Brawlers ---- Now Useless.

ThePeoplesNo0b

just got from 67-69 wc in an hour doing oaks :D

i never got attacked once, save the nub 1itemer and my target

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got from 67-69 wc in an hour doing oaks :D

i never got attacked once, save the nub 1itemer and my target

Most used on cursed mage tree or farmed magic trees for great exp though. :thumbup:

wouldificould

:wall:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

When your 'chance' of losing said bonus item is 100% on death, well then, it isn't 'risk' anymore, it is certain death

Do you die 100% of the time when exiting a bank? When walking past 15 wild? I personally find it quite easy to stay alive so long as I just stay out of multi areas, wear a phoenix necky and a ring of life, and bring good food + antipoision with me. Oh, and teles :thumbsup:

Personally if you don't like taking a risk, just don't use brawlers. I'd rather get 40k twice as fast as I normally would and lose them than just letting them gather dust.

hzvjpwS.gif

Oh no I can't use my brawlers without any risk in PvP anymore!!!

Are you guys serious? lol

[Looks at your stats] Easy for you, you're 99 Magic/Range. :roll:

I personally find this to be "A spanner in the works", Its hard enough for me to get lucky to get Brawler drops but now because I dont have the funding to fend off more then one person, even with 95 Defence, It means im risking alot JUST for that 4x exp, which I oh-so desperatly would be needing later on for defence. (Have you tried to get 4-5m exp with a dragon scimmy and 81 Atk/Def?) :ohnoes:

Sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding your argument... You've got 95 defence, so you should have a better chance of survival than me when using brawlers in the wild. What do you mean using a d scimmy to train defence? Why don't you use a whip?

Btw I had 99 defence on muggiwhplar with only 80 att and str, so I can understand the tediousness of training defence. This was before we had discovered armored zombies and zombie monkeys, too.

77yLQy8.png

Eh brawlers useless?nope

Is it harder to skill?ofc

Just buy some legit gear, rol, phoeix ring some teleports

you should be good .

i lied you might be died.

But if you wear some black hide

That should fend some tb's and stuff

Eh brawlers useless?nope

Is it harder to skill?ofc

Just buy some legit gear, rol, phoeix ring some teleports

you should be good .

i lied you might be died.

But if you wear some black hide

That should fend some tb's and stuff

K, as soon as you get some agility bralwers...tell me how long you can use them before you die. Then get some fishing brawlers and tell me how long those last. Hell there is only one place to use agility brawlers in the wilderness, and part of that is multi. Try tanking that one buddy.

I understand that it's not a needed part of the game. But it sad when such a great addition to the game gets completely destroyed.

w4M8t.png

this could have already been said but this is what i think jagex should do...

Brawlers are a semi rare to get, so spending time in a new risky pvp for the chance of getting gloves is slightly riskier than b4. See now your risking items getting these gloves so should that be enough?

I think once u have the gloves you should be able to use in ANY world of the game giving the same amount of xp as they normally would. This idea will make more people use the pvp system for the gloves but still give the bonus they deserve. If this was to happen i would suggest the gloves to become an even rarer drop.

But hey this is just my suggestion.

Well I think the idea of brawlers wasn't just to reward pkers but to form a tighter connection between combat and skilling. Brawlers give pkers more players to target other than just fellow pkers and it gives regular players more incentive to join the pvp fray. The skillers risk their lives and maybe some money in order for faster skilling exp, and perhaps will decide to use their ep to get involved in pvp. It sort of forms connections between pvp and skillers that is greater than before.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Didn't todays update make them useful again? \'

YES :D

now i can use my agility brawlers without fear of losing them when i am piled (like every 5 minutes! :D)

arcane_stew.png

now i can use my agility brawlers without fear of losing them when i am piled (like every 5 minutes! :D)

Someone told me you can't go into the agility arena in BH +1 worlds, can anyone confirm this?

Qwerty1291.png

Someone told me you can't go into the agility arena in BH +1 worlds, can anyone confirm this?

You cannot. Same thing applies for Spiritual Realm (ie: Woodcutting the Magic tree).

It's to prevent you from staying out of your target's reach due to a level difference in skilling and/or quests.

In light of the recent update, the following brawlers were returned to their former glory:

- Fishing

- Hunting

- Smithing

To a lesser extent:

- Melee

- Ranged

- Mining

And still very risky:

- Agility

(- Thieving: to a lesser extent)

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

if you get attacked, unequip brawlers and use winterstorage scroll from pack yak to bank them

Because we all have 96 summoning to flaunt about. :wall:

arcane_stew.png

if you get attacked, unequip brawlers and use winterstorage scroll from pack yak to bank them

...And how many players have 96 Summoning?

Roughly only 3k players out of an odd 2 Million have 96+ Summoning. :|

Popoto.~<3

In light of the recent update, the following brawlers were returned to their former glory:

- Fishing

- Hunting

- Smithing

To a lesser extent:

- Melee

- Ranged

- Mining

And still very risky:

- Agility

Best place to use melee, range, and thieving brawlers?

awesomeaa9.png

Brawlers were an addition to normal training method, and also a semi rare reward. When they purposely made it such that you only get 4x EXP on PVP worlds instead of every single world, I thought it was already pretty clear that these gloves are meant to be used while on constant risk?

If you're so bothered by the fact that you can't use this gloves safely (even though I don't think it was meant to be this way), you can always alch your gloves, and pretend that there was never such an update at all.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

To be honest, thanks to the updates, PP is nearly always empty. I spent an hour there in a 130 population pvp world without one interuption. :thumbup:

cliffside1ra5.png

I managed to use firemaking brawlers on a nearly full +1 world yesterday, only being attacked once. Thank God for the phoenix necklace :thumbup:

I think people are over reacting about it honestly :?

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

- Fishing

- Hunting

- Smithing

To a lesser extent:

- Melee

- Ranged

- Mining

And still very risky:

- Agility

Best place to use melee, range, and thieving brawlers?

Best place for melee would be at Lesser demons with a Stealing Creation Scimitar, I'd say.

Ditto for Ranged with the Stealing creation bow (and some steel arrows or something)

Thieving is best used as Plunder, but considering PvP worlds don't have the "save one" ability, you'll have to be on your toes.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

If you're so bothered by the fact that you can't use this gloves safely (even though I don't think it was meant to be this way), you can always alch your gloves, and pretend that there was never such an update at all.

lol i like your way of thinking

Amare_nash33.png