NEW! Should skillcapes become f2p items

Kingkapugen

can anyone explain to me why it's so difficult to just buy a membership?

Because even though you may have $5, doesn't mean that you can pay for rs, i.e. you need a credit/debit card or access to one or some kind of checking account. Because many kids (Thankfully) don't have these they have to ask their parents, and if they say no then that's the end of it (Though now with the cards at 7-11's, it's a lot easier).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind while you are typing up your opinion that you can not have 1 cape for f2p and 1 cape for members, if the members cape can be used in f2p cos that would mean p2p have a small advantage over f2p.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Anyway, I don't think it would be that big a deal, and I would like to at least see the capes become f2p items, so members who let their membership run out could still equip, use emote, and bank the capes.

This is the most intelligent statement I've read thus far.

Some people, myself included, have financial restrictions in their life that prevents them from having a Runescape membership year-round. I'm often spending months at a time in F2P. I don't want to pay $5 to buy a cape, then lose it when I lose my membership again.

And people that say that F2P shouldn't be allowed skill capes are just ridiculous. Try getting a 99 on a free server. It's often exponentially more difficult than on members servers. You really think that they don't deserve recognition for doing more work than you?

...someone deserves a time out until they learn to share.

At the very least, I'd like to see a change so that skill capes aren't referred to as a 'member's item' on F2P. I don't want to end up with a cape taking up a bank space because I accidentally unequipped it. And I don't really care if I have to buy a membership to buy a skill cape, I just want to be able to keep it in the event that my membership runs out.

Anyway, I don't think it would be that big a deal, and I would like to at least see the capes become f2p items, so members who let their membership run out could still equip, use emote, and bank the capes.

Some people, myself included, have financial restrictions in their life that prevents them from having a Runescape membership year-round. I'm often spending months at a time in F2P. I don't want to pay $5 to buy a cape, then lose it when I lose my membership again.

And people that say that F2P shouldn't be allowed skill capes are just ridiculous. Try getting a 99 on a free server. It's often exponentially more difficult than on members servers. You really think that they don't deserve recognition for doing more work than you?

At the very least, I'd like to see a change so that a skill cape isn't referred to as a 'member's item' on F2P. I don't want to end up with a cape taking up a bank space because I accidentally unequipped it. And I don't really care if I have to buy a membership to buy a skill cape, I just want to be able to keep it in the event that my membership runs out.

At the very least, I'd like to see a change so that skill capes aren't referred to as a 'member's item' on F2P. I don't want to end up with a cape taking up a bank space because I accidentally unequipped it. And I don't really care if I have to buy a membership to buy a skill cape, I just want to be able to keep it in the event that my membership runs out.

-Unless you're living in a country where 5 dollars is a full day's work, then i really don't see any 'financial restrictions'.

-Do you really think jagex cares about how hard you worked for a skill when you're paying nothing for it?

-Space savers are nice when going f2p, just sayin'.

-I've been f2p for months at a time and never 'accidently' unequipped my skillcape.

my 2 cents. you mad?

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

First off, :oops: at the double post. Don't know why that happened.

-Unless you're living in a country where 5 dollars is a full day's work, then i really don't see any 'financial restrictions'.

I'll do my best to explain this to you. My father is unemployed, and my mother works for minimum wage to support a family of four. Being at 17 years of age, I've had no chance to purchase a car for transportation to a job, as the nearest place to work is at least 15 miles away. I've had no money with which to purchase insurance, therefore, I cannot get a drivers license to drive a car even if I had one. It's really a catch-22.

...I think 'financial restrictions' is a much simpler way to explain the situation... so we'll leave it at that.

-Do you really think jagex cares about how hard you worked for a skill when you're paying nothing for it?

As long as I'm forced to see their ads above my Runescape window, they're profiting off of my participation in their game. Therefore, I expect them to care.

-Space savers are nice when going f2p, just sayin'.

Unless I misunderstood this, it seems to further my point.

-I've been f2p for months at a time and never 'accidently' unequipped my skillcape.

I'm assuming that you've never died, also. Things happen. If I happen to lag out while training combat, and die, it seems to me that I won't be able to reequip my cape afterwards. This would anger me.

my 2 cents. you mad?

No. I'm not. But I do enjoy the occasional verbal fisticuffs. Especially when I've been woodcutting for a while.

::'

people have things to pay for in their life, they might not be able to justify paying it out every month for an internet game. on topic, i think that if you have 1 from p2p you should bve able to equip and emote on f2p, but the stats get lowered and only purchasable on p2p

baileydafrog.png

My only thing with F2P is the sense of entitlement they feel they deserve. The fact is you DON'T pay, and those ads bring in revenue to pay for the servers you play on, and some profit. By being a member, we pay for the BULK of the costs of updating the game. Its exactly why there are ads here on tip.it. Because there isn't a "premium" user that we can pay for, we're all stuck staring at those ads, but we don't have to pay a dime and we keep the site.

However, the admins may pay for the site, but I'm sure the ads bring in quite a bit.

top_lel_face.png

Srsly, i think this needs to be moved. It turned more into a debate whether skillcapes should be kept P2P or moved to F2P.

OT: No skillcapes are not going to F2P. [/topic]

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

You guys still are stuck on the idea that, if there are f2p skillcapes all the f2p skills skillcape NPC's have to be moved into F2p. if they make skills capes F2p shouldn't move any Npc's or anything like that. f2p should only limited to the skillcapes that have NPC's in the current f2p world.*wcing,rcing,smith,cook,etc* but not magic,firemaking, and all of those others i can't remeber right now.

They would only have to move the NPCs in a F2P world. So for members there's no need to change anything.

freeskillcapes.jpg

freeskillcapes2.jpg

[404] Signature not found.

Srsly, i think this needs to be moved. It turned more into a debate whether skillcapes should be kept P2P or moved to F2P.

1) It already is in the debate club. (not this thread obviously)

2) Look at BiJay's post.

perfetc_666.png

unlikely that they will, and honestly, they shouldnt. im not normall the type to say "they dont pay, they dont get things" but i honestly dont like the idea

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Because .....?

statistically there the second best cape (3rd best if you include the trimmed capes), the emote is hardley used and the +1 to the skill isn't that helpful.

The only other thing is to show off which carries ALOT more wight if you are f2p so the only good reason I can come up with why no body would want them to become f2p is because they don't want them showing off.

The "you should pay for it" argument is daft aswell, you earn the cape by spending time training like you earn a promotion at work by being a good little worker but when you get a promotion your boss doesn't say to you "ok, you have earned a promotion but you have to pay me every month so you can get promoted".

JAGEX arn't into RWT so I doubt they want people to get membership for 1 month just to buy a cape. I am sure people don't want to pay £3.50 for a few pixels.

It is an obby cape with a few minor perks and looks different, thats it. Memebers will still have a huge amount of content on top of what f2p can get, so whats the problem?

perfetc_666.png

That thread is whether they are advantageous or not, this is about them being moved from P2P to F2P

2) Look at BiJay's post.

That says nothing, just some J-mods saying "Ya F2P should get capes", they didn't say they were going to be giving it to them any time soon

Thats why this doesn't Belong in H&A any more as the OP's question has been answered. Skillcapes are not going to be F2P any time soon.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

That thread is whether they are advantageous or not, this is about them being moved from P2P to F2P

2) Look at BiJay's post.

That says nothing, just some J-mods saying "Ya F2P should get capes", they didn't say they were going to be giving it to them any time soon

Thats why this doesn't Belong in H&A any more as the OP's question has been answered. Skillcapes are not going to be F2P any time soon.

viewtopic.php?f=143&t=644569

Sorry, say that again? :roll:

Ok, 2 mods say they should, no mods have said they shouldn't, I would say it is a high chance it is going to happen.

perfetc_666.png

Then this thread should be locked. Question has been answered. If they change it will happen. Until then skillcapes are P2P, and thats it. Any thing else should be directed to that topic.

And those were post back in April and May. If MMG was going to make skillcapes F2P, wouldn't you think he could have done it by now?

GWD:

Then this thread should be locked. Question has been answered. If they change it will happen. Until then skillcapes are P2P, and thats it. Any thing else should be directed to that topic.

And those were post back in April and May. If MMG was going to make skillcapes F2P, wouldn't you think he could have done it by now?

I don't work at jagex so I don't know.

perfetc_666.png

1. Skillcapes are becoming f2p

2. Don't lock it I want to no when skillcapes become f2p cause I might not be playin rs at the time

1. Ok, believe what you want. But if they haven't become so by now, who knows when if at all.

2. I'm pretty sure they will tell everyone that they have moved skillcapes to F2P, so no need to keep it open.

If they want people to know they have a 99 in a skill, they can go around and QC spam their skill level.

GWD:

That guy might got fired for this. There are people willing to buy a month membership just for their skill cape (or even become p2p since then). Making them f2p just mean less potential members for [bleep]ex.

look at it from a business perspective, if the skill capes go f2p then jagex will lose customers and make less money

why is everyone always parading around this line these days. if someone gets say 99 rune crafting only in a f2p world do you think that maby, just maby, the reason why they never got a membership is because they can't?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

That guy might got fired for this. There are people willing to buy a month membership just for their skill cape (or even become p2p since then). Making them f2p just mean less potential members for [bleep]ex.

look at it from a business perspective, if the skill capes go f2p then jagex will lose customers and make less money

why is everyone always parading around this line these days. if someone gets say 99 rune crafting only in a f2p world do you think that maby, just maby, the reason why they never got a membership is because they can't?

Then they don't deserve to get a Cape of Achievement because it's members only.

Then they don't deserve to get a Cape of Achievement because it's members only.

i believe hellhounds and duel arena were once members as well are you up in arms over the loss of those?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

i believe hellhounds and duel arena were once members as well are you up in arms over the loss of those?

Last time i checked hellhounds sucked and people hated them and barley anyone used dueling arena yet skill capes are an item and most people would go to members for a month just to get.