Love it or Leave it

Me_Hate_Libs

I can't build a car, but if I pay for one, I expect it to get me where I need to go.

Continuing the analogy, if that car doesn't get you where you need to go, then wouldn't you want to sell that car and get a new one that does what you want?

Yes, but if you've payed for it, and invested your time and energy into it, you wouldn't want to junk it as soon as doesn't operate how you want it. You'd do your damnedest to try and fix it.

I also don't like the direction that the game is taking, not one bit. Been that way since MMG took over. Now that all the buzz over him has died down, it's obvious that things are lacking. Maybe I can't put my finger on it, but this game is certainly lacking something it didn't use to. It's this direction is why I'm semi-retired. I let my membership lapse for 2 months, and as a non-pvper, boy did I choose a good 2 months to take a break.

Then I got it back for a month because I knew a quest would be out. Then I got the 28 minute Curse of Arrav. JaGEx done got me again! :x

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I can't build a car, but if I pay for one, I expect it to get me where I need to go.

Continuing the analogy, if that car doesn't get you where you need to go, then wouldn't you want to sell that car and get a new one that does what you want?

Yes, but if you've payed for it, and invested your time and energy into it, you wouldn't want to junk it as soon as doesn't operate how you want it. You'd do your damnedest to try and fix it.

Yes, but if you can't fix it, you would get it junked and/or sold, correct?

a70c7.png

Mobilizing armies.

Cough, 350mill lost.

Im wondering how someone with your skills even HAS 350M...

He wasn't the one to lose 350m :roll:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Mobilizing armies.

Cough, 350mill lost.

Im wondering how someone with your skills even HAS 350M...

He wasn't the one to lose 350m :roll:

Somebody already said that.

Stupid shift key is acting up again...

a70c7.png

Yes, but if you can't fix it, you would get it junked and/or sold, correct?

Yes, if it wasn't eventually fixed and I got tired of looking at it, I'd abandon it.

I'm really just trying to outlast this upgrade year.

The game does feel a bit like a scrap heap sitting on my front lawn.

^^^YOUR JUST A JAGEX FANBOY! NOOB! -.- -.- -.-

Pot .... kettle .... black ......

Omali's post was like yours, just more of a ramble.

Personaly I have never ranted about the game, it's not cos I think the game is perfect but because it is pointless.

There is 241,830 posts in 16,805 threads, it is a needle in a hey stack, there will be the noobs who make a thread to say "jagex fail" to the threads that say "bring old wildy back" and amongst all them will be 1 well thought out rant that will be skipped over by a mod for a thread titled "I Hate RuneScape!" (genuine thread! QFC: 129-130-139-59248675).

The people who are in the "jagex fail" club are annoying and should be shown the "you should quit then" card, although they do make me laugh cos there doing something they hate for hours and hours on end while complaining about it.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

classic_fillmore.gif That joke just went right over your head, didn't it?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Obviously not! :anxious:

perfetc_666.png

Anyway, point of my topic. It's a flat and baseless argument to make.

I strongly disagree.

There are a lot of evidence backing up the "evolve or die" or "adapt or leave" or what have you argument. I'll leave you to read up on evolution if you want.

It is not flat and baseless, just repeated hundreds of thousands of times. Things don't get repeated millions of times if they are pointless, unless they are part of a trend, like FML, etc. The point is if you really hate, detest, loathe, despise, (insert a whole chunk of synonyms for "hate" here) Jagex, then why spoil everyone's time and mood by complaining about something that can never be reverted? This doesn't apply to all arguments, but it is highly appropriate for the "Anti-RWT updates ruined RS" threads.

I don't know what was funnier, Omali's drunk duck or perfetc's :anxious: :lol:

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I don't know what was funnier, Omali's drunk duck or perfetc's :anxious: :lol:

*takes a bow* thank you, I try.

perfetc_666.png

tbh it's just a game.

inb4 i have to defend my statement

inb4you probably wont even read this.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=803533

A game is a means of playing out ones fantasy or being able to quench their thirst for competition or seek out social interaction.

i dunno about the 'playing out ones fantasy' part but i do enjoy competition and some interaction

I say this to remind everyone of this due to a large amount of reports that have been recived lately from people who seem to confuse Games with Real Life, thus forgetting that getting worked up over such things is not necessary.

Yes, 'worked up over such things is not necessary', much like many of these threads. I understand being dissapointed with certain aspects or updates, but i don't lose sleep over them. I just keep on keeping on.

inb4 'u dunno wut itz liek loosing 250milll'

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Yes, there a number of posters on here who just can't come up with a good argument, so they have to resort to the "Love it or Leave it" argument.

As far as i'm concerned, people aren't going to be enthralled with every Jagex update, and if you can't make a decent aregument against someone who doesn't like a given update, then you just need to step aside.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

I think it is better aimed at the serial complainers, who constantly post rants about every small detail and update.

Still think it is funny how they still play a game they think that little of. :lol:

perfetc_666.png

I think it is better aimed at the serial complainers, who constantly post rants about every small detail and update.

Still think it is funny how they still play a game they think that little of. :lol:

Perhaps they are complaing about the fact that the update IS nothing but a small detail.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Jagex could accidentally stumble across the cure for cancer, and you'd still have the chronic whiners complaining, and probably some accusing them of real world trading "omg dey expect us to bye dis?"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Sure, people will complian because their updates won't be giving them the instant gratification they so desire.

But my point was, and still is, because of those people, when someone comes along with a legitimate complaint, they are treated like an [wagon], and told to leave the game.