How nerdy is Runescape

hihihi727

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, only teenagers obsessed themselves on the term "nerdy".

When your older, it starts to matter less because you really don't give a !!!CROPS CIRCLEZ!!! about what others think. People who are older and are STILL obsessed over insecurity issues are often unemployed or working at low wage occupations.

You can put the word "nerd" in anything in life. There are times I use the word for fun like when I call one of model friends a "fashion nerd" or one of my gym buddy's who's more fit than me a "fitness nerd".

So you can pretty much "nerd" anything in life. It's just a term saying your knowledgeable on something. Used mostly "negatively" apparently.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Nerd and geek are such childish immature terms.

I'm smart, I work hard for my grades, I revise hard for exams, I play computer games.

Big whoop, that only makes up like 5% of who I am as a person and even then most of it will be irrelevant post education and I'd rather be a nerd or a geek and y'know get qualifications and make something of my life than be obsessed by being "cool" and end up working in mcdonalds like permanently.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Depends how you play.

Like any game you can read into the gameplay and learn some of the maths and logic behind it to win or you can simply ignore it and do want you want.

To be good at RS requires some brains and some basic knowledge of maths otherwise you'd end up spending ages with nothing to show.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

no runescape is'nt nerdy.

nerds are smart.

runescape is geeky, geeks play video games but they dont have to be smart.

but there are different types of nerds. like computer nerds and anime nerds ect ect the list goes on forever

No such thing as nerds. Only smart people and idiots.

Thus, being a nerd is irrelevant to Runescape, thus, Runescape is not nerdy.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

[hide=Too dang scary next time put this stuff in hides!!!! It can NEVER be unseen!!!]
Hehehe WoW is more nerdy, because that is just 100% fat 40-year olds that can't get out of the computer chair. So, no its not the nerdiest thing out there, but its nerdy. Look at me \' \' \'

Nerds ftw :D

I agree that it is seen more childish then nerdy, but you'd be surprised how many older people play it. WoW is just full of pedo's though. Like for example...

chatrooms.jpg

Omg rofl love this image :D

Just so you people know, I don't really fit the nerd group. I go out often with friends, I am only high average at school, not genius (I'm REALLY lazy when it comes to schoolwork, only barely getting it done most of the time), I do spend a lot of time on Runescape but I also participate in sports, I jog, and I keep fit. So, I'm only part-nerd :P

[/hide]

MY EYES BURN!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:lol: The true face of the internet...

disturbeda.png

Honestly, only teenagers obsessed themselves on the term "nerdy".

When your older, it starts to matter less because you really don't give a !!!CROPS CIRCLEZ!!! about what others think. People who are older and are STILL obsessed over insecurity issues are often unemployed or working at low wage occupations.

You can put the word "nerd" in anything in life. There are times I use the word for fun like when I call one of model friends a "fashion nerd" or one of my gym buddy's who's more fit than me a "fitness nerd".

So you can pretty much "nerd" anything in life. It's just a term saying your knowledgeable on something. Used mostly "negatively" apparently.

Totally true, but since there are a lot of teenagers playing this game, it's not surprising to see them asking for advice on personnal insecurity issues on these boards.

The best advice I have for them: grow it out, it won't matter in a couple of years.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Yes. I would never reveal to anyone that I played Runescape. I have special set up with my computer so that people can't see my screen from an angle, and that gives me time to hit a keyboard combination and change the window if they are coming towards me or entering the room.

I always play runescape on my laptop in my back room, and usually only when my girlfriend is out. She is grateful that "you're not conrolling and you let me do whatever I want", but I just use the time to do all of these wierd little nerdy things that I like doing.

Another one that I do is when I read books, I keep the book in a shallow desk drower that I can quickly push in if someone enters the room.

i do not think that this is childish or immature, or any of the other descriptions that are being used to describe it by these selfish elitists who keep saying such things. I think that we all have things that are better kept concealed, and in my opinion, it is selfish and immature to reveal them.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

I'm not nerdy, it's just, I don't have any other passtimes, I don't have any friends (thanks to a backstab of my 2 best friends some years ago...) and I don't like sports.

So the only things I really can and like to do are visiting parks (those with roller coasters, I don't know the English word for it, in Dutch it is pretpark), going to the movies and being busy on the computer.

And as the two first can't happen that often, I'm mostly restricted to the computer.

Bit sad, but hey, it's a kind of a lifestyle. It doesn't mean I'm nerdy/geeky, but what else can I do?

Yes, I hide to others that I play RS, because otherwise, they THINK I'm nerdy/geeky.

I think I'll log in and do some pking with my combo ags/ddp++ but I don't want to risk my Dh gaining EP in hotzones with my brawlers. After I get some cash selling my artifact drops, I'll port to the GE where I'll buy up some ranarr and make some ppots, merch some third age, get some willow seeds and check my tree's health, get some branches. Ranarr are on a 180 day average rise of over 50%, according to the G.E spread, so I'll have to buy up some for sale later on or so I won't have to pay as much.

No, not nerdy at all. :ugeek:

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Yeh its nerdy, at school though everyone knows I play, even though only about 5 people in our year do as well. My nickname at school is kingbrooks whether your a 'scaper or a non 'scaper. We all joke about it so don't think Im being bullied or anything :? . It actually makes me more popular in a way...

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

YES IT IS :thumbsup:

Guess how much I care.

:geek: :ugeek:

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Yes, yes it is. But considering half of my friends play WoW, it really isn't sociallly isolating to me. I'd be a nerd anyways, Ap classes ftw :ugeek: .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Is halo nerdy? It's just a form of entertainment, maybe I don't like going outside 24/7 like some of my friends, I just enjoy playing runescape or something else more. I'd say no, it's just another game, but since it's on a computer people automatically think it's nerdy.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

TBH, Runescape isn't as nerdy as WoW or Everquest. Those games are way into fantasy. Runescape's just a random-[wagon] game with a twist of fantasy.

It's nerdy as hell, but who gives a [cabbage]? If you like it, just do it.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.