F2P Boss Monster - Elvarg | 30+ supporters! | NEW! Support siggy's!

nerdboyxxx

I'm not sure making the hides tradeable is a good idea. They would quickly become overpriced as people try and buy their way into a set of Draconic armor. I originally envisioned the armor as a symbol of accomplishment, kind of like how you have to kill Elvarg to earn the right wear Rune plate. If the hides were tradeable, then anyone with enough cash could just buy the armor.

I'm also not sure it should degrade. Although, maybe I'm not reading that part correctly. Do you mean that it will degrade like the gloves or berserker shield from FoG (ie: the stats go down but you can still wear it)? Or do you mean that it degrades like the corrupt dragon items (ie: crumbles to dust and is gone)? I think that degrading stats would be okay, but I'm definitely opposed to the armor crumbling and disappearing.

A bit of clarification if you please. ::'

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm not sure making the hides tradeable is a good idea. They would quickly become overpriced as people try and buy their way into a set of Draconic armor. I originally envisioned the armor as a symbol of accomplishment, kind of like how you have to kill Elvarg to earn the right wear Rune plate. If the hides were tradeable, then anyone with enough cash could just buy the armor.

I'm also not sure it should degrade. Although, maybe I'm not reading that part correctly. Do you mean that it will degrade like the gloves or berserker shield from FoG (ie: the stats go down but you can still wear it)? Or do you mean that it degrades like the corrupt dragon items (ie: crumbles to dust and is gone)? I think that degrading stats would be okay, but I'm definitely opposed to the armor crumbling and disappearing.

A bit of clarification if you please. ::'

After thinking it over, hides will remain untradeable ::'

When it degrades, it will work like FoG (the stats are reduced by a certain amount but it still remains equipped). I'm thinking it degrades to around mithril stats and loses all its strength bonuses. Sorry, I'm still working on that section, as well as mage and range armour, there stats once fully degraded, etc etc etc :P kinda busy also.

disturbeda.png

I'm a little confused about the drop rate. When convered to decimals they don't more than 5%.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

supported

dv-1.png

tbh we(tpr) sucked, failed pull and failed performannce and I almost dc every 3 secs thats why I had to snipe then when I tanked I went out of bounds sorry. Sorry about the masssniping too we were so crap that in the end no one was calling and everyone was making their own thing.

I'm a little confused about the drop rate. When convered to decimals they don't more than 5%.

Hmmm, well I'm happy with the ratio's. That is 5% chance out of all the drops I believe? I'd convert them all to decimals but I prefer ratio's. I'll change them if that turns out to be too hard to get :P

And thanks for the support guys :thumbsup:

disturbeda.png

Tough I will never be able to kill a monster like that I SUPPORT :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

Only I'm a litle scared off the quest. I don't think jagex is planning to release a new F2P quest any soon. -.- :-#

But it all Looks überneat :ohnoes: ::'

realy looks good.

Keep it up :thumbup:

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

I support, although at combat 52, I still haven't finished this quest... (haven't even gotten the map pieces nor killed Melzar)

I was wondering if I could do some concept art for the armor? nerdboy, if you have some plans and you want to PM me that's great, otherwise I'll work off of Elvarg and the stats/descriptions.

Tough I will never be able to kill a monster like that I SUPPORT :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

Only I'm a litle scared off the quest. I don't think jagex is planning to release a new F2P quest any soon. -.- :-#

But it all Looks überneat :ohnoes: ::'

realy looks good.

Keep it up :thumbup:

Yeah, I'm worrying about it as well :ohnoes: they'll just have to reject or accept my idea ::' thanks for the support!

I support, although at combat 52, I still haven't finished this quest... (haven't even gotten the map pieces nor killed Melzar)

I was wondering if I could do some concept art for the armor? nerdboy, if you have some plans and you want to PM me that's great, otherwise I'll work off of Elvarg and the stats/descriptions.

That'd be great dude :thumbsup: thansk for the support as well ::'

I am going to write up some stats for the range armour soon, I'll post it a bit later today.

disturbeda.png

This is starting to look like a real boss. Even the armour makes it look like it. A full rune set or 200k PLUS 100k and 42 dead Elvarg hides for armour. If this ever comes to life I'll be broke in no time.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

This is starting to look like a real boss. Even the armour makes it look like it. A full rune set or 200k PLUS 100k and 42 dead Elvarg hides for armour. If this ever comes to life I'll be broke in no time.

Hey, noone said it would be that easy. I'm going to add the option of repairing it with additional hides, and because they stack you can collect quite a few per trip with other nice drops. You're guaranteed at least 200K an hour off this boss anyway. I've made sure it is pretty balanced. If you notice anything really bad that should be changed please let me know :)

disturbeda.png

I dont really like the idea of the armour personally.... the newer armour would be jacked up in price by merch clans and rich, costume seeking members to ridiculous prices that even your high level f2p players wouldn't be able to afford without some serious no life work.

I know they are currently pvp only but free players can use em and they degrade so.... why not have this boss monster drop corrupt dragon items?

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

I dont really like the idea of the armour personally.... the newer armour would be jacked up in price by merch clans and rich, costume seeking members to ridiculous prices that even your high level f2p players wouldn't be able to afford without some serious no life work.

I know they are currently pvp only but free players can use em and they degrade so.... why not have this boss monster drop corrupt dragon items?

The armour is non-tradeable, please read more carefully next time -.- and corrupt dragon items are pvp only, and they should stay that way.

disturbeda.png

Hey, noone said it would be that easy. I'm going to add the option of repairing it with additional hides, and because they stack you can collect quite a few per trip with other nice drops. You're guaranteed at least 200K an hour off this boss anyway. I've made sure it is pretty balanced. If you notice anything really bad that should be changed please let me know :)

I still need to find a full time RuneScape job if this comes out. -.-

29386_s.gif

And I'll definitely be training my combat skills once again.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The armour is non-tradeable, please read more carefully next time -.- and corrupt dragon items are pvp only, and they should stay that way.

Sorry cant read

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

Boss hunting? \'

Good to hear :D

Sorry cant read

No problems, I do it all the time :?

disturbeda.png

Boss hunting? \'

Yeah. Or if I reach my goals in time, amour making to go boss hunting. We have low, low prices at Polarbearblu's Amour Depot! :lol:

Well in that case meet me in duel arena. You can beat up on me. And I'll just heal myself with lobsters. Great hitpoint exp that way! :thumbsup:

29386_s.gif

Boss hunting? \'

Yeah. Or if I reach my goals in time, amour making to go boss hunting. We have low, low prices at Polarbearblu's Amour Depot! :lol:

Well in that case meet me in duel arena. You can beat up on me. And I'll just heal myself with lobsters. Great hitpoint exp that way! :thumbsup:

:lol:

I'll start work on the mage armour stats, will post them up next weekend. Hawkxs is doing an excellent job with the visuals as well, big thanks to him for taking the time to work on the armour :thumbsup:

disturbeda.png

Love the idea and you have "almost" thought through everything.

One problem though, how will F2P recharge pray since Elvargs max hit with range is 22? Because you will have to pray against one of the attacks.

P2P this seems a bit easy but it is a "crap" reward for P2P high levels. Still seems like fun.

Overall I love the idea and since im P2P i would love to see a F2P boss.

(Can use my newly bought guthans on the lessers to heal one i've killed i guess \' )

Just another Pwnage Runescape player

Melee player

Love the idea and you have "almost" thought through everything.

One problem though, how will F2P recharge pray since Elvargs max hit with range is 22? Because you will have to pray against one of the attacks.

P2P this seems a bit easy but it is a "crap" reward for P2P high levels. Still seems like fun.

Overall I love the idea and since im P2P i would love to see a F2P boss.

(Can use my newly bought guthans on the lessers to heal one i've killed i guess \' )

It is primarily for f2p, p2p can benefit a bit but in all honesty, I wouldn't bother killig this in p2p unless you are in it for things like quick cash or you are in the 90's level range.

I have tried to come up with a reasonable method of recharging prayer. I might add an altar in there but I don't want it to become campable in f2p.

Thanks for the feeback :)

disturbeda.png