What makes you who you are?

Guest Rob

uniqueness doesn't exist.

So we're all exactly the same?

pretty much.

Axe murderer who enjoys baking and shark watching=everyone else?

Nope, but Axe murderer who enjoys baking ans shark watching = somebody else.

Apart from finger prints and iris' and some other minute things, none of us are unique.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unique in this sense just shouldn't be a word ascribed to a human; none of us are.

I'll tell you mine anyways:

-I was born at 5:03 am in Ashland, Oregon.

-I like chewing on various objects that have drawn-on faces on them while at the computer.

-I started eating raw chilis when I was 2 years old.

-I'm the only person who has typed this: jdadj99jd929j2dj91j99901101010101010appaappqllslajzzllzaakwkq

kwqwkqwkiqwiqwiqjwiqjwijqwijwiqjwiqjdjsadjsdjasj

1111111111120120910291029109201930812084023kdkasdasdjkasjdkasjdkjask

djaskdjaskjdkafhdjh3h8h, then proceeded to say it out loud.

-50% of the time while on the computer, my toes will be as high, or nearly as high up as my face.

-I'm so introverted that I've imploded into an extrovert.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

I think 'What makes you different' is what the OP meant.

Personally, i'm fairly boring, nothing really makes me different. I have a stubble beard, which i just shave down to plain stubble every week, which i guess is kinda different, but alotta people around here have them.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile.

That pretty much sums up this topic. Haven't really seen anyone put something that made them really unique.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I bet if this topic was about rs uniqueness people would have a lot more ideas. :)

Here's something: I started drawing huge mazes when I was 8 years old. I drew about five of them that covered a whole printer piece of paper, and I always made the spaces between the lines 2 mm thick. It took hours to draw one (and perhaps the same amount of time to test one!).

Also something else: I'm a second degree blackbelt. Most people don't have a blackbelt, or some quit right after getting one. I also got 3rd place in state for my Tradition Forms (called Texas Top Ten), and 4th place a year after that for Sparring.

In the future I actually want to try to break a world record. I might try drawing the biggest maze.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I bet if this topic was about rs uniqueness people would have a lot more ideas. :)

That's because most of the people in the runescape forums are naive preteens/teenagers. Here in off topic everyone's a cynical and pessimistic university student. :D

wl7w9j.png

I laugh too much. And when I do laugh, I come off sounding like a total jerk.

And I laugh at the most weird things. :wall:

This

And the way I leave first impressions.

Everyone loves me.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I can say "She sells sea shells by the sea shore" quite fast.

I've managed to say "Chubby bunny" with a total of 9 marshmallows in my mouth.

I can bend my thumb to the front of my forearm (palm of hand facing down).

I've beaten Pokemon Yellow 65 times- in counting.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I can keep track of a lot of numbers in my head. It's a blessing and a curse since I can't remember what exactly I did to get that answer but it's somehow right most of the time.

I hate socializing face to face with people that I haven't known for a couple of years.

Other than those 2 things I'm average.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile.

That pretty much sums up this topic. Haven't really seen anyone put something that made them really unique.

My signature quote. :D

[hide=picture]00000219.gif[/hide]

As far as the OP goes, you'll be pretty hard pressed to find me really pissed off. I hide it pretty well I think, which isn't always a good thing. I just don't find the use in arguing for something that I don't care all that strongly about.

Apathy isn't that unique though :/. Other than that I'm probably your average guy who probably spends a bit too much time on the PC between school and everything else.

uniqueness doesn't exist.

It does, it's just an extremely rare quality like genius. Sure all people are 'unique' in terms of biology, a very small percentage are really unique or absolutely deviant from the 'mainstream' etc.

I don't mean like being able to sing or speak french, I mean being able to see visual or audio impulses as shapes and structures in your head, being able to speed-read and memorize the text with astounding accuracy,

people who instantly see clear solutions to difficult problems, people who invent new techologies and extremely complex source codes, can extremely accurately read physical states and emotions of people by their body signals/expressions/tone etc, people who process math instantly in a split second

The word unique is very overused. A lot of people can have 'interesting' skills like making people laugh. Those are not unique. You are very unlikely to meet many truly 'unique' people, when you do you're lucky though. They are maybe less than 1% of the general population. But unique people can make for really intriguing friends if you ever come across them.

Society tries to be unique but only makes them ununique when the masses do it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I refuse to buzz my hair. Does that count? 8-)

No.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

This is more like "what makes you different?" than "what makes you unique?" Things like "I make people laugh" are hardly unique.

What sets me apart is my inability to walk past the canteen without buying a Kit Kat. I don't want to know how much money I've spent on them this year alone.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

We're all unique in different aspects. Whether those aspects are worth mentioning or not is the question. But it's just surprising how many people are convinced that we're all clones of each other. I mean, I'd say TIF is a prime example of uniqueness. Why would we be here if all the users had the same exact ideas, interests, tastes, and opinions as every other user?

I refuse to buzz my hair. Does that count? 8-)

Do not EVER use that emote again.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.