PvP is alot less safe then you could imagine (DDOS'ing)

n00bfiterpk6

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do the tip.it admins think it's necessary to protect the identity of scammers?

Probably for the same reasons that people think that lethal injection is an inhumane punishment for murderers and rapists. :?

td2sig.jpg

Well i posted this night before going to bed.. nice to see such a response :D ive tried to answer the posts which stood out so yea.. here it is :D

The guy who killed you was at 100% ep, I want to know what the drop was.

Id like to know too :S hope he got my prossy and it [bleep]ed that scums ep

this is why you dont remove or set modes you dont even know if some random stranger asks it,

would feel sorry for you if you didnt pj/rush

yea i should have known better than changing modes i wasnt sure about.. ive been using irc for quite a while and had never experienced this "problem" they were having.. had no idea it would show my full ip though :S

It's your own fault for using other applications that can cause you to lag, I'd laugh if they brought back trade-spamming, that was amazing lol.

It wasnt the irc it self which cuased the lag it was something else

1. someone you DIDN'T KNOW asked you to join an irc, that is a little bit dodgy by itself

2. You're a pjer, thus should expect to be killed and targeted by any real pker with half a braincell. If you want to fight for real, which you probably can't, i'm happy yo volunteer. If you're going to pj, do it properly like bruno.

3. You die a lot, can't say this surprises anyone here. Lrn2pk/pj.

4. Letting them see your full ip address? wow, honestly. There's a reason that certain people on this forum have PRIVELEGES to be able to see people's ip addresses. Showing your full I.P to someone you don't even know? incredible

I'll quote your post because you have summed up quite a few views of people here who are thinking 'lol clawer died'

1: Yes he was stupid to join their irc channel etc... But the fact is this ddos'ing attacks should not be allowed to continue on.... And that was what was asked to be discussed.

2: Have you actually watched any of his pk'ing videos ? They are all very good quality , Only when he has claws does he die.....But anyway he is a good pker , so stop trying to flame him for not , when you actually dont know him. He also was pj'ing in the normal way with no errors ... But got killed in an unfair way by some script kiddys.

3. He can pk so stop flaming him over something that isnt what the topic is about.

4. Yeh i agree he was stupid xD.

Anyway to sum it up ... Stop flaming him for pj'ing and actually contribute to the discussion point what was asked.

I personally have never been ddos'ed yet i dont pk ;). The only way i know of preventing it is to hide your ip but with programs such as irc gaining access to it , it can be difficult.

Next time n00b just stay on your BNC ;)

What calzo said.. I love u btw babe :D

In my defence i wasnt pjing, just rushing, i like to think theres a difference :P and yea, If you want to fight for real, which you probably can't, i'm happy yo volunteer. ill happily dm you anywhere, anytime.

Play Darkfall's PvP then tell me Runescape's isn't safe. 100% unrestricted PVP means you can get ganked anywhere, by anyone, and nowhere is safe (except for big cities have more guards). And there's 100% full looting, so anything you have on you becomes a nice reward for your ganker.

Last time i checked this forum is about runescape..

You really should stay out of Pvp dude.

Let the pros do it.

Lold \:D/

I suppose the question of the day would be...

Why did you go to their IRC in the first place?!

There's been a ton of reports and what-not about being DDoSed lately, and it usually happens to PKers with high gear. Never, ever let them have access to your IP address.

If they were on a more reputable IRC network like Tip.it or SwiftIRC, you could have quickly escalated the problem to a IRCOP, who'd have handled it nicely.

I suppose this is what Jagex means about the dangers of 3rd party stuff...just don't do it if you want to remain safe. :wall:

Well ive been using irc for a while now, and with my BNC and all i should have been completly safe.. if i hadnt fallen for there [cabbage] and didnt change modes i would have been fine

People who DDoS others on a game to kill them are such epically [bleep] pathetic [roosters]. There aren't words to describe how much I loathe these scumbags. It's a whole new level of cheating, one that is much worse than the "Mu" bug. I hope all people who DDoS over RS eventually get busted by the law and end up becoming somebody's boy toy in jail.

couldnt agree more

You deserved it. Rushing is absolutely pathetic. It doesn't even take as much skill as DDOS'ing, which is also pathetic. Perhaps now you've learned your lesson: trust no one.

tbh successful rushing actually does take abit of skill.. to be able to find a fully armed pker and kill them in 2 hits, without them being able to do anything is actually harder then hitting a person with a whip a few times.. I can "honour" pk and normally do, was just giving rushing a go.. is quite fun tbh.

Why did you give the IP....Didn't you have any idea of what they could have possibly done?. Hope you learned your lesson :S.

In my own opinion, this is a noob way to 'PK', if you can even call it that

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Why did you give the IP....Didn't you have any idea of what they could have possibly done?. Hope you learned your lesson :S.

i didnt know i was giving them my ip, i thought i was still safe :S but yea ive leanrt my lesson :D

in my opinion this doesnt count as pking

j6ub8h.png

then your an idiot and you "opinion" is invalid. there is no "opinion" on what does and doesnt count, there is simply pking and different ways to do it, and everyone has a style they prefer. its people like you, trying to brainwash people into thinking that your way is the only way to do something, that make us all look bad. please, try to use some common sence in the future

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

#downed

#dropped

#connectionlost

#oldwildyback

4 of the chans i know that were used for DDOS'ing when they done RS worlds. Allways on my BNC when i checked them out. My advice to anyone is stay outta irc if you dont have a BNC or your asking to be DDOS'd

sorry bout your loss N00bfiter

Also people get ip easily on irc , /whois command works wonders. Remember that you can all set mode +p aswell to save being channel stalked

X_kaylin_X.png

then your an idiot and you "opinion" is invalid. there is no "opinion" on what does and doesnt count, there is simply pking and different ways to do it, and everyone has a style they prefer. its people like you, trying to brainwash people into thinking that your way is the only way to do something, that make us all look bad. please, try to use some common sence in the future

:wall:

2j3qh46.jpg

I'm pretty sure that this thread was 'bout ppl who have been ddos'd and methods to prevent it. Not about attacking pj'ers and rushers in general.

That said, a good way to prevent ddos is to setup a firewall with ingress and egress filtering.

Cheers

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

It may seem like the posters here are pretty sour, which can be explained by 3 things.

1. You were rushing. No one likes rushers. Even people who don't pk dislike rushers because there is a good chance that they're friends that do pk don't like them.

2. You were negligent. You didn't assume any risks, and ended up becoming victim of a scam.

3. Plays into 2, but pvp isn't more dangerous with this added scam. It's like when people lured merchanters into wild. Most people would realize what was happening, and move on. The wild is still just as safe/dangerous, however being on un-trusted IRC's is in fact dangerous.

Sorry for your loss, but I agree that rushers really are pathetic. I don't care if it's more efficient then 1v1 pking. If you use claws as a spec weapon, then it's cool. But standing in high bonus gear with protect melee on, waiting for an innocent victim is a joke.

w4M8t.png

Most people can't switch weapons well, like me. I tried using my d claws in 2 fights, I switched too slowly and allowed my opponent to eat twice. It's why I prefer the AGS over the D claws, as D claws are only useful for pjing and killing targs in a no armor fight. Why do you see so many d claw pjers? It's because most people suck at switching.

You ought to know better than to use 3rd party crap or take things you don't want to loose across the ditch.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Well, One point, Karma for Dragon claw rushing, anyhow to the posed question, I've been Ddos twice, One was kinda my own fault, one was something just lame.

First one, I went onto a friend's account and did jad for him, account got hacked and he hadn't logged on it since i did, so the hacker wanted to ddos my friend, instead dosing me.

Second time was pking with a friend, using his own Teamspeak server, From what i know you can see people's IPs via the server, guess he wanted backstab me, and ta-da.

Limewire54reasonsforlovesignature.png

Avatar and Signature made by myself :P

sounds like to me that according to you, u weredoin fine soloing. so why on earth would u team with randoms u dont even know. i would never trust anyone on the game to team and pk with that i didnt know for awhile on the game. it was a dumb choice on ur part and i hope u learned from it

What is a BNC?

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

Even if we forget the fact that A) you were rushing and B) it was your own fault this happened to you, it still doesn't explain why you were risking that much unless you were willing to lose it before you crossed into wildy.

i dont think anyone enters the wild wanting to lose there items.. but i was aware of the danger and all.. if i had died due to something stupid like pray running out or soemthing (like my other 2 claws) then i would just laugh.. but when people have to be this pathetic its kinda sad

You guy's realize that it is possible for anyone who can post here to get your ip when you view their siggy? Would just take some more effort, but you'd be none the wiser as to who did it.

vipersig.jpg

True but there is no way of really telling who the user is. Sending someone a link to a page or an image would be enough however. Whereas IRC is alot more accurate.

Anyway its a DOS not DDos, pretty sure its just constant pinging of the rs port which could easily be done from one source.

Simple way around it is BNC or reset your IP before pking and don't visit any IRC while doing so..

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!