Onlineaion.com web layout, need C/C [VERSION4 UP] :O:O:O

Nadril

Just curious, what's the point in the silver bar on the left side?

Where the ads will be.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

mnbx0.png

Really tiny update, just messing with the links a bit after some advice from Errdoth. Still taking the rest of what you said into consideration, just didn't mess with much else this version. :)

Looks really good so far. :thumbup:

Nothing I can really complain about.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Thanks.

Hopefully I can get this done soon and the guy I'm working with can get it coded and online so you guy's can see how it works. :) It's mostly some polish issues and setting up the sizes for the other, more content heavy, pages now. Shouldn't take too much longer even though the Aion beta weekend will probably slow me down a bit.

I'll probably have it finished early next week. Would be nice to get some more comments though, even if you don't really know much about web design it would be nice to see what someone thinks from a "user" perspective. Like would you feel confused on this site or would you have an idea where to go to get to what you want and/or need?

Look pretty good.

Things you need to consider:

spacing - try add a bit more spacing (margin between text and it's container. Margin between headings and below. Needs to be consistent, top, bottom, left, right.

width: try go for a wider layout if you are having a fixed width. Perhaps consider a fluid layout if you are going to have a lot of content. Try go for either 760px or 960px wide if you're staying fixed.

Tired :wall:, sorry for typo's etc.

Look pretty good.

Things you need to consider:

spacing - try add a bit more spacing (margin between text and it's container. Margin between headings and below. Needs to be consistent, top, bottom, left, right.

width: try go for a wider layout if you are having a fixed width. Perhaps consider a fluid layout if you are going to have a lot of content. Try go for either 760px or 960px wide if you're staying fixed.

Tired :wall:, sorry for typo's etc.

Yeah the spacing will be better on the actual site, this is more of just an approx.

As far as width goes I'm keeping with the small width for the main page because it will also function as a blog. The other pages will have a larger body.

-Are you using Photoshop for this? If yes, then change your text's anti-aliasing to None (it appears to be set on Sharp, which only looks good for bigger fonts). It's to the right of the font size drop-down at the top of the screen (the aa's drop-down box). That's my biggest issue (well, the only one really) with this design.

-Other than that, you're on the right track by adding depth to the general layout. It's probably obvious, but now you need to add depth to your content box. The progress you've made is really great :thumbsup:

hiccup.png

33k3ma9.png

Just a rough content page idea. I still think something for this site is missing though, I can't pinpoint what though.

edit: I gave him the PSD to the smaller front page template for him to start coding. At this point any changes are probably going to be smaller and more artistic changes, so it's probably good for him to get the code started. I can probably make more small adjustments once I see the page in action.