Food.

nerdattack16

For 3 bucks? :shock: I spend loads on food and I only buy things that are relatively pretty cheap.

Was originally $3.99, but was $3.21 or something with the Ingles Advantage Card. :thumbup:

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At my school they make this sandwhich where its three pieces of bread (one in the middle) with on each side: Turkey, ham, salami, and bacon with lettuce tomato and cheddar/provalone cheese. its awesome but its like 5 dollars

meta318.png

March 23, 2008- 99 Thieving. January 2, 2009- 99 Defence. Quest cape since October 2007.

I just got back from the Bahamas, and had some pretty sweet food. I had fried conch, which was really good and not very fishy, and there were some amazing grilled plantains.

The bahamians have their own original flavors of soda. I tried junkanoo, which was basically fruit punch on top of cream soda. Very sugary, but good.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

I wish I could like seafood. It looks so good but when I put it in my mouth i about puke. I also hear seafood helps your skin produce more melanin because i'm naturally pale.

I'd suggest tilapia as a good "starter" fish - it's similar to chicken, but lighter and flakier.

Just got back from a run, went to the grocery store and got this from the deli for 3 bucks.

Bargain! Looks tasty.

Hey, is it possible to acquire a taste for certain foods? I hate nearly every vegetable there is, and I really wish I could like them. Same with seafood. :( However I think I'll like them eventually, because I used to hate salad but now I really like it. Is it more of a "the more you eat it the more you'll like it" type of thing or do I have to wait for my taste buds to change?

Oh, totally. I use to hate salad and now I devour it with a passion. Also hated onions, peppers, cucumbers, beets... all foods I like to eat now. It might be an age thing, or maybe I "acquired" the taste for them. Don't really know.

Southern food, man. That's where American food comes from, anyways. Back when the Yankees were all eating their foie gras and beef stroganoff, we were down here grilling up some burgers and throwing whatever we could into a pot full of beef. Thus, barbecue: proof that there is a god that loves all deliciousness. I bet it's Buddha. The belly gives it away.

I live in the South too. All about the southern cooking. Apparently tomorrow's dinner is chicken fried steak with gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, and fried okra. Win. :thumbup:

Cracker Barrel makes some pretty good Southern food, too! Not the greatest but it's pretty tasty compared to some. I like their mac and cheese.

I just got back from the Bahamas, and had some pretty sweet food. I had fried conch, which was really good and not very fishy, and there were some amazing grilled plantains.

The bahamians have their own original flavors of soda. I tried junkanoo, which was basically fruit punch on top of cream soda. Very sugary, but good.

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to go there. I've never had plantains grilled, but I've had 'em fried, which is similar I guess. Fried conch sounds pretty good, too.

I got a free sandwich combo from my job today! (I work at a grocery store, haha) Publix makes a pretty good sandwich.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Aw man, I love Cracker Barrel. Only their breakfast, though. French toast, eggs, bacon, EVERYTHING. Auuugh. And they sell candy in the front! Friggin great.

I wish my mom still cooked. I'm the only kid left at home, and her and my dad are both on diets, so I'm pretty much living on what I can make (namely TV dinners and cinnamon toast crunch). SUUUUCK

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Aw man, I love Cracker Barrel. Only their breakfast, though. French toast, eggs, bacon, EVERYTHING. Auuugh. And they sell candy in the front! Friggin great.

I love that place! The chicken and dumplings are fantastic. I love their fried okra as well. I could eat there all day long...

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Heh, crackerbarrel. I don't really like the food, but one time before going in I memorized the answer to their little puzzles with my iphone. The waitress was amazed I got it on my first try. :lol:

wl7w9j.png

Heh, crackerbarrel. I don't really like the food, but one time before going in I memorized the answer to their little puzzles with my iphone. The waitress was amazed I got it on my first try. :lol:

I'm sorry, but you not liking the food is unacceptable. :evil:

There's a place similar to Cracker Barrel called The Corner Cafe which is also really good. I've been there for breakfast twice and it's been fantastic. I had a huge plate of homemade biscuits and gravy both times. :thumbsup:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I'm starting to cook seriously, as in preparing my own meals. My dad is retired and my mom is always with her friends, and since my brother moved out I've had to fend for myself. I can only make basic stuff, but I'm learning a lot of basic techniques (chopping/slicing fast for salads and pretty much acquiring a 6th sense for knowing when things are "done"). I want to start cooking complicated dishes, but I have to convince my parents to buy the necessary groceries ::' . I'm sure the second I start cooking for them, they'll buy whatever I'll put on a list.

I have this killer recipe for smoked trout on the bbq. It involves cooking it on a cedar plank so that when the wood burns, it's like I have my own mini-smokehouse. And trout doesn't have that fishy aftertaste which puts most people off any type of fish.

PS: I lied when I said it was because I've had to cook for myself that I started cooking seriously. I lived on Cheerios for a solid year before I started making hot meals for myself. No, it's because of the show Dexter, mainly the elderly character that dates Dexter's sister. He gets laid the SECOND she finishes eating her meal (or was it before he even served her?) - I want to be this guy and cook like this at a very young age.

hiccup.png

PS: I lied when I said it was because I've had to cook for myself that I started cooking seriously. I lived on Cheerios for a solid year before I started making hot meals for myself. No, it's because of the show Dexter, mainly the elderly character that dates Dexter's sister. He gets laid the SECOND she finishes eating her meal (or was it before he even served her?) - I want to be this guy and cook like this at a very young age.

Haha I started cooking because I wanted to be able to cook food that's as good as the food you get in fancy restaurants. Creme brulee is surprisingly easy to make (takes six to seven minutes when you get good at it) and so are good steaks. Tiramisu's pretty difficult to get good. Also, creme brulee is extremely inexpensive too - it's just eggs, sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream! And the torches only cost about $10, but if you want a really good one you're looking at $30-$50.

Cooking fancy food is fun. :P

wl7w9j.png

Haha I started cooking because I wanted to be able to cook food that's as good as the food you get in fancy restaurants. Creme brulee is surprisingly easy to make (takes six to seven minutes when you get good at it) and so are good steaks. Tiramisu's pretty difficult to get good. Also, creme brulee is extremely inexpensive too - it's just eggs, sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream! And the torches only cost about $10, but if you want a really good one you're looking at $30-$50.

Cooking fancy food is fun. :P

I know, people go on dates and dish out hundreds of hard earned cash on professional cooks and waiters. 99% of Tip.it will depend on these restaurants to impress their women - but not us rangeor. No - we will be independent men, we will impress women not with our wealth but with our cooking skills. We will live like kings among an ocean of gorgeous women begging for a taste of our meals.

hiccup.png

There is one thing I cannot live without:

chipotle1.jpg

OMG THAT STUFF IS DELICIOUS.

That aint no jive, turkey.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I love cooking, I make my own creations all the time.

But the best food in the world would have to be mi goreng. It's nothing but fat and carbs, but man it tastes awesome. If it wasn't for the whole malnutrition thing and gaining weight, I would eat nothing but this stuff.

Indomie_(pack).jpg

I use the exact same thing!! Those are so nice, especially with some chicken (or chicken nuggets if your feeling lazy, just remmbr to remove the batter).

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

Okay, bear with me.

One large tin of baked beans.

Two small tins of spaghetti.

Two tins of tuna.

Two heaped knives of peanut butter.

Sling it in the microwave for a couple minutes.

Enjoy.

Oh god.

:3

EDIT - OH GOD I FORGOT THE CHEESE. Apply shredded cheese liberally.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I know, people go on dates and dish out hundreds of hard earned cash on professional cooks and waiters. 99% of Tip.it will depend on these restaurants to impress their women - but not us rangeor. No - we will be independent men, we will impress women not with our wealth but with our cooking skills. We will live like kings among an ocean of gorgeous women begging for a taste of our meals.

Hell yeah! highfive.gif

wl7w9j.png

Hell yeah! highfive.gif

I just overdosed on melodrama. sdfd.png

Without bringing into question food quality, most girls still enjoy the act of going out to a restaurant.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Yep, that's true. But you can never lose when you cook for a girl, either. Do good, she'll love it. Burn it, it'll be a cute little anecdote.

I want to be a good cook. But I'm in the same grocery situation. I don't even get to touch the salaaaad.

Junkanoo is great, but goombay is better, and fried conch is amazing.

Okay, bear with me.

[hide=]One large tin of baked beans.

Two small tins of spaghetti.

Two tins of tuna.

Two heaped knives of peanut butter.

Sling it in the microwave for a couple minutes.

Enjoy.

Oh god.

:3

EDIT - OH GOD I FORGOT THE CHEESE. Apply shredded cheese liberally.[/hide]

That sounds disgustingly tasty. Gotta try that sometime.

As I mentioned earlier...

[hide=I AM NOT FAT]notfat2.jpg

notfat1.jpg[/hide]

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

You look different from that prom picture. How tall are you now? Because not only do you need a sammich, you may need some platform go-go boots.

I ate four snack packs today. Mmmm.