Brawlers ---- Now Useless.

ThePeoplesNo0b

Agility ones really do become a kick in the sack. You will get owned with those at the agility course. This sucks as I've had 3 of those drop and have only used 1.

Clockwork mice, anyone? :lol:

They got nerfed... they only give about 5k XP/hour now instead of the old 30k.

Oh, never mind then :-#

damn their good.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For hunter you could just bring your normal PK'ing gear, leaving a couple spaces open for the net, rope, and lizard, and wear brawlers instead of barrows gloves

Edit: Addy gloves :P

It's multi, with tons of clans

Meh - don't use them then I guess.

Not like you can use them without 67 hunter... at which point hunter's kinda useless unless you're catching chins

Red herring and special plea.

So you are saying it's OKAY to have brawlers to be useless?

Your argument is based on YOU SHOULD LOSE IT BECAUSE YOU 25KED, yet forgetting regular pkers can get them, but can't use them.

No, my argument is that the wilderness is a dangerous place and for such massive XP, there deserves to be a massive risk as well. I don't care about how people got their brawlers, Toast is a good friend of mine and I know he gets a lot of his brawlers from legit PK'ing. People who 26k and then whine cuz they can't use their "hard-earned" gloves simply have even less reason to complain.

77yLQy8.png

Tbh, I thought for a minute.

Update = more or less no 26k'ing, and alot less pking. So brawlers aren't even going to be obtained much anymore either -.- (although I feel bad for people like theuberelite. I really feel bad for him...)

Idk... with what seemed like a fix just added problems, in new ways.

Want a bright side non pkers? All your high end equipment is going to be very cheap #-o

Btw, Lol at Bruno's sig. Probably the funniest one I've seen yet.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I just 76ked...made 2.5mish from 84 ep...yeah, don't see it leaving any time soon...I also saw plenty of people still standing around in lvl 1 with d spears...

w4M8t.png

Also, I predict nature prices dropping. Who wants 99 magic, when the real use of a high magic level was pvp? So skillers who think "yay", you should be worried.

Actually, more people will be using magic because it's cheaper than melee to pk with, and magic is even more powerful without as many expensive melee weapons in pvp.

I don't see nature runes doing anything significant.

So magic got an update in a very odd, and unexpected way.

Prism_Swords.png

For hunter you could just bring your normal PK'ing gear, leaving a couple spaces open for the net, rope, and lizard, and wear brawlers instead of barrows gloves

Not like you can use them without 67 hunter... at which point hunter's kinda useless unless you're catching chins

Your argument is based on YOU SHOULD LOSE IT BECAUSE YOU 25KED, yet forgetting regular pkers can get them, but can't use them.

No, my argument is that the wilderness is a dangerous place and for such massive XP, there deserves to be a massive risk as well. I don't care about how people got their brawlers, Toast is a good friend of mine and I know he gets a lot of his brawlers from legit PK'ing. People who 26k and then whine cuz they can't use their "hard-earned" gloves simply have even less reason to complain.

There's so much risk the rewards isn't even worth it now.

There is a limit to when it's worth it or not.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

There's so much risk the rewards isn't even worth it now.

There is a limit to when it's worth it or not.

*shrug* I've never owned a pair of brawlers and never cared to hunt for them. I PK for fun not for loot, so doesn't really bother me \'

77yLQy8.png

Nail on head.

You shouldnt be able to get 4x the experience in a skill you have brawlers for with ease (i.e. 1 iteming with the brawlers, dieing and returning). There needs to be an element of risk, which is apparent now with this update. Take teleports with you, food, cheap equipment to fend off any pkers etc. Dont like it? Tough.

Just my 2c.

Take teleports with you, food, cheap equipment to fend off any pkers etc. Dont like it?

We already have been, and 9/10 out of 10, you cant escape. Even, hypothetically speaking, if you have a full load of food and cheap equipment, you will get teamed by at least two mages and a melee.

You dont escape, unless you are severely lucky, or under lvl 20.

Apart from magic, firemaking, and cooking brawlers. High lvl wildy is required. And all the others that are semi low, are in multi areas.

You dont win, unless you risk.

Which is why we are talking about this in the first place.

Most of us risked, the other 30% didn't. Now, the risks truely outweigh the potential rewards, seeing as you cant keep brawlers at all.

untitled1.png

Join "Liked" for trustworthy dicing!

Take teleports with you, food, cheap equipment to fend off any pkers etc. Dont like it?

We already have been, and 9/10 out of 10, you cant escape. Even, hypothetically speaking, if you have a full load of food and cheap equipment, you will get teamed by at least two mages and a melee.

Apart from magic, firemaking, and cooking brawlers. High lvl wildy is required. And all the others that are semi low, are in multi areas.

Most of us risked, the other 30% didn't. Now, the risks truely outweigh the potential rewards, seeing as you cant keep brawlers at all.

If it's really that hard for you to use them, then just stop using them lol I've never used a pair and I've been doing just fine. . .

77yLQy8.png

Aww....too bad for the ones who had a lot of brawlers, I had one pair of hunter, wc and some charges remaining on agility, the damage is not too much on me, but on others.... :/

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Evolve and adapt.

I swear that the majority of RS players have never heard of Darwin's law of evolution. The brawlers are not useless, they just require a better set-up to counter the greater risk.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

If it's really that hard for you to use them, then just stop using them lol I've never used a pair and I've been doing just fine. . .

So it's alright for a piece of content to be underpowered and shoved away?

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

So it's alright for a piece of content to be underpowered and shoved away?

No, I'm saying if he's really having such a hard time coping with the update then he should just forget about using his brawlers.

Why do you always have such a hard time understanding the point of my posts? Everyone else seems to understand just fine. . .

77yLQy8.png

yak scroll + brawler = win

GG people without 96 summoning. And before you ask it, you have to go through an interface with imp boxes.

you just made my day and given me reason to use my 1.5k blue and 6.8k crimson charms.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Thats funny, because ive used many brawlers and only died twice out there. The only exception ill give you is hunter because of the multi-combat area, but even I found it very rare for clans to come by. 2 or 3 people yes, but they're easy to fend off. Wear black d hide and tele blocks will splash most times and then you can teleport (btw, glory lets you teleport under 30 wilderness). Its easy to use the agility course obstacles to your advantage when coming across a pk'er. Move around and log out. Besides, im pretty sure that dude with like 200 brawlers said you could use the dorg agility course for some great exp too.

Haha, thats a pretty good idea Bruno. Never thought of that =D>

yeah looks like I need 96 summoning before I can use the freakin 142 brawlers currently sitting in my bank.

:wall:

and my guide got [bleep]ed and I cba to work on it while I'm sick cause when I'm sick I don't feel like doing anything.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

GG people without 96 summoning. And before you ask it, you have to go through an interface with imp boxes.

Do those work past 20 wild? I honestly might start playing again just to port everything away when some [wagon] hole comes to pester me...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

GF, but you're wrong.

You can simply use the item on the Imp box and it will bank it. No need for interface.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

GF, but you're wrong.

You can simply use the item on the Imp box and it will bank it. No need for interface.

I see this being fixed within the week, if you can do this with brawlers you can do this with ANY item.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

GF, but you're wrong.

I see this being fixed within the week, if you can do this with brawlers you can do this with ANY item.

That is epic

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

GF, but you're wrong.

That is epic

Will this work even if your in combat and like level 55 wild? D;

I got like 70 brawlers to use, L