Help test a game in Cambridge

Nukearcher

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine kids asking for free gold from jagex or parents asking to buy their children cheap gold for Christmas >.>

I watched a recording of some american news article about internet safety and they interviewed this kid who played runescape (must have been about 10-13 at least) because he lost his account to hackers and his mother was saying "he spent a lot of his pocket money buying items for the game and now he's lost it" -.-

:wall:

I can imagine kids asking for free gold from jagex or parents asking to buy their children cheap gold for Christmas >.>

I watched a recording of some american news article about internet safety and they interviewed this kid who played runescape (must have been about 10-13 at least) because he lost his account to hackers and his mother was saying "he spent a lot of his pocket money buying items for the game and now he's lost it" -.-

Timmy!

priest_wiz.png

[yt]qPWwUAqzoTU[/yt]

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Ask yourself:

Are you man enough?

Hero enough?

Insane enough to step in an office with the most whyniest kids (and their parents) in the galaxy?

If you say yes, then head to Cambridge!

Awesomerference :thumbsup:

[y]qPWwUAqzoTU[/yt]

yes! I have been trying to find that again for ages!

Also ot we can rule out mechscape as it's supposedly a more mature game, and therefore they wouldn't be wanting 11-16 year olds to test it.

Someone seriously needs to tell us what the jagex offices are like. \'

Oh, and shake hands with Mod MMG (and Paul, I guess).

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Sounds like an update that's sole purpose is to get new players to the game, not to satisfy veterans of the game.

Why not ask players on the forums or anywhere to submit applications? Sure they would get thousands, but it's better than some random kid on the street.

sotw7bar.png

Sounds like an update that's sole purpose is to get new players to the game, not to satisfy veterans of the game.

Why not ask players on the forums or anywhere to submit applications? Sure they would get thousands, but it's better than some random kid on the street.

What?

It's not an update it's just a thing asking for local kids. They're not going to ask on the forums because you'll get idiots in... America say or half way across the world sending in applications.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

What?

It's not an update it's just a thing asking for local kids. They're not going to ask on the forums because you'll get idiots in... America say or half way across the world sending in applications.

Yeah its published in Cambridge local news, because its gotta be people who can get to cambridge easily.

Do it on the forums and everyone will apply then they get picked and be like i'm in canada jagex pay for my plane fare?

omg you won;t pay thts stupid!!!!!!!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Rofl, you need to be 13 to play, and they are allowing 11 year olds. They think that 11-16 year olds are able to find bugs and problems in the game? Sad really. They should put ads out in places where hardcore, really smart players go and give them an incentive to test drive their game with some money or something.

Didn't read the other posts so if this has already been answered oh well

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013

Rofl, you need to be 13 to play, and they are allowing 11 year olds. They think that 11-16 year olds are able to find bugs and problems in the game? Sad really. They should put ads out in places where hardcore, really smart players go and give them an incentive to test drive their game with some money or something.

Let's try not to read too much into the age thing. They're just beta testing. And it isn't the end of the world if kids < 13 play RuneScape, either. :roll:

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

What the hell Jagex?!? What. The. Hell. Why are you asking for random kids in Cambridge to test your update when you could, far more easily, just ask a few members on the forums? Why not just saunter down to the high level forum and ask? They would, obviously, be the most help testing ANY update. Just have them agree to a confidentiality agreement and there it you are. Done. And it could be done over the internet. Much easier. Instead, they do this.

Ah, well. Now we know that their target group really IS 11-16.

Jealousy Much?

I think its a good idea.

I wonder what the new update may be, New engine for RS3 perhaps?

Warrierlord9.png

My Stats Suck :(

warrierlord9.png

[hide=]

What the hell Jagex?!? What. The. Hell. Why are you asking for random kids in Cambridge to test your update when you could, far more easily, just ask a few members on the forums? Why not just saunter down to the high level forum and ask? They would, obviously, be the most help testing ANY update. Just have them agree to a confidentiality agreement and there it you are. Done. And it could be done over the internet. Much easier. Instead, they do this.

Ah, well. Now we know that their target group really IS 11-16.

Jealousy Much?

I think its a good idea.

I wonder what the new update may be, New engine for RS3 perhaps?

[/hide]

Do you even have a idea what the difference from RSC to RS2 was I doubt they would do that and anyways they said they were not making RS3. :|

Edit: I think they want younger kids to play because they have a lower chance of telling other people about it.

If I lived anywhere near England I'd show up anyway.

Maybe I'd take my 15 year old brother who plays and act as his guardian.

Hehe, figure I need to steal a kid from somewhere as well.

*explodes* Wow that would be amazing, it's perfect for me! I live not too far from Cambridge, I'm 16, I'll be applying for University there, and the experience would really help my application.

Wow.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

*explodes* Wow that would be amazing, it's perfect for me! I live not too far from Cambridge, I'm 16, I'll be applying for University there, and the experience would really help my application.

Wow.

take a seekrit cam, and tell us here what the update was about.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Wow....First mods help out people in forums and now this!!! They're retaking connection with real people :D. Go jagex ^^, hope the testers find a bunch of bugs so we don't lose 600m on logging on a tutorial :lol:

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

You can be under 13, they changed this months ago, if you're under 13 you can only use quick-chat.

I thought everyone knew this?

Wow.

Do it. DO IT!

If I could I'd travel to Cambridge. It's literally HOURS away but I would ;(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].