way harder for F2P than P2P, this is what we get by paying a large monthly sum to Jagex.

Good luck in your F2P goals, whatever they may be.

Not every update as to improve members aswell as f2p also jagex have a habit of updating more than 1 thing at a time (last week MA was released aswell as zaniks bow becoming better, among other things).

F2p may get 5-10 updates a year but what is stopping them getting 11 updates in 1 year?

Your second paragraph made me laugh, he should have only used items that were 1st released as f2p to train with? Any update that ever gets added to f2p should never be used by f2p pures other wise it will take away from the amazing achievement of 99 all f2p skills in f2p. Sorry, but no, it wouldn't.

What he is asking for a stability with maybe slight increases and decreases in prices not for them to sky rocket and plumet without a moments notice. Oh and he is also asking for "bury x".

"Large monthly sum"? Are you mad? £3.50 is far from a large monthly sum, what do you think of WoW's price per month? From what I have heard its ove 10 times as much!

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying