Help test a game in Cambridge

Nukearcher

What's weird is that they don't even require the volunteers to be a runescape player... we could get random gaming kids off the street without the faintest clue of the game that is rating content that WE have to go through. What I can only wonder is what kind of content could be so big that they'd need testers, yet so unfit to continue any previous runescape updates that the testers don't even need to be active players. Puzzling...

they aren't taking input they are simply there for bugs. and the more rs players testing it the higher chance for a leak. It seems like it is something they want to keep under raps, which is why it WOULD BE STUPID TO OPEN A BETA SERVER.

Y_Z.png

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably testing the new tutorial. Remember that quest thing that they replaced it with for a bit? Then it got removed, i hear because it didn't teach people the game well enough. So they want people who haven't played the game to see how good it is at introducing people to runescape.

soldersig.jpg

Ask yourself:

Are you man enough?

Hero enough?

Insane enough to step in an office with the most whyniest kids (and their parents) in the galaxy?

If you say yes, then head to Cambridge!

YES!

...Wait. Did you say parents as well? NOOOOOO!

But I live to far away anyway :(.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Probably testing the new tutorial. Remember that quest thing that they replaced it with for a bit? Then it got removed, i hear because it didn't teach people the game well enough. So they want people who haven't played the game to see how good it is at introducing people to runescape.

for three hours?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

for three hours?

Well, after the tutorial they'd need to observe you in the game itself to see if it prepared you sufficiently for it, plus they'd want you to give feedback.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

did anyone go there? or does anyone have any info what they tested?

Nukearcher, that's a really illogical question.

When the subjects arrive at Jagex Studios, they are made to sign a contract so that they can't blurt out what they: saw, did and tested.

If they tell someone, that breaches said contract and can be sued by Jagex.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

When the subjects arrive at Jagex Studios, they are made to sign a contract so that they can't blurt out what they: saw, did and tested.

Its highly doubtful that they had to sign a secrecy contract considering that they were below 16 years of age. They would be prohibited to take images or other data it is all that probably happened.

Considering the small amount and age of the applicants I doubt we will see any reports about it out here.

You never know, considering there is no update this week what they where testing may be out next week (pretty much every time we have had an announced no update week something big has followed it).

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

That image is touted about alot, but nothing in the image actually definitively says it was confirmed.

Mod Mat K said he didn't lose it. And apologised for a mistake, but it doesn't state what his mistake was or that the person did in fact lose what he claimed to of lost.

To me, if anything, its more proof of it being amde up than it being true.

He blatently tells the guy he didn't lose 350M, then he looks into it for real and sees that he did and apologizes for it. If you would have looked at the mobilising armies update thread while this was going on there would have been a lot more proof in the form of QFC's and such. It did happen, he lost 350M, Mat K clearly apologizes for him being wrong(telling him he didn't lose the money), and he thanks him for pursuing the issue(him losing 350m). It's extremely obvious what happened...... #-o

Look at the image.

The jmod never specifically says he did lose the money or that his mistake was assuming the guy hadn't. There's obviously posts tht have been left out between them, but based on the image alone what Mod Mat K doesn't really confirm he lost it, though you could easily imply that meaning to it, but the ambiguous nature of his apologising reply doesn't give any direct, 100% confirmation seeing as it has been taken out of the flow of the thread and thus lost context.

What else do you suggest that it means?

The apology was for Mod Matt calling Exile a liar. Exile claimed to have lost 350M. Mod Matt retracted his claim which heavily implies that Exile was not lying and therefore telling the truth.

All I ever see you do on these forums is poke holes in other peoples posts.

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Its highly doubtful that they had to sign a secrecy contract considering that they were below 16 years of age. They would be prohibited to take images or other data it is all that probably happened.

Considering the small amount and age of the applicants I doubt we will see any reports about it out here.

You never know, considering there is no update this week what they where testing may be out next week (pretty much every time we have had an announced no update week something big has followed it).

I actually think it's quite likely that they did sign a Non-disclosure contract. Either the childeren, or their parents at least. It's just because of the main advertising in runescape and it's updates has always been word of mouth. And they also know the pure amount of speculation that revolves around all of the runescape fansites. The are smart busness people, and will want to keep everything under their control.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If they tell someone, that breaches said contract and can be killed by Jagex.

They can sue someone that young?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I applied, and they stated alot about a non-disclosure contract actually.

From the e-mail reply:

"The tests will be filmed and reviewed at a later date by our developers and the sessions and the entry to the office are covered by a non-disclosure contract, requiring you and your child not to reveal details of the day."

If they tell someone, that breaches said contract and can be killed by Jagex.

They can sue someone that young?

They can sue the Guardian, as all subjects arriving HAD to have an accompanying Guardian (over 18.)

And, why the immature change to my text?

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

From the e-mail reply:

"The tests will be filmed and reviewed at a later date by our developers and the sessions and the entry to the office are covered by a non-disclosure contract, requiring you and your child not to reveal details of the day."

Pff, create new tif account, put up info and let the mods delete yer account :twisted:

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

From the e-mail reply:

Pff, create new tif account, put up info and let the mods delete yer account :twisted:

also don't do it on your own computer go to library or w/e , that way they can't trace it back ;)

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Or please don't do either and just adhere to the Non-disclosure contract.

But that isn't to say anybody here on TIF actually went, Requiem only stated that he applied and got a reply, not that he actually went.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

But that isn't to say anybody here on TIF actually went, Requiem only stated that he applied and got a reply, not that he actually went.

But then we can't speculate. Sailing!!@#&!!*$04!#*$!!!! :D

But then we can't speculate. Sailing!!@#&!!*$04!#*$!!!! :D

speculate... hmmm

*goes out for a brisk walk appreciating natures beauty, walks into a cafe orders their finest coffee with 2 lumps of sugar and plenty of milk and as i go to drink it mid sip i spit it out and loudly proclaim;*

SAILING!#!$#@#%$Y%$ ZCX#$@^WTFC#%& J$E^&YJ WHW$^%TYG@^$

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10