Girls Don't Exist on Runescape

meili

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I mean the most obvious question raised here is why do you have a computer in the kitchen?

:lol: :thumbsup:

I don't really get why it matters wat gender they are your not going to meet them irl so who cares

212h0sy.jpg

Well, I mean the most obvious question raised here is why do you have a computer in the kitchen?

emot-frogout.gifemot-dogout.gif

Shut up Omali. You do worse on an hourly basis.

Eh, grow thicker e-skin. Given the age group Jagex markets to, and the fact that giving any personal details are illegal, plus the well cultivated soil of paranoia Runescape grows in, of course most players will doubt your gender. But it really isn't such a big deal- I myself don't care what gender anyone is.

Though it is embarrassing when people refer to ME as a girl due to my screen name... Ravenkana- not one of my brightest moments.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

It's so stupid, yet is true, people don't believe that girls play games, I haven't really figured out why, I mean they just stick to the idea girls are only to cook, clean and all that, it's so idiotic that a lot of people think that, don't women have right to play an online game? Yes they do. I mean I just hate it when people see women doing 'man' stuff, which is not only for male people, women can play contact games, like basketball I mean the other I saw a dude saying 'Wanna know a joke? the WNBA' It just [bleep] me off, why does he think women only can only do what they say? Women are people too, they have 100% right to do whatever they want with their lives.

And to response the saying, [bleep] or gtfo, they are just too stupid to believe that there are women playing games, they just see a game and they can't see a woman playing it, why not? They have right too!.

Or maybe they are just too lonely in their houses and wish to see a girl? Who knows...

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Almost everything looks terrible on females, either because Jagex didn't bother to bug test it as thoroughly as they did the male counterpart (resulting in various pieces clipping other pieces and showing through), because it's tiny (almost every single piece of headgear) or because it's [bleep]ty-looking.

I think armour looks better on females then males because mainly males have to bulky armour.

Ahrim's hood looked better on females since I finally got it 1 day before the graphics update. :wall: -.-

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Not dragonhides. I will concede armadyl.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

While I find it sad that people don't believe that there are actually girls online, I find it equally pathetic that girls feel the need to prove their existence. Who cares if men don't acknowledge you online, just go about your business.
Indeed. On games, your gender has NO bearing on your performance so it really doesn't matter.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Well.. with the new PvP update I don't think I'd mind being a girl character even more now.

620k's a real big difference between d legs and skirts.

nRLBLM.jpg

Well.. with the new PvP update I don't think I'd mind being a girl character even more now.

I'm a guy and I've always worn a plateskirt. I'm just so cheap that way. :roll:

As for the whole "I don't believe you're a girl" thing; that's their problem. They can choose to believe whatever they want to, but in the end it doesn't matter because it doesn't change a thing about the fact that you are actually a girl.

You shouldn't have to prove anything to the people that don't believe you. If they choose to think you're a guy well then it's their loss. It's stupid how some immature guys have to continue to pester you into admitting something your not. Some people need to lose this sexist false reality they live in where girls can only do certain things and guys can only do certain things. While the Runescape population is obviously made up of more guys than girls, it doesn't mean every female character you see ingame is a guy also.

Sure some girls may actually be guys, but who really cares. Life will go on as usual and some people just need to give up on trying to prove the age and gender of every person they see and move on. What do they gain for proving your age or gender? Absolutely nothing. If everyone could just accept people for what they say they are then maybe the game would be a little more enjoyable for everyone.

I'm a guy and I've always worn a plateskirt. I'm just so cheap that way. :roll:

That's not being cheap, that's being sensible. I used a dragon plateskirt for a very long time before I bought Bandos. Even bandos has a skirt-like bottom piece. Along with Veracs, Guthans, Karils, etc.....So why should anyone care if they are a guy wearing a skirt :wall: .

OT: It's because there are fake girls, as said before, because it is so easy to switch genders. Also because some just don't want to accept that a girl is in the environment....and others refuse to accept that a girl has better skills than them etc...lol there are a lot of top rs skillers, merchers, etc that are girls...I've never refused to accept that someone is a girl if they say it clearly and seriously. I have quite a few girls on my friends list also, one of my first friends on RS was a girl who helped me find some places when I was a noob.

Oddly, I get asked "Are you a girl?" every so often by people...(Perhaps it's my rsn)

~Dan

[Edit]:

And in response to the OP, I think I know more girls that play the game than guys. For me personally, I'll take it you're the gender of your character unless you tell me otherwise.

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

What you experience is something kids or young teenagers will do when confronted by something they are either afraid or unfamiliar with. Just don't bother with them unless you really want to have your gameplay affected by immature players.

If you experience that with every player you meet... then you must do something very wrong or be a very unlucky person.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I've got 3 IRL friends who are girls who play Runescape, but that is it.

The rest of the girls I know that use their computers are most likely either blogging or friendster-ing.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

[bleep] OR GTFO!

^Typical 4chan crap.

Female gamers has always been on the rise in RS and on the internet, they sometimes disguise themselves so testosterone induced teenagers don't bother them every 5 minutes.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

When the RS player insists that, yes, she really is a girl, the replies are entirely predicatable.

"No pic no proof."

"You're not a girl if u don't show us pics."

"Get on ventrilo."

"Webcam."

Men do not need to go on ventrilo/webcam or show their pics to everyone who asks just to prove that they exist. Why do women have to bother?

Because these people are pervs and just want to see your picture.

When I first started playing rs I got a lot more comments like that then I do now. If someone asks if I am really a girl I usually reply "no, I'm a woman". If they say they don't believe me, I tell them I don't care. Why should I care what some immature, pixilated moron on the internet thinks about me?

There are nice people on rs, you just have to weed out all of the perverts and obnoxious kids in order to find them. When someone treats you this way, just chalk it up to them being an [wagon] and move on. You don't have to prove anything to them.

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

Thanks for all the replies.

Why would girls want to make it apparent to strangers that they are female unless they are desperate attention seekers

She said she joined the IRC, meaning she joined either under her first name or her runescape name (which also could be girly). Going by what you're saying, she should join the server under "Billy" to avoid being labelled an attention seeker? :roll:

I wasn't reffering to the IRC incident in that paragraph, the quote was for my first paragraph.

And n_odie some guys think that because there are actually girls out there who are like that.

Well it is somewhat true that there are female attention seekers but then again there are also male attention seekers. :P

Yes that is the case, thanks Grib. I simply joined under my RS name and got kicked - because there are no girls on teh intarwebs.

These days I rarely get questioned about my gender on RuneScape, but I do get a lot of "You're a prepubescent boy!" or "You're using a voice changer" if people doubt my gender in other games that have voice chat. And even if they do believe I am a girl, I'm still treated as if I'm not human at all, but instead the butt end of their jokes (I hate kitchen jokes... they make me want to plot evil things if those people ever step into my kitchen...) or their outlet for their hormones. :roll:

I guess it's just the fact that the game doesn't seem "girly" or doesn't have the characteristics for girls. If we were playing Barbie games or cute fuzzy animal-related games, immediately people go "that's for girls!" But RuneScape is about adventure and whatnot, and that supposedly says "this is for guys only! Girls aren't tough enough for this stuff." #-o

Come on, the games aren't labeled for specific genders. :wall:

Eh, exactly. Forsakenmage is actually more famous than most yet she still get these lame comments. Imagine how much worse it is for your average player. :(

I lol'ed. I do actually have a sense of humor. :P

While I find it sad that people don't believe that there are actually girls online, I find it equally pathetic that girls feel the need to prove their existence. Who cares if men don't acknowledge you online, just go about your business.

RS is a social game. You play it with other people. If you play alone, you might as well not play.

I don't see the problem with girls who are irl boys if they have a simple reason that doesn't include anything too bad reasons could be like skirts because there cheaper or you just hate the male haircuts clothing because they really are terrible well to me I guess :roll: still there are worse things out there in other video games like wow loads of games. :lol: