F2p prayer is unreasonable

Guest mauranius

Not every update as to improve members aswell as f2p also jagex have a habit of updating more than 1 thing at a time (last week MA was released aswell as zaniks bow becoming better, among other things).

Indeed, members update, what does it have to do with F2P?

F2p may get 5-10 updates a year but what is stopping them getting 11 updates in 1 year?

Nothing, except F2P is far from a priority for Jagex... and thank god for that.

Your second paragraph made me laugh, he should have only used items that were 1st released as f2p to train with? Any update that ever gets added to f2p should never be used by f2p pures other wise it will take away from the amazing achievement of 99 all f2p skills in f2p. Sorry, but no, it wouldn't.

He made a choice to never buy members, he chose to limit himself. His goal is a clear shout out at Jagex saying : I will never give you money! Why should they care to his need? What he asks is something no member would have a use for. Following Jagex methods, if they were to implement this, you can bet on it that members would get something more in addition.

What he is asking for a stability with maybe slight increases and decreases in prices not for them to sky rocket and plumet without a moments notice. Oh and he is also asking for "bury x".

Stability means either reducing the % limit on the G.E. or direct manipulation from Jagex. Bet on it that would infuriate a lot of players. I know he is asking for bury X, I just don't see what that would give members. I'm sorry if this seems self-centered, but I don't want Jagex taking time in making F2P only feature.

"Large monthly sum"? Are you mad? £3.50 is far from a large monthly sum, what do you think of WoW's price per month? From what I have heard its ove 10 times as much!

Sorry, I should have made it clearer that I was using sarcasm, my bad.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not every update as to improve members aswell as f2p also jagex have a habit of updating more than 1 thing at a time (last week MA was released aswell as zaniks bow becoming better, among other things).

Indeed, members update, what does it have to do with F2P?

F2p may get 5-10 updates a year but what is stopping them getting 11 updates in 1 year?

Nothing, except F2P is far from a priority for Jagex... and thank god for that.

Your second paragraph made me laugh, he should have only used items that were 1st released as f2p to train with? Any update that ever gets added to f2p should never be used by f2p pures other wise it will take away from the amazing achievement of 99 all f2p skills in f2p. Sorry, but no, it wouldn't.

He made a choice to never buy members, he chose to limit himself. His goal is a clear shout out at Jagex saying : I will never give you money! Why should they care to his need? What he asks is something no member would have a use for. Following Jagex methods, if they were to implement this, you can bet on it that members would get something more in addition.

What he is asking for a stability with maybe slight increases and decreases in prices not for them to sky rocket and plumet without a moments notice. Oh and he is also asking for "bury x".

Stability means either reducing the % limit on the G.E. or direct manipulation from Jagex. Bet on it that would infuriate a lot of players. I know he is asking for bury X, I just don't see what that would give members. I'm sorry if this seems self-centered, but I don't want Jagex taking time in making F2P only feature.

"Large monthly sum"? Are you mad? £3.50 is far from a large monthly sum, what do you think of WoW's price per month? From what I have heard its ove 10 times as much!

Sorry, I should have made it clearer that I was using sarcasm, my bad.

F2p should be able to get updates without members getting an update, it's plain petty to think "they got an update, I want one aswell" it just sounds childish.

F2p has to be a priority for jagex, if it wasn't then no more new members, if there is no more new members when the old one's get bored no body will replace them. They have to make it as good as possible without giving them to much and so far they have got it about right in my opinoin.

"Bury x" isn't a massive feature that members will be complaining about but it is a substantial boost to f2p.

Maybe (s)he can't convince his/her perants to let him/her be p2p. There's a thread in help and advice were a member of 7 years can't be a member any more cos they live in serbia, it might be the same in this case. There could be any number of reasons besides he just doesn't want to.

You said it yourself members probably would get something better than "bury x" so why are you bringing this up, its defeating your own argument.

Lots of things on the g.e are stable, that doesn't mean jagex froze there price. If you look at most items they usually go up a small percentage, then down a bit, then back up, maybe a clan will merchant them so there price sky rockets (which seems to be the case here), then dumps them which means the price plumets again. All he is complaining about is the clans messing the prices about or that 26king has messed the price about, he doesn't want jagex to freeze the g.e.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Firstly I want to say that I never knew you got stressed out like this outside your blog ;) lol. (I get that vibe from reading the post, and I understand why you would).

I am totally for you in the bury X arguement, smart idea and it only seems fair as it is not a update necessarily for f2p but an "addition" (I understand if you don't get me there, lol)

However I think it was wrong of you to rant about prices here, it is not Jagex fault and you can't tell people to stop buying b bones. But you may be right about the reasoning behind dropping rune ore prices, wouldn't revs make them go up though?

EDIT: nice title.

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

F2p Prayer had always been bad.

Before the 'inflation' you get 330 gp/15 exp for big bone, that is 22gp per exp. Dragon bone 2000/252 (glided altar) about 8gp per exp.

Now both are worsen. Yes, the reasonableness was there but I can see how its making your efforts are being squeezed literally. :(

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

Seriously I don't get what's the freaking big deal about giving f2p an update that would probably need Jagex to type a few lines/pages of code.

They could easily make it a "side" update, and overshadow it by a huge update that will draw members' attention.

Making a skill more convenient =/= making a skill easier.

Construction is "convenient", but is it easy? From what I hear you have to spend about 100 million gp on it to get to 99. So getting 100M gp is easy?

I don't want to break my fingers trying to get a silly skill to level 99. There's no freaking point in "honouring" the old players by not allowing new players to do something the easy way. So seriously, stop [cabbage]ting about pissing old players off or whatever.

It would just increase the price of bbones and normal bones, wouldn't it? When offer-x was released, d bones [bleep]ed up about 1k in price. How do you know something similar wouldn't happen here?

Heya people thanks for posting on this thread :)

Yeh it is true if we get a "bury X" there will be a run on on the bones, but as far as I know bbones are being merched atm, that would mean that a sudden rise will most probably result in an indefinite drop since all those people have been hogging up bbones.

I was never looking for Jagex to totally stop merching I just say there should be limits within they can merch so people normally buying the items wouldn't end up bankrupt.

It is true giving us a "bury x" is not much programming since they already have options like these implemented all over the game. So p2p-ers don't have to get mad, it's not much time or effort they will have to spend on it.

I don't know why, but now in the end I am getting a bit annoyed by facts I implemented on the first page... :wall: :lol:

I could also solve my problems by ending my own life, doesn't mean it's the only solution ;), or even the right solution

I'm all for non-members getting something useful. I remember attempting 40 prayer as a non-member - I never achieved that. It IS unreasonable. (And call me greedy, but I have a sneaking suspiscion that we members will get something nice ;) )

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

If you haven't noticed, the majority of the '-x' skills are the 'easier' skills (e.g cooking, fletching). I should say less time consuming as opposed to 'easier' though.

Repetitive clicking makes up the whole game (it's how you get around and do anything) so the game is actually about clicking things repetitively. (Sorry if I interpretted what you said incorrectly)

By less time consuming I assume you mean faster exp because it's partly automated and there is less room for being slower. A 99 is just a matter of grinding with your spare time rather than an actual achievement imo, the less painful the grinding the better I would think.

By repetitive clicking I mean grinding, I think skills should have -x because grinding is not fun for anybody. What's the point in a 99 if it was just a result of lots of hours of pushing through a sore hand?

I know skills are repetitive to train up anyway in this game, but -x improves it a notch.

If what I just said doesn't make sense it's because I had a big night and can't think too well atm.

If you haven't noticed, the majority of the '-x' skills are the 'easier' skills (e.g cooking, fletching). I should say less time consuming as opposed to 'easier' though.

Repetitive clicking makes up the whole game (it's how you get around and do anything) so the game is actually about clicking things repetitively. (Sorry if I interpretted what you said incorrectly)

By less time consuming I assume you mean faster exp because it's partly automated and there is less room for being slower. A 99 is just a matter of grinding with your spare time rather than an actual achievement imo, the less painful the grinding the better I would think.

By repetitive clicking I mean grinding, I think skills should have -x because grinding is not fun for anybody. What's the point in a 99 if it was just a result of lots of hours of pushing through a sore hand?

I know skills are repetitive to train up anyway in this game, but -x improves it a notch.

If what I just said doesn't make sense it's because I had a big night and can't think too well atm.

Exactly.

I really can't stand idiots who want people to go through the same pain as them just because they went through it. Even worse than selfishness.

Bump!!

i found the merch clan responsible for rune ore droppings; "We make GP"

That's why...damn merch clans...

yup :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: usually I don't mind mining rune, atm it's just lame :(

Same, I thought it was much more fun in the old wild.

Although a lot more risky :lol: