Food.

nerdattack16

Food.

food-fast.gif

Can't live without it. Necessary to our survival. But while water and air always remains the same, food is a vast, ever-changing experience. It's hard to really enjoy breathing or a glass of water (unless it's a really hot day) but one thing everyone can love and bond over is food. Whether it's an elaborate dish prepared by the finest chefs, or you and a friend eating a burger, we all find enjoyment and comfort from food.

So why not discuss food? Go nuts (no pun intended) about it! Talk about what you just ate, what you want to eat, eating "challenges" you've won (or lost, I've done my share of losing)... share recipes, ideas, experiences... weird foods you've eaten, the best (and maybe worst) places and foods to eat... the possibilities are endless.

Why discuss it? Name me one person who doesn't enjoy eating at least one certain food.

Myself, I invented a sandwich today: peanut butter (crunchy, though creamy might be better), marshmallow cream, honey, and cinnamon on white bread. Tomorrow I think I'll make another, and add some banana slices and chocolate chips to it. Can anyone help me give it a name? :P

And while watching my dad make BBQ beans today (the best I've ever had, no lie) I had an idea: doesn't matter if you're a trained chef or just a regular joe, there is one food you can make that gets people saying "wow". You may not know what it is yet (I don't know mine) but it's there. I have a friend who makes some of the best burgers I've ever had - and that's basically the extent of his cooking ability, haha.

Disclaimer: Just because I play RuneScape and love to eat does not make me 350+ lbs.

[hide=I AM NOT FAT]notfat2.jpg

notfat1.jpg[/hide]

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love italian food. Pizza, chicken Parmesan, pasta etc. Macaroni is pretty sweet too.

Chinese food ain't bad either.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

My mum is an amazing cook and my stomach just grumbled because I'm thinking of food that she cooks.

I myself can only cook a few things but I'm good at following instructions so I can cook anything I like without much struggle.

I remember when I was little and my oldest sister would come home and bake with me and my other sister. Every single time me and my 'other sister' would back with my oldest sister, it would somehow be ruined (e.g wrong ingredients, over cooked). One time we baked a perfect batch of brownies and then as my oldest sister walked over to the dining table with the tray of brownies she dropped all of them on the floor. We then fed it to her boyfriend without telling him that she had dropped them.

My friend is a terrible cook, whenever she had to be taught how to make toast when she was about 12 because she would always jam a knife down the toaster. She was home alone once and she called me to ask what she should cook. i told her to get something that you only need to heat up from the pantry and she did. She ended up blowing up her stove.

Oh and I hate how people consider food like 'fried rice' as 'Chinese food'. That's not traditional Chinese food, that's the [developmentally delayed]ed version of 'Chinese food' that European people eat. It also irritates me when people HAVE to eat fried rice with chopsticks when they usually use forks and knives, just because it's 'Chinese' doesn't mean you have to pretend to be authentic.

That's my contribution. :lol:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I know what you mean about chinese food. I never eat with chopsticks, unless that's all that's available simply because, they're worse than a spoon or fork. The only advantage is that they make you eat slower which might make you eat less. Food is food, no matter what you eat it with. Unless you use chopsticks for everything you shouldn't use them for chinese food.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I know what you mean about chinese food. I never eat with chopsticks, unless that's all that's available simply because, they're worse than a spoon or fork. The only advantage is that they make you eat slower which might make you eat less. Food is food, no matter what you eat it with. Unless you use chopsticks for everything you shouldn't use them for chinese food.

Yeah, it does slow you down unless you're used to using them. Sometimes I find chopsticks faster to use because I basically shovel the food into my mouth. Fork + knife is handy for eating steaks though.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Whenever I'm forced to eat with chopsticks (some chinese/japanese places around here only give you chopsticks), I end up using the tried and true stabbing method for anything I can.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Oh and I hate how people consider food like 'fried rice' as 'Chinese food'. That's not traditional Chinese food, that's the [developmentally delayed] version of 'Chinese food' that European people eat. It also irritates me when people HAVE to eat fried rice with chopsticks when they usually use forks and knives, just because it's 'Chinese' doesn't mean you have to pretend to be authentic.

Well, there is fried rice in Asia, but I must admit it's different than the "fried rice" in the west (and I imagine in Australia/New Zealand too).

Chopsticks are cool. At my house, it's easier to find chopsticks than it is to find a fork/spoon, so if I'm too lazy to go look, I'll just use chopsticks.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Whenever I'm forced to eat with chopsticks (some chinese/japanese places around here only give you chopsticks), I end up using the tried and true stabbing method for anything I can.

:lol: I love chopstick newbies. So adorable.

Oh and I hate how people consider food like 'fried rice' as 'Chinese food'. That's not traditional Chinese food, that's the [developmentally delayed] version of 'Chinese food' that European people eat. It also irritates me when people HAVE to eat fried rice with chopsticks when they usually use forks and knives, just because it's 'Chinese' doesn't mean you have to pretend to be authentic.

Well, there is fried rice in Asia, but I must admit it's different than the "fried rice" in the west (and I imagine in Australia/New Zealand too).

Yeah, I just don't like how people consider takeaways as actual Chinese food, all of my friends assumed that all I ate was fried rice and wontons for dinner.

What about.. pork intestines.. or yum cha .. or scorpians on sticks?! All of that weird [cabbage] you find in Hong Kong. :lol:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I didn't know fried rice wasn't "authentic" Chinese food. Cool. Generally I get lo mein when I order takeout.

And I have a friend who's like that. Uses chopsticks. He thinks it makes him look cool. But the fork wins every time.

Just watched an episode of Man Vs Food. Man, I want to be that guy. Those eating challenges look so fun.

neraftdfw1.jpg

I should definitely make that sandwich.

I make sweets all the time. No one ever taught me (I like to think it's in my blood; my mom owned an ice cream parlor), I just kinda knew somehow. Smores, chocolate-covered marshmallows, milkshakes, things that are generally easy to make, but everyone thinks I'm a genius for making them. O_o

I also make pancakes, toast, and nachos, but that's not really cooking. Maybe tomorrow I'll throw something together with some random ingredients, like you did, Nerdy, and see what happens.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

Grilled cheese makes me think of toasted spaghetti sandwiches.

If you have a sandwich toaster, go put some spaghetti with cheese on top. So good. =P~

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Grilled cheese ftw.

On Texas toast. :thumbup:

Grilled cheese makes me think of toasted spaghetti sandwiches.

If you have a sandwich toaster, go put some spaghetti with cheese on top. So good. =P~

Holy crow, that sounds incredible. I assume you boil the spaghetti first? Any kind of cheese?

neraftdfw1.jpg

You said share food challenges you've won, I've done a gallon of milk in under an hour.

Not really food, but.....

I don't care how you talk about food, as long as it's about food?

The gallon challenge? Nice, man. I respect anyone who can do that - I'm zero for four on it. *barf* :?

neraftdfw1.jpg

Yeah, I just don't like how people consider takeaways as actual Chinese food, all of my friends assumed that all I ate was fried rice and wontons for dinner.

Wongtong ate wontons with the wrong tongs!

I thought all Asian people got annoyed at people that can't use chopsticks. Well, at least all of my Asian friends do, but they're always grumpy so I guess it makes sense.

wl7w9j.png

I love cooking, I make my own creations all the time.

But the best food in the world would have to be mi goreng. It's nothing but fat and carbs, but man it tastes awesome. If it wasn't for the whole malnutrition thing and gaining weight, I would eat nothing but this stuff.

Indomie_(pack).jpg

I just ate a burrito from my workplace, Panchero's. And Wontong, I agree with you with the Chinese food comment. Same thing goes for Mexican. Taco Bell is nothing like real Mexican food. Though Crunchwrap Supremes are the [cabbage]. :thumbup:

I eat some [cabbage] that's considered weird to most people usally. Such as Gwumpki (any Polish people here?) And my mom is convinced that brand name foods are evil, so we usually eat [cabbage] like lentil soup, falafel, stuffed red peppers, egg plant and butternut squash salad. [bleep]in gross. Thats why I eat at Panchero's :D

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

But the best food in the world would have to be mi goreng. It's nothing but fat and carbs, but man it tastes awesome. If it wasn't for the whole malnutrition thing and gaining weight, I would eat nothing but this stuff.

Indomie_(pack).jpg

I didn't know there was a such a thing worse for you than ramen, but apparently there is. :o

Looks tasty. Never seen it in any stores around my house though.

neraftdfw1.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Indomie_(pack).jpg

I didn't know there was a such a thing worse for you than ramen, but apparently there is. :o

I never knew that ramen was that bad for you. I don't understand how ramen could be high in 'fat' when it's just noodles. D: How?!

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Indomie_(pack).jpg

AND IT'S SO CHEAP !

SCREW MAGGI NOODLES !

AT MY LOCAL STORE THAT THING IS ONLY 60 CENTS !

DEAL ON A STICK !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Indomie_(pack).jpg

I never knew that ramen was that bad for you. I don't understand how ramen could be high in 'fat' when it's just noodles. D: How?!

Sooooo many preservatives, sodium, probably some MSGs for taste. <3:

neraftdfw1.jpg

Indomie_(pack).jpg

noodles suck>

You get that in Aus? I always though it was just NZ. I live on those things, and especially that flavour. That is the best stuff ever. My friends all vomited when I gave it to them for the first time ever. Awesome.

lampost_sig_stark.png

About that milk challenge, I bring you this video from one of my favorite shows:

[yt]EnocQIcllFw[/yt]

Beat that!

What I mainly eat though, is various types of pizza, spaghetti, some sort of chicken and something that involves salsa. I don't really eat much and I really have to expand my diet :?

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)