New Poll: Private Chat

Cowman_133

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that people who aren't 130+ or 80+ in a f2p world who have their private to friends or off are stuck up.

Yep - and that's why I keep mine off. I wouldn't even imagine talking to 95% of the people who play RS. They're idiotic teenagers.Or idiotic adults. If I saw the average RSer walking down the street, I'd never give him the time of day. My friends list has 5 people on it, 3 of whom are RL friends. I consider it my actual FRIENDS list, not a list of random people who IM me out of the blue. When I do turn my chat to 'on' and mysterious unknown people send me IM's, I simply ignore them. If they have something more important to say than 'Hi' I might answer but usually not.

And I'm not LazLazor anymore. I have a new character who's identity is permanently hidden from public knowledge.

And I'm sure some of you would say - oh but you're missing out on the fun of playing RS as a MMORPG! And I completely disagree. Since the advent of the GE, RS works fine as solo play.

I personally think that people who aren't 130+ or 80+ in a f2p world who have their private to friends or off are stuck up.

Yep - and that's why I keep mine off. I wouldn't even imagine talking to 95% of the people who play RS. They're idiotic teenagers.Or idiotic adults. If I saw the average RSer walking down the street, I'd never give him the time of day. My friends list has 5 people on it, 3 of whom are RL friends. I consider it my actual FRIENDS list, not a list of random people who IM me out of the blue. When I do turn my chat to 'on' and mysterious unknown people send me IM's, I simply ignore them. If they have something more important to say than 'Hi' I might answer but usually not.

And I'm not LazLazor anymore. I have a new character who's identity is permanently hidden from public knowledge.

And I'm sure some of you would say - oh but you're missing out on the fun of playing RS as a MMORPG! And I completely disagree. Since the advent of the GE, RS works fine as solo play.

Point Proven. (Though there are a lot of idiots in Runescape)

snipers_end.png

I agree. Until a couple months ago my friends list consisted of my brother's 2 accounts and my partner's account. Now it consists of my brother, my partner, 2 friends and one troll who I find so amusing that I talk to regularly to see what lies they're making up today :D

I do reply to pms but I do rip on people who just send "hi" for no reason. I don't mind helping out newbies if they ask something. People who ask you your wc/fishing/whatever level, compliment you on it and then say "add me" annoy me no end. This isn't myspace, and it's not a popularity contest. If we don't have a lot in common, if we won't talk regularly you have no place on my friends list.

Friends. I almost never have it set to on.

I consider it an automatic idiot filter, though no offense is meant to the coherent and decent people out there I haven't met yet.

Blue_Raivyn.png

Since I have the rank of operator in my clan, my private chat is always on "on", so that members can chat with me and ask questions. But my ignore list does what he is made for to me, so don't start spamming me now :P.

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

If I'm doing something really stressful or where clicking alot is important(soloing bosses/blackjacking for example) I switch to OFF, however I normally set private to ON and am almost never bothered by people, lest the occasional question. I see very little people 'needing' to keep private to friends to escape 'noobs', except for those at the top of the high scores.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png