Brawlers ---- Now Useless.

ThePeoplesNo0b

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't part of the danger killing people for the Brawlers?

I'm pretty annoyed, I wasted a few days cutting 1000 mages to use with my Firemaking Brawlers. -.- And I have no idea how I'm going to use my Ranged Brawlers.

full armour+4 brews and tele runes...if someone tries to rush you(which still happens, as rushing really has very little risk)...you'll be fine

and brawlers are rare...it's not about just the risk factor. The time spent getting the brawlers ussually is close to negated by the amount of xp you get from it, so in a way, they were like sc tools. btw, I do think it is over played though..you can still use them efficiently, it just is hindered a little bit(less spots because of food)

Yeah, but the majority of the BEST places to use brawlers over over 20 wild, and several spots are in multicombat zones..Food or not, you'll get piled, if not tb'ed.

untitled1.png

Join "Liked" for trustworthy dicing!

Im just saying they are practically useless now for their full potential. Learn to read.

You're getting 4x the experience, though.

They arent useless. Like I said earlier, if you dont want to risk them as much, go to a normal zone outside the wilderness and get 2x experience. Its still going to be insane experience.

Im just saying they are practically useless now for their full potential. Learn to read.

You're getting 4x the experience, though.

They arent useless. Like I said earlier, if you dont want to risk them as much, go to a normal zone outside the wilderness and get 2x experience. Its still going to be insane experience.

60k an hour exp becomes 90k an hour. Not insane. Insane is 75k exp per hour on MAGICS, 1.4M AN HOUR IN FIREMAKING. That is insane. not a measly 50% increase for an hour of work.

Thats all im saying.

untitled1.png

cooking brawlers could be a pain to use up

Na mate these are nice to use, just use lunar spell Bake Pie in level 1. I got like 1050K xp from 1 set of gloves with Summer Pies :D

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

The risk was the 75k or more you had to carry along with you

75k is not a risk. 300k is MAYBE a risk. Considering you're making 1M an hour, I don't see how you can view 75k as a "risk."

the constant juggling of items if you wanted to 4 item, etc etc to gain the potential for skilling.

Ah, I apologize. I forgot what masterful skills were required to click "View Prayers" followed by "Protect Items."

Obviously there has always been a risk to using brawlers, except now there is literally NO way to even 1 item and save them.

Yes, that's the point. You got the brawlers easily by doing something that isn't in the spirit of the game and then you gained massive XP from them. Furthermore, it was pretty much impossible to lose your brawlers unless you were too stupid to protect your items. Now it's fair.

To me, brawlers were worth more than me risking to gain ep, however i risked every time i used them, and would die countless times. Id still keep my brawlers 75% of the time, unless i got glitch skulled.

Like I said, most people are too smart to lose their brawlers when you don't even need a skull to use them. I fail to see the risk in wearing a pair of gloves and 3 other items knowing that one prayer nullifies any chances of losing anything, especially when you can keep the prayer on the whole time when in the wild.

Its not about the risk, its about the fact that there is now a 100% risk, without any chance of keeping them. They aren't common, and made several skills such as agility and woodcutting a little more tolerable.

You sorta contradicted yourself there, but that's OK. Hey, if thousands of players managed to train to 99 agility and woodcutting without brawlers or SC tools, I'm sure you can too ;)

77yLQy8.png

The point of brawlers was to gain EP and xp at the same time, now you can't do that. This sucks, so now you can only get xp.

The point of brawlers was only to gain XP. EP was just an additional benefit, which is still possible.

Honestly, if you're risking your brawlers at the agility arena or in deep wild, then that means all the PKers who are attacking you there are also risking all their own [cabbage] by going that far from a bank. If you're really concerned about losing your brawlers, have a friend accompany you since I have a feeling most PKers are gonna be too afraid to wander too far from a bank with any super-valuable gear now. And if they do wander far with expensive gear, then they deserve to hunt you down.

77yLQy8.png

60k an hour exp becomes 90k an hour. Not insane. Insane is 75k exp per hour on MAGICS, 1.4M AN HOUR IN FIREMAKING. That is insane. not a measly 50% increase for an hour of work.

Thats all im saying.

I'll take any exp boost - compare it to regular rates and it is an insane amount, just like sacred clay is. 1.2m an hour for firemaking was just complete bs and to think you're complaining because you're going to find it harder to reach that level of exp is a complete joke :lol:

The point of brawlers was to gain EP and xp at the same time, now you can't do that. This sucks, so now you can only get xp.

The point of brawlers was only to gain XP. EP was just an additional benefit, which is still possible.

Honestly, if you're risking your brawlers at the agility arena or in deep wild, then that means all the PKers who are attacking you there are also risking all their own [cabbage] by going that far from a bank. If you're really concerned about losing your brawlers, have a friend accompany you since I have a feeling most PKers are gonna be too afraid to wander too far from a bank with any super-valuable gear now. And if they do wander far with expensive gear, then they deserve to hunt you down.

In all honesty, the majority of agility pkers did it for the annoyance, and in the hopes you ere carrying 75k cash with you.

Im sure I can get 99 in both of them without them, ironically I hate agility, the brawlers were an added goal of mine that Ive never actually attained.

Also, I gained the majority of my brawlers from skilling, not 26k'ing.

Muggi be my baby daddy? \'

untitled1.png

brawlers are far from useless, its not hard to find a remote spot in pvp worlds... the only exceptions would be agility

What about hunter? You can't risk and use them now.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

brawlers are far from useless, its not hard to find a remote spot in pvp worlds... the only exceptions would be agility

What about hunter? You can't risk and use them now.

For hunter you could just bring your normal PK'ing gear, leaving a couple spaces open for the net, rope, and lizard, and wear brawlers instead of barrows gloves

Edit: Addy gloves :P

77yLQy8.png

Essentially all of them have risk, in that you cant protect them in any situation whatsoever now. Personally I would 1-item with Brawlers if it meant I could keep them on death, I wouldnt care for the lost EP (Even though the sole purpose of them was to gain nice xp and EP). They wanted to incorperate Skilling into Pking somehow and they did that, but now they've basically taken it away again.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Essentially all of them have risk, in that you cant protect them in any situation whatsoever now. Personally I would 1-item with Brawlers if it meant I could keep them on death, I wouldnt care for the lost EP (Even though the sole purpose of them was to gain nice xp and EP). They wanted to incorperate Skilling into Pking somehow and they did that, but now they've basically taken it away again.

Have my irl baby pl0x. :o

First born?

untitled1.png

For hunter you could just bring your normal PK'ing gear, leaving a couple spaces open for the net, rope, and lizard, and wear brawlers instead of barrows gloves

It's multi, with tons of clans

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Meh - don't use them then I guess.

Not like you can use them without 67 hunter... at which point hunter's kinda useless unless you're catching chins

77yLQy8.png

Meh - don't use them then I guess.

Not like you can use them without 67 hunter... at which point hunter's kinda useless unless you're catching chins

Red herring and special plea.

So you are saying it's OKAY to have brawlers to be useless?

Your argument is based on YOU SHOULD LOSE IT BECAUSE YOU 25KED, yet forgetting regular pkers can get them, but can't use them.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

You kind of have to agree with him. Some brawlers have always been relatively useless(mainly thieving and in terms of wilderness use)..To be honest, brawlers are still not useless. You can still tele, so anything that can be done below 20 wild or in non-multi should be able to do.

Agility ones really do become a kick in the sack. You will get owned with those at the agility course. This sucks as I've had 3 of those drop and have only used 1.

kind of OT: What's even worse as this update kills the use of claws, but doesn't kill the use of pjers. I can still sit around in full bandos trying to spec out a random bystander, but those who use claws as a spec weapon, are now completely screwed. Those who use AGS are now completely screwed. And not screwed because they can't use them, but screwed because they had them, and now it's going to be worth jack [cabbage]. Ironic, actually. Everyone was "fix 26king, cuz inflation makes people lose money"...so they fix in a way that is going to cost many millions...

Also, I predict nature prices dropping. Who wants 99 magic, when the real use of a high magic level was pvp? So skillers who think "yay", you should be worried.

Again, w/e...You could go through and read most of my posts before today, and my general consensus was that if Jagex tries to fix 26king, it will probably be the wrong way, and it will have a worse effect then 26king did in the first place. I've played since 2002, and 9 times out of 10, when Jagex tries to fix something, they break something else.

w4M8t.png

Again, w/e...You could go through and read most of my posts before today, and my general consensus was that if Jagex tries to fix 26king, it will probably be the wrong way, and it will have a worse effect then 26king did in the first place. I've played since 2002, and 9 times out of 10, when Jagex tries to fix something, they break something else.

Because few Jagex mods have played the game from level 3 up to level 120+

They don't know their own game and the way the community operates. Also, Jagex has a really bad habit of trying to fix stuff that was working just fine the way it was.

td2sig.jpg

Agility ones really do become a kick in the sack. You will get owned with those at the agility course. This sucks as I've had 3 of those drop and have only used 1.

Clockwork mice, anyone? :lol:

Most are not useless in the wild and can be used in nonwild too. It may add risk but some brawlers' life span will be less than 30 minutes and that would just ruin them.

not all brawlers are useless, but the following are:

thieving

fishing

agility

(add to list if you can give a good reason why)

Can be used feasibly in the wild:

Theiving-Not many people pk rouges and you can log easily if they do come.

Firemaking-Can we used in low level wild easy to escape/tele.

Cooking-Can we used in low level wild easy to escape/tele.

Magic-Can we used in low level wild easy to escape/tele.

Fishing-Only if you use in lava maze and possinly Bandit Camp.

Prayer-Mainly used in POH on gilded altar so this is an exception.

Woodcutting-Can we used in low level wild easy to escape/tele.

Can not be used feasibly in the wild:

Agility-They were already tough to use now they will last maybe an hour before you get pk'd.

Range-Not many good spots besides lesser in the lava maze but more people pk there now.

Melee-Not many good spots besides lesser in the lava maze but more people pk there now.

Hunter-Only spot is in multi by clan wars gl there.

Smithing-MB or anvil in multi with ancient teleport. Second option can be done but it's multi and if a clan appears your toast.

Mining-Would be very hard to use without being pk'd unless you did iron in edge which is kind of a waste.

They can all be used relatively safely outside of the wild.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Right now there are very few brawlers that can be used either in low level wildy and/or close to a bank. Woodcutting, cooking, firemaking, magic, and prayer are probably still good brawlers to use because you can use them close to a safe spot, but as for the rest? Insanely risky. Agility brawlers are absolutely useless now. There were always loads of pkers in the agility course, and the fact that we can now lose agility brawlers guarenteed simply adds to pker incentive to come there. I HIGHLY doubt anyone can go more than 30 minutes training agility with those brawlers before getting pked. Mining and fishing brawlers are also quite far from safespots unless you use them in inconvenient or non-wilderness areas which drastically reduces the experience and efficiency of the brawlers. I don't think its worth using these brawlers if you can't feasibly take advantage of the full usage without having safer substitutes. I have 4 brawlers banked and now I don't think I can use any of them without either getting pked quickly or having to take a lower-experience safer method. It's a tough choice.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Also, I predict nature prices dropping. Who wants 99 magic, when the real use of a high magic level was pvp? So skillers who think "yay", you should be worried.

Actually, more people will be using magic because it's cheaper than melee to pk with, and magic is even more powerful without as many expensive melee weapons in pvp.

I don't see nature runes doing anything significant.

lalalasig2.png

Clockwork mice, anyone? :lol:

They got nerfed... they only give about 5k XP/hour now instead of the old 30k.

77yLQy8.png