Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PvP is alot less safe then you could imagine (DDOS'ing)

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Nero
[ Display Name History ]

Nero

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,283 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Excuse my ignorance, but what does 'DDOS'ing' stand for? In other words, what is it? #-o

Distributed Denial of Service Attack

One common method of attack involves saturating the target (victim) machine with external communications requests, such that it cannot respond to legitimate traffic, or responds so slowly as to be rendered effectively unavailable. In general terms, DoS attacks are implemented by either forcing the targeted computer(s) to reset, or consuming its resources so that it can no longer provide its intended service or obstructing the communication media between the intended users and the victim so that they can no longer communicate adequately.

http://en.wikipedia....-service_attack

Though I very highly doubt that someone who had access to a botnet would use it for something as pedestrian as cheating people out of their pixels on RS.

nerdboyxxx
[ Display Name History ]

nerdboyxxx

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:SkillerEgo
  • RSN '07:SkillerEgo
I'll never join an IRC chat in my life lol.

Thank god I never pk ;)

disturbeda.png

Nero
[ Display Name History ]

Nero

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,283 posts

I'll never join an IRC chat in my life lol.

Thank god I never pk ;)

You're missing out

LegsOSkill
[ Display Name History ]

LegsOSkill

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • RSN:Legs O Skill
  • Clan:I RC Alone.
Thank god I'm a skiller and never ever plan to set foot into the Wilderness on any world unless it's to mine Runite Ore.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click the pictures for my Blog

The Government Can!

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.

Thank god I'm a skiller and never ever plan to set foot into the Wilderness on any world unless it's to mine Runite Ore.

Even then, you could just use a locator to get there safely, but you'd still have to do deal with revenants. I assume you're a level 3 skiller, which means that the revenant could one-hit you (which would really suck if you had quite a few rune ores in your inventory).
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

BlueLancer
[ Display Name History ]

BlueLancer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,114 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

why do the tip.it admins think it's necessary to protect the identity of scammers?

Probably for the same reasons that people think that lethal injection is an inhumane punishment for murderers and rapists. :?

Because even (posthumously) innocent people in the past have been tied to that chair or recieved the injection. Tip.it can't know which cases are genuine and which are just designed to ruin a clan/person's reputation.

Nothing can stop you from discreetly warning people though, such as PM'ing a friend to be cautious if pk'ing with that clan. It's not that the staff are control nazis, the policy protects innocent people as well from baseless accusations made in a fit of rage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users