Brawlers ---- Now Useless.

ThePeoplesNo0b

In light of recent pvp changes brawlers have now been rendered useless.

Don't get me wrong, the exp is still great, and there are some that are still open to the possibility of using them completely...but, more than likely, it will now be almost impossible to take advantage of the full potential of the entire life of brawling gloves.

It would seem that the only way around this system is to start a clan, and have everyone decked out in gear to take down 2-3 people who come to pk everyone else.

Full pk gear skilling anyone?

Thoughts?

BTW- Ollyc3 and I are officially starting a new clan - Skill 4 Killz. You can apply below if interested.

untitled1.png

Join "Liked" for trustworthy dicing!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=]What?[/hide]

Well... yeah never mind that. I don't pk, so... :roll:

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

What?

He said, "In light of recent pvp changes brawlers have now been rendered useless.

It will now be almost completely impossible to take advantage of the full potential of brawling gloves.

It would seem that the only way around this system is to start a clan, and have everyone decked out in gear to take down 2-3 people who come to pk everyone else.

Full pk gear skilling anyone?

Thoughts?"

I think its stupid and hopefully an oversight by Jagex, wouldn't be suprised if they implement something for saving Brawler gloves. They are a pretty uncommon drop so yeah, enough reason to do something about it. Skillers making PK clans to skill? :lol: Nice one lol

E: LOL @ Brunos sig

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Stay below 30 wilderness and you're fine, as long as you dont get tb'ed (just wear some d hide for that). Can also use them in non-wilderness zones...2x exp is better than the normal rate after all.

They arent useless at all - if you feel that way then just alch them and get your 30k cash.

My brawlers still work fine. Sure, there is a risk to using them now, but there should have been a risk to begin with. They are only acquired in PvP, only give a bonus in PvP, and the bonus is 50-400%. With experience handouts like that some risk should be involved. If you can't handle the risk, Sacred Clay items might be a better choice. :?

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I think its stupid and hopefully an oversight by Jagex, wouldn't be suprised if they implement something for saving Brawler gloves. They are a pretty uncommon drop so yeah, enough reason to do something about it. Skillers making PK clans to skill? :lol: Nice one lol

E: LOL @ Brunos sig

Hopefully..i mean they were put into the game for an added boost to attract the skillers into the realms of FIGHTING OMG SCARY.

I love my brawlers, $5 irl tbh.

untitled1.png

You can't protect them any more, so any pker run-ins = no more brawlers.

But that's the way it's meant to be. It's not meant for you to breeze through safely. It's supposed you send you into dangerous areas and make you a target.

That clan idea doesn't sound too bad, though.

Btw, everyone who uses brawlers forgets that you can get a huge xp boost anywhere in PvP, not just the wild. Sure it's not nearly as much, but it's better than dying halfway through the brawlers, right?

You can't protect them any more, so any pker run-ins = no more brawlers.

But that's the way it's meant to be. It's not meant for you to breeze through safely. It's supposed you send you into dangerous areas and make you a target.

That clan idea doesn't sound too bad, though.

Btw, everyone who uses brawlers forgets that you can get a huge xp boost anywhere in PvP, not just the wild. Sure it's not nearly as much, but it's better than dying halfway through the brawlers, right?

Technically if you die halfway through the brawlers, youd get the same exp, in half the time. :thumbsup:

untitled1.png

Gf agility, melee, range, thieving, smithing, hunter and mining, forgot some of them probably.

So if you have a brawler that you can't use around lvl 1 wildy, you are screwed.

not really true..melee will be fine, you'll just have to tank better. It is going to hinder their use...mainly to use them you'll have to prolly be equipped in full armour and have 4-8 brews on you.

I'll agree that some will become almost completely useless(agility)..good luck tanking the multi part of the wild course.

w4M8t.png

Isn't part of the danger killing people for the Brawlers?

I'm pretty annoyed, I wasted a few days cutting 1000 mages to use with my Firemaking Brawlers. -.- And I have no idea how I'm going to use my Ranged Brawlers.

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

Oh, no, we wouldn't want to incur any risk to gain the ridiculous amount of xp that can be had whilst wearing brawlers #-o . I've said this in another thread: I think that brawlers should have not been protect-able from the beginning. I'll also add what someone else said: if you want higher xp and don't want the risk, quit wining and use SC tools.

newge4.png

For the amazing XP they give, it's only fitting there would be some risk to them. It sucks though, I have about 6 pairs I've been procrastinating to use :wall:

Oh well, easy come easy go

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Everyone complaining about this is lame. You got them for as a reward for killing someone. Then again, I expect you complainers got them through the 26k trick.

So you lose them because you got killed after you used them for a while. Ooohhhh noooo. You still got fast xp regardless of whether or not you use them til they ran out. #-o

KingJD36.png

Oh no I can't use my brawlers without any risk in PvP anymore!!!

Are you guys serious? lol

The risk was the 75k or more you had to carry along with you, the constant juggling of items if you wanted to 4 item, etc etc to gain the potential for skilling.

Obviously there has always been a risk to using brawlers, except now there is literally NO way to even 1 item and save them.

To me, brawlers were worth more than me risking to gain ep, however i risked every time i used them, and would die countless times. Id still keep my brawlers 75% of the time, unless i got glitch skulled.

Its not about the risk, its about the fact that there is now a 100% risk, without any chance of keeping them. They aren't common, and made several skills such as agility and woodcutting a little more tolerable.

dont be mad but its whining

Im not whining, Im just saying that you cant keep them anymore. Its that simple.

To anyone above. Die? Im not whining, Im just saying they are practically useless now for their full potential. Learn to read.

untitled1.png

Isn't part of the danger killing people for the Brawlers?

I'm pretty annoyed, I wasted a few days cutting 1000 mages to use with my Firemaking Brawlers. -.- And I have no idea how I'm going to use my Ranged Brawlers.

full armour+4 brews and tele runes...if someone tries to rush you(which still happens, as rushing really has very little risk)...you'll be fine

and brawlers are rare...it's not about just the risk factor. The time spent getting the brawlers ussually is close to negated by the amount of xp you get from it, so in a way, they were like sc tools. btw, I do think it is over played though..you can still use them efficiently, it just is hindered a little bit(less spots because of food)

w4M8t.png