Upcoming Runescape Movie?

123neopet

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rs is not a very serious game, filled with jokes, and over 50% of Runescape is allusions.

So a serious movie made form a not so serious game would not work, and a movie filled with RS style humor would be equally bad or worse.

Watching that Lego RS vid made me feel old.

Prism_Swords.png

They will produce it on a budget of ~100k, get Uwe Boll as a director, and make a movie so horrendous that everyone will move on to Mechscape when it comes out :lol: .

Really though, not in a million years.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Full movie of random guys grinding to 99 Fm? :thumbup:

*hangs head in shame*

Runescape: Escape the Grind

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

If they do i quit. End of.

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

Well since everyone seems to be so opposed to the idea, it suddenly makes me want it so, YES PLZ!! :thumbsup:

If they did make a movie, it should capture the aspects of the community more than the quests and storylines. It would be way too boring if it was nothing but dwarves and goblins bickering... But if it had scenes of millions of people following Zezima around asking for autographs and such, that would be pretty funny.

It's certainly an idea, though considering the reputation of Runescape in most secondary/high schools, it'd be highly scrutinized.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

If it was not made for a younger audience, a Runescape based movie could be pretty awesome.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I think that they should because other webs have advertisments, Suchs as, NeoPets they got a TV AD. And WoW iv'e seen those too. So they shoudl to get more ppl into the game ::' ;)

I dont consider it that bad.

As long as they don't advertise to little kids...

Yeah, get some gorey bitten off heads in the ad, that should scare them away. :thumbup:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I think that they should because other webs have advertisments, Suchs as, NeoPets they got a TV AD. And WoW iv'e seen those too. So they shoudl to get more ppl into the game ::' ;)

Yeah, get some gorey bitten off heads in the ad, that should scare them away. :thumbup:

From the people who brought you:

Saw I-IV

Hostel

Child's Play

Friday The 13th

and

Powerpuff Girls

Presents: Runescape: The Falador Massacre.

Rated R for Gore, Alcohol use, Nudity, Violence, Language, and the use of Muppets.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

From the people who brought you:

Saw I-IV

Hostel

Child's Play

Friday The 13th

and

Powerpuff Girls

Presents: Runescape: The Falador Massacre.

Rated R for Gore, Alcohol use, Nudity, Violence, Language, and the use of Muppets.

Nude Muppets?

priest_wiz.png

god can you imagine :wall: any weapon or storyline that appeared in a movie would be demanded on the game for years to come

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Under absolute ideal conditions, a movie could be made that wouldn't suck. It'll never be amazing though. If a script is written, I imagine it'll suffer the same deserved fate as the Halo movie. Honestly, if they make a movie, it'll suck so bad you'll never want to play Runescape again.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Don't be so negative guys, I could see a Runescape movie, but only if they didn't release it under the name of "Runescape: The Movie". They could use a use a quest series (such as the underground pass series). It could be like all those Hasbro movies coming out this summer, Hasbro get lots of money and the movie just uses a more famous title to launch they're movie, like G.I Joe, that movie could have been "ACTION EXTREME OH MY GOD!!!" But instead they use the title "G.I Joe to gain publicity.

Oh and Christopher Lee has to play the evil person, I think thats like a law in England.

Rejected.jpg

Don't be so negative guys, I could see a Runescape movie, but only if they didn't release it under the name of "Runescape: The Movie". They could use a use a quest series (such as the underground pass series). It could be like all those Hasbro movies coming out this summer, Hasbro get lots of money and the movie just uses a more famous title to launch they're movie, like G.I Joe, that movie could have been "ACTION EXTREME OH MY GOD!!!" But instead they use the title "G.I Joe to gain publicity.

Oh and Christopher Lee has to play the evil person, I think thats like a law in England.

But franchises like G.I. Joe, Transformers, and others I can't think of, have had long histories of being successful TV shows and, occasionally, movies. Runescape doesn't.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

If there was, I would NOT like to be seen by all the cool/bullying kids walking into the theatre alone to see the movie. If this movie comes out, jagex might have lawsuits up their [wagon] from kids who got beaten up for entering the Runescape theatre. Although thinking of that is a rather funny prospect...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

But franchises like G.I. Joe, Transformers, and others I can't think of, have had long histories of being successful TV shows and, occasionally, movies. Runescape doesn't.

I think you forgot to mention how much franchise movies suck. Transformers was cool (any movie with bigarse robots blowing eachother up is awesome) but just because it looks pretty doesn't make it good. There IS a difference between "cool" and "good". I loved transformers, but it sucked. I have no doubt that GI Joe will be any different. You can slap a brand name on anything, put some cool 'splosions and just add water. BAM instant blockbuster. But movies like that, although cool, are never really that good.

They'll make money, and we'll be feeding the fire.

I still don't ever want to see Runescape become anything away from the internet. Perhaps an internet flash movie is in order (but would it really be any different from the cinnimatics ingame?)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn