Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Love it or Leave it

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

nerdboyxxx
[ Display Name History ]

nerdboyxxx

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:SkillerEgo
  • RSN '07:SkillerEgo

(Not speaking directly to the OP, just the people who complain in general)

People tell you that because it seems like a lot of people can't be happy with anything Jagex does. It doesn't matter if it helps or hinders the game, you still find every little thing wrong and complain about it. Jagex has been working with PvP for the past year, and I agree that the year of updates has basically been a year of updating PvP every week, which doesn't affect me. I can see where people are complaining that it is taking seven months for them to come out with a PvP system that works, and I can see where people are complaining because they aren't doing anything besides working on PvP. People simply tell you to leave because a lot of ranters complain about everything and then expect someone not to tell them to stop playing if it is so bad? You complained that the game is going to hell, and I know you probably have a decent character and that's why you don't want to quit but if you PKers and everyone else complaining would quit complaining about every tiny thing Jagex does wrong there wouldn't be so many people to tell you to quit. Jagex is busting their [wagon] to make a perfect PVP and have been busting their [wagon] to make this game accessible to everyone. And because making the game accessible to everyone severely hinders your progress in game (apparently) and makes you complain because "WAH! The noobies get it easier", you complain.

I'm sorry but people who continue to complain over every little thing Jagex does wrong need to learn to accept what is going on around them. Adapting to change is an integral part of life, and this is no different. Just because it isn't like it used to be doesn't mean we have to all complain because it's changing. What did you expect seven years ago, that the game would stay the way it was, that it would never have any rocky points in it's life where the game designer was having a hard time fixing problems. The game is changing so that is accessible to new players and old and it is trying to create a PvP system because PKers wouldn't quit whining over not having the wilderness.

And because Jagex is actually throwing Pkers a bone and giving them what they want, PKers have to complain again and again. "It's not like old wildy!" "OMG! This is noob PKing!"! Why is it that every little thing Jagex does to appease you people you can't appreciate. There could be no wild and the PKers could all be sulking some more because it's not there. Jagex is nice enough to do this for you and you can't be happy with it. Jagex continue to fail. They failed when they took away the wild, and they fail because they give you a wild? Take your pick, do you want it or not? It may not be the old wild, but it's still a place to PK.

That's why I personally think people say for complainers to quit playing, because Jagex is sucking up to PKers and it still is not enough. Because every update sucks, because Jagex are idiots, because the game is not like it used to be and is changing.

I'll even say it right here, if you think Jagex is dragging the game to hell, if you think PKing sucks and will never be happy with what you get, if you think every update they do is terrible and is ruining the game, leave. No ones stopping you. You complain because people tell you to leave because you complain that you hate the game.

There, that's why I think people should quit and why I say it.

:shock: that was a mouthful :P

I agree with what you said, especially the point on those pkers who complain about EVERYTHING Jagex throws at them to get them to just shutup about the old Wildy. The Wildy style of pking is dead, live with it. It's not coming back. And if it did, they'd still complain about how they can't pk 100% because of RTW -.-

disturbeda.png

Jehosaphat
[ Display Name History ]

Jehosaphat

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,927 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Theros
  • RSN2:New Fatscape
The reason I say either adapt or leave: simply because, if you don't adapt, you're gonna get left in the dust.

Ever heard of how evolution works? It's like this: (WARNING! Long, technical sceintific explanation ahead...)

One or two members of a species somehow get a genetic change, whether it be due to radiation exposure, failing to correctly copy DNA when cells replicate, etc. This genetic change allows them to be more likely to survive in case of attack (i.e. being able to run faster.) So while all the other members of the species are slowly dying off as the new species with the genetic mutation emerges, eventually the old species is extinct or only alive because some guy wanted to see it in a zoo. (Long technical scientific explanation over.)

Likewise, if someone is continually complaining about something that happened five years ago, or something that won't change no matter how much they complain, then eventually they're going to have so many people who got over it and moved on pestering them to go away and leave them in peace that eventually they're either going to leave or they're going to stay because Jagex wanted to still see them around (like the PKers.)

So, in conclusion, one complaint or rant doesn't truly hurt, and I apologize if my past actions denoted otherwise. But if the same person keeps going on about the same thing, telling them the truth - that all they're doing is being a pain in the neck, and that if they dislike it that much, they'd be better off leaving - will usually get the situation over with faster. Because would you rather have a warning telling you that people are gonna hate you soon, or no warning and a flame war?
Posted Image

Me_Hate_Libs
[ Display Name History ]

Me_Hate_Libs

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,545 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
This rant wasn't about bashing Jagex or Runescape. Just the pople on this forumm. I don't complain about every update. I mean, who doesn't like Runescape cards at a 7-Eleven right?

And I didn't complain about the PVP update because it didn't affect me really. I complained about the people complaining about the update.

I'm very in touch with my inner curmudgeon and updates, or lack there of as it relates to stuff to do on the game, have been very flawed.

I don't expect a WGS every quest, but I expect a quest taking longer than a half hour to complete.

Anyway, point of my topic. It's a flat and baseless argument to make. It is also not an issue of people adapting to the game. Any criticism, whether good or bad, is met with people telling them they have no right to complain because they can't make a better game.

I can't build a car, but if I pay for one, I expect it to get me where I need to go.
This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Bauke
[ Display Name History ]

Bauke

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • RSN:Quitter
  • Clan:True Maxed
Some people will just complain about everything. The only solution for those people is to leave the game. Also, some people continue to rant about something that is not going to change. Once again, the only solution is to leave the game. Sure, Jagex' decisions can be argued, but sometimes you just need to remember that they're in control, and the only way to actually have an effect is to quit giving them your money.

Jehosaphat
[ Display Name History ]

Jehosaphat

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,927 posts

I can't build a car, but if I pay for one, I expect it to get me where I need to go.

Continuing the analogy, if that car doesn't get you where you need to go, then wouldn't you want to sell that car and get a new one that does what you want?
Posted Image

Me_Hate_Libs
[ Display Name History ]

Me_Hate_Libs

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,545 posts

Continuing the analogy, if that car doesn't get you where you need to go, then wouldn't you want to sell that car and get a new one that does what you want?

Yes, but if you've payed for it, and invested your time and energy into it, you wouldn't want to junk it as soon as doesn't operate how you want it. You'd do your damnedest to try and fix it.

I also don't like the direction that the game is taking, not one bit. Been that way since MMG took over. Now that all the buzz over him has died down, it's obvious that things are lacking. Maybe I can't put my finger on it, but this game is certainly lacking something it didn't use to. It's this direction is why I'm semi-retired. I let my membership lapse for 2 months, and as a non-pvper, boy did I choose a good 2 months to take a break.

Then I got it back for a month because I knew a quest would be out. Then I got the 28 minute Curse of Arrav. JaGEx done got me again! :x

Jehosaphat
[ Display Name History ]

Jehosaphat

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,927 posts

Yes, but if you've payed for it, and invested your time and energy into it, you wouldn't want to junk it as soon as doesn't operate how you want it. You'd do your damnedest to try and fix it.

Yes, but if you can't fix it, you would get it junked and/or sold, correct?
Posted Image

The_Gabe
[ Display Name History ]

The_Gabe

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,503 posts
  • RSN '07:The_Gabe555

Mobilizing armies.

Cough, 350mill lost.

Im wondering how someone with your skills even HAS 350M...

He wasn't the one to lose 350m :roll:
Posted Image

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Jehosaphat
[ Display Name History ]

Jehosaphat

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,927 posts

Mobilizing armies.

Cough, 350mill lost.

Im wondering how someone with your skills even HAS 350M...

He wasn't the one to lose 350m :roll:

Somebody already said that.

Stupid shift key is acting up again...
Posted Image

Me_Hate_Libs
[ Display Name History ]

Me_Hate_Libs

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,545 posts

Yes, but if you can't fix it, you would get it junked and/or sold, correct?

Yes, if it wasn't eventually fixed and I got tired of looking at it, I'd abandon it.

I'm really just trying to outlast this upgrade year.

The game does feel a bit like a scrap heap sitting on my front lawn.

perfetc
[ Display Name History ]

perfetc

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 918 posts

^^^YOUR JUST A JAGEX FANBOY! NOOB! -.- -.- -.-

Pot .... kettle .... black ......

Omali's post was like yours, just more of a ramble.

Personaly I have never ranted about the game, it's not cos I think the game is perfect but because it is pointless.

There is 241,830 posts in 16,805 threads, it is a needle in a hey stack, there will be the noobs who make a thread to say "jagex fail" to the threads that say "bring old wildy back" and amongst all them will be 1 well thought out rant that will be skipped over by a mod for a thread titled "I Hate RuneScape!" (genuine thread! QFC: 129-130-139-59248675).

The people who are in the "jagex fail" club are annoying and should be shown the "you should quit then" card, although they do make me laugh cos there doing something they hate for hours and hours on end while complaining about it.
Posted Image

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

Posted Image That joke just went right over your head, didn't it?
Posted Image

Posted Image

perfetc
[ Display Name History ]

perfetc

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 918 posts

Obviously not! :anxious:
Posted Image

RayOxide
[ Display Name History ]

RayOxide

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,530 posts
  • RSN:Ray Skiller
  • Clan:Kinda back I guess.

tbh it's just a game.

inb4 i have to defend my statement

inb4you probably wont even read this.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=803533
I dont need a siggy no moar.

quelmotz
[ Display Name History ]

quelmotz

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,659 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Quelmotz
  • RSN2:Nil

Anyway, point of my topic. It's a flat and baseless argument to make.

I strongly disagree.

There are a lot of evidence backing up the "evolve or die" or "adapt or leave" or what have you argument. I'll leave you to read up on evolution if you want.

It is not flat and baseless, just repeated hundreds of thousands of times. Things don't get repeated millions of times if they are pointless, unless they are part of a trend, like FML, etc. The point is if you really hate, detest, loathe, despise, (insert a whole chunk of synonyms for "hate" here) Jagex, then why spoil everyone's time and mood by complaining about something that can never be reverted? This doesn't apply to all arguments, but it is highly appropriate for the "Anti-RWT updates ruined RS" threads.

Harakiri
[ Display Name History ]

Harakiri

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,883 posts

I don't know what was funnier, Omali's drunk duck or perfetc's :anxious: :lol:
Posted Image

perfetc
[ Display Name History ]

perfetc

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 918 posts

I don't know what was funnier, Omali's drunk duck or perfetc's :anxious: :lol:

*takes a bow* thank you, I try.
Posted Image

un4given
[ Display Name History ]

un4given

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 381 posts

tbh it's just a game.

inb4 i have to defend my statement

inb4you probably wont even read this.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=803533

A game is a means of playing out ones fantasy or being able to quench their thirst for competition or seek out social interaction.

i dunno about the 'playing out ones fantasy' part but i do enjoy competition and some interaction

I say this to remind everyone of this due to a large amount of reports that have been recived lately from people who seem to confuse Games with Real Life, thus forgetting that getting worked up over such things is not necessary.

Yes, 'worked up over such things is not necessary', much like many of these threads. I understand being dissapointed with certain aspects or updates, but i don't lose sleep over them. I just keep on keeping on.

inb4 'u dunno wut itz liek loosing 250milll'
Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

TheDayRsDied
[ Display Name History ]

TheDayRsDied

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 257 posts
Yes, there a number of posters on here who just can't come up with a good argument, so they have to resort to the "Love it or Leave it" argument.

As far as i'm concerned, people aren't going to be enthralled with every Jagex update, and if you can't make a decent aregument against someone who doesn't like a given update, then you just need to step aside.
Posted Image
Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer
Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

perfetc
[ Display Name History ]

perfetc

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 918 posts
I think it is better aimed at the serial complainers, who constantly post rants about every small detail and update.

Still think it is funny how they still play a game they think that little of. :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users