F2P Boss Monster - Elvarg | 30+ supporters! | NEW! Support siggy's!

nerdboyxxx

The armour and boss looks reasonable, but the quest should be changed as you either need far less items during the quest, or if you are allowed to bank before they fight the bosses, as the items take up around 13 slots if you don't drop anything (Journal, sticks( I counted this as 1), tinderbox, backpack, hammer, knife, rope, two coal, iron, vice, pickaxe and crossbow), leaving the player with 15 slots

The boss do too much damage for freeplay, as the best healing you can heal in one turn is 14 with a swordfish, they could easily be outdamaged by elvarg, with a max of 27, and even if they do defeat her, they have to fight another boss straight afterwards, who uses magic attacks that hit up to 30, and as they will most likely be wearing rune, this is extremely dangerous.

I would suggest you tone down the damage, and possibly the style aswell for the second boss, and allow players to withdraw some food before they fight the bosses.

I'll add the bank option. The quest is meant to be hard, it ensures that only high-levelled f2p players can complete it. If you range elvarg while the knights kill him in the quest, then you'll be able to defeat her in about 2-5 minutes. The mage, while wearing Green D'Hide, is probably the hardest but will rarely hit 30. He will hit about 5-10. I will note that down in the quest though.

I'll make it so you can choose a special crossbow, which is destroyed once you leave the island to use against elvarg. It will be the equivalent of a mith crossbow, not sure what to call it though. Just allows rangers to complete the quest also, seeing as the magician will just destroy melee.

Thank you for the suggestions :thumbsup:

disturbeda.png

I don't play RS anymore, due to not wanting to pay for every month, and the F2P world being not enough, if this was implemented I would seriously consider playing again, I support this. It would also show players what boss hunting is like, as nothing in F2P ever compared to boss hunting. Nerd, you should keep coming up these good ideas. :thumbup:

In an unrelated note I am now following you on Twitter.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I like this idea, mainly because I'm f2p at the moment and feel like boss hunting.

I support.

Thanks very much ::'

Great idea. Jagex has been talking about adding more stuff to f2p and I hope that they add something like this.

Thanks for the support :thumbsup:

Bump in disguise? ::'

:P it goes by many guises, bump been one of them ;)

I don't play RS anymore, due to not wanting to pay for every month, and the F2P world being not enough, if this was implemented I would seriously consider playing again, I support this. It would also show players what boss hunting is like, as nothing in F2P ever compared to boss hunting. Nerd, you should keep coming up these good ideas. :thumbup:

In an unrelated note I am now following you on Twitter.

Thanks for the support ::' I haven't been updating my twitter a lot (I keep forgetting #-o) but I'll start updating again soon.

I have had other ideas, I might end up posting them, but I might just keep it to this one for the moment :)

disturbeda.png

I think this is a great idea. I guess if you are still looking for suggestions here is mine.

If a player dies fighting Risgad instead of being teleported to Lumbridge the player is taken to Port Sarim with full health with the messenger and Sir Issdhat.

Player: What happened?

Messenger: You were nearly defeat by the hands of Risgad. But Sir Issdhat saved you.

Player Option:

#1. Oh thank you Sir Issdhat. I owe you my life.

#2. How?! I thought you couldnt pass the barrier.

Option 1 dialogue:

Sir Issdhat: My life you do not owe. But the people, you must save them. Do you wish to try again?

Player Option:

A. But of course

B. Oh no, not yet. I dont think Im stronger enough

Option A dialogue:

[hide=]Player: But of course. No one makes a fool of [insert name here]

Messenger: Even if your name does a good job of that?

Player: WHAT?!

Messenger: Oh, um, NOTHING! Quickly, gather your belongings so we can go.

Screen shows showing all the items Sir Issdhat saved for you. You pick what you now know you need and everything else will be placed in the bank, granted you have enough space. Otherwise he will keep it for later. You will also be asked if you like to access your bank. Then you teleport back and the fight starts.[/hide]

Option B:

[hide=]Player: Oh no, not yet. I dont think Im stronger enough.

Sir I: Oh dont be a fool! Otherwise, we would not have called on you to help us!

Messenger: Please take a moment to think about it. We NEED you.

At this point you can talk to them again to go back and fight, or leave and do everything else but fish in Karamja. You have to finish the quest. But you can go off and train. When you return and talk to them if you decide to go back Sir I will be generous and supply you with food to fill whatever spaces is in your inventory if you ask.[/hide]

Option 2 dialogue:

Player: How?! I thought you couldnt pass the barrier.

Sir I: Risgad has a bad case of monologues. When he defeated you he went on and on about how feeble you were to him and how powerful he was. Little did he know he lost his concentration and dropped his barrier.

Messenger: Sir Issdhat ran in and saved you as you were on your last leg. He was also able to recover MOST your items.

A screen shows an item you may have lost. This uses JAVAs random function to pick what you lost. For example, you may have and says lost 5 swordfish because Risgad was hungry, or lost one rune warhammer because Risgad likes to collect things. Chances are you wont lose a weapon. But repeated death result in higher cost. For example, if you died over 3 or 4 times you have much more of a chance to lose weapons and armor.

After that it shows player options.

Player Option:

A. But of course

B. Oh no, not yet. I dont think Im stronger enough

[hide=]If you pick A then you would follow the dialogue above and Sir Issdhat will ask you if you need food or potions. If yes you pick what you need and he will supply either 5 lobsters OR 2 strength potions saying that is all he has. You can not receive both. If you lose a weapon but decide to go back to fight Sir Issdhat will offer to let you use an addy scimmy, a magic staff of the rune of your choice, or 2k of steel arrows. But it must be returned (Risgad will drop the number of arrows you borrowed from Sir Issdhat when defeated). If this item(s) is lost to Risgad you can still borrow another one but must pay 2k for it. The price increase by 1k for each time it is lost. Also, Risgad will be more likely to take it the second time around. each time you die it will show what you lost and the second player options above.[/hide]

Thats my take on it. Otherwise I fully support this! I would love to see a F2P boss.

EDIT: While I love just about every drop here it seems like a lot. however, there are drops I think you should keep and others you don't need. When I get a chance to i'm going to see what I can filter throught ( I almost don't wanna) if that's okay with you.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I couldnt stop thinking about this so I made a few changes to the drop list. You could totally ignore this or whatever you like. Most boss or special monsters have fewer than or equal to 50 drops. So I tried to keep it under 50 and put the best and worse drops possible for a high level player. Tell me what you think.

(m)= members only

100% Drops

Gold (100-1,000)

Big Bones (4) (unnoted)

Elvarg's Hide (3) (unnoted) (see Draconic Armour below)

Elvarg's Head (100% drop*)

*If you don't have a head or "Draconic Helm" (see below), the chance of Elvarg dropping her head is 100%. If you DO have a head or "Draconic Helm", the chance is 0%.

Weapons and Armour

* I took out most rune stuff because I think few people would fight this boss for a rune sword. You get a chance to buy green dhide so only one drop show be enough (dont be greedy ^_^). And I left only one mith item because this is geared for higher level players so I dont think a player would want to run out for all mith Also I was unsure about the scimmy since two monsters already drop this.

Dragon Spear(m) (1/470 chance, unnoted)

Dragon Dagger P++(m) (1/430 chance, unnoted)

Rune Platelegs/Skirt (1/810 chance, unnoted)

Rune Scimitar (1/400 chance, unnoted)

Rune Chainbody (1/550 chance, unnoted)

Rune Hatchet (1/280 chance, unnoted)

Rune PlateBody (1/900 chance, unnoted)

Green d'hide body (1/160 chance, unnoted)

Adamant Platebody (1/350 chance, unnoted)

Adamant Longsword (1/170 chance, unnoted)

Adamant Platelegs (1/290 chance, unnoted)

Mithril 2h Sword (1/90 chance, unnoted)

Staff of Air (1/50 chance, unnoted)

Staff of Fire (1/50 chance, unnoted)

Staff of Earth (1/50 chance, unnoted)

Staff of Water (1/50 chance, unnoted)

Maple Longbow (1/75 chance, unnoted)

Runes/Arrows

*Once again, this is geared for higher level players. At least, the arrows should be iron, but not as low as bronze. Same for the air and fire. Besides that you can get fire rune for the lesser demons without even killing them.

Mithril Arrows (40-350) (1/80 chance)

Adamant Arrows (10-200) (1/95 chance)

Iron Arrows (25-450) (1/60 chance)

Chaos Rune (10-70) (1/45 chance)

Death Rune (5-50) (1/50 chance)

Law Rune (3-40) (1/45 chance)

Blood Rune(m) (5-30) (1/65 chance)

Uncut Gems

Ruby (1-5) (1/130 chance, noted)

Diamond (1-3) (1/150 chance, noted)

Charms (members only)

Crimson Charm (2) (1/30 chance)

Blue Charm (2) (1/50 chance)

Seeds (members only)

Ranarr Seed (1/210 chance)

Poison Ivy Seed (1/110 chance)

Snapdragon Seed (1/280 chance)

Potatoe seed (1/10 chance)

Wildblood Seed (1/40 chance)

Spirit Weed Seed (1/50 chance)

Kwuarm Seed (1/90 chance)

Herbs (members only)

Various herbs, chance depends on rarity. Only drops one type at a time, anywhere between 1-5 unnoted herbs.

Other Drops

*What player wouldnt use an anti-dragon shiel if she hits less with the breath. Does it really have to be a drop.

Swordfish (5-85) (1/30 chance, noted)

Lobster (10-105) (1/30 chance, noted)

Tuna (15-120) (1/35 chance, noted)

Runite Ore (1-3) (1/350 chance, noted)

Adamant Ore (3-12) (1/280 chance, noted)

Mithril Ore (4-50) (1/230 chance, noted)

Iron Ore (10-80) (1/90 chance, noted)

Coal (10-60) (1/170 chance, noted)

Soft Clay (15-100) (1/50 chance, noted)

Level 3 Clue Scroll(m) (1/610 chance)

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Hehe, used to be my favourite weapon as f2p. Now I upgraded to D scim, but rune scim is still ftw ::'

After about 3 weeks of promising, finally finished the melee armour set for draconic armour. Everyone, feel free to bash, critic, and rip it apart piece-by-piece and tell me how horribly wrong I am. First armour stats ever written up :P

disturbeda.png

giving armour a strength boost =/= good idea :|

There's a problem in that? It is meant to be good. I've minimised all the other bonuses quite a bit. If you can suggest anything else please do, like lowering the strength bonus, but then I'll have to bump up some of the other bonuses because they were lowered specifically for it. I still haven't finished it anyway, more updates to come (it degrades within about 1 hour, 1/2 hour on pvp worlds/bh worlds).

disturbeda.png

There's a problem in that? It is meant to be good. I've minimised all the other bonuses quite a bit. If you can suggest anything else please do, like lowering the strength bonus, but then I'll have to bump up some of the other bonuses because they were lowered specifically for it. I still haven't finished it anyway, more updates to come (it degrades within about 1 hour, 1/2 hour on pvp worlds/bh worlds).

Solely for melee combat alone there are 17 pieces of different armor that provide no more then 6 strength bonuses. 8 of them are regular pieces of armor that does not degrade. 5 of them are degradable armor on PvP worlds. 4 of them are won playing FOG that degrade over time but can be recharged and still keep some bonus. When checking my rune berserker shield it has a strength bonus of 2. Fully charged it is 4.

For F2P this means they have 4 pieces of armor that has strength bonus, while members have 12. Plus I am sure there is at least one item in magic and range combat armor that gives a strength bonus.

It may not be so bad if this degrading set gives bonuses. It will just mean that there are 4 non PvP armor set that give strength bonuses. And remember, this is a F2P boss and P2P boss. So whatever F2P gets, so does members. Besides, members probably wont be going all out for this set unless it ties them over until they receive something better.

EDIT: I just read how the armor is treated. I guess my question is no can you still use the set without repair. Also, the armor, head, and hide can not be traded, but t would be reasonable to me if it the hides were was since dragonhides are (althought memeber are the only ones who can craft it).

29386_s.gif

Solely for melee combat alone there are 17 pieces of different armor that provide no more then 6 strength bonuses. 8 of them are regular pieces of armor that does not degrade. 5 of them are degradable armor on PvP worlds. 4 of them are won playing FOG that degrade over time but can be recharged and still keep some bonus. When checking my rune berserker shield it has a strength bonus of 2. Fully charged it is 4.

For F2P this means they have 4 pieces of armor that has strength bonus, while members have 12. Plus I am sure there is at least one item in magic and range combat armor that gives a strength bonus.

It may not be so bad if this degrading set gives bonuses. It will just mean that there are 4 non PvP armor set that give strength bonuses. And remember, this is a F2P boss and P2P boss. So whatever F2P gets, so does members. Besides, members probably wont be going all out for this set unless it ties them over until they receive something better.

EDIT: I just read how the armor is treated. I guess my question is no can you still use the set without repair. Also, the armor, head, and hide can not be traded, but t would be reasonable to me if it the hides were was since dragonhides are (althought memeber are the only ones who can craft it).

Hmmm, I could make the dragonhide tradeable, but the armour set is meant to be rare, thats why it has such a good strength bonus. And the fact that the entire set lasts from 1/2-1 hour (or 15 minutes-30 minutes if wearing them separately) kind of balances it out. I can lower the strength bonuses recieved by a slight margin, but then I'll have to beef up the armour in other areas to make it worthwhile :)

disturbeda.png

Hmmm, I could make the dragonhide tradeable, but the armour set is meant to be rare, thats why it has such a good strength bonus. And the fact that the entire set lasts from 1/2-1 hour (or 15 minutes-30 minutes if wearing them separately) kind of balances it out. I can lower the strength bonuses recieved by a slight margin, but then I'll have to beef up the armour in other areas to make it worthwhile :)

The strength bonuses are fine to me. And since they are "rare" I guess the hides don't have to be tradable.

29386_s.gif