IRL Celebs on RS...

RsArrow

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why people hold the view "Major celebs wouldn't play"

They are humans just like the rest of us they have hobbies and mess about on teh interwebs.

I mean if you suddenly catapulted to fame for writing a book or landing a role in a movie or cause your band got a record deal and thus became a major clebe would you suddenly go OMG i AM FAMOUS NOW MUST STOP PALYIGN RS AND ALL OTHER NORMAL THINGS

Well, yes, actually.

I'd concentrate on making myself incredibly rich. Then, once that was done, maybe I'd consider wasting it all on a farm in the countryside, or a racehorse.

I wouldn't game. Don't be stupid.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

They are humans just like the rest of us they have hobbies and mess about on teh interwebs.

I mean if you suddenly catapulted to fame for writing a book or landing a role in a movie or cause your band got a record deal and thus became a major clebe would you suddenly go OMG i AM FAMOUS NOW MUST STOP PALYIGN RS AND ALL OTHER NORMAL THINGS

Well, yes, actually.

I'd concentrate on making myself incredibly rich. Then, once that was done, maybe I'd consider wasting it all on a farm in the countryside, or a racehorse.

I'd spend the money on a 'scape version of this

wow-geek1.jpg

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

Depends on your definition of celebrity. I know more than a few AFL players play Runescape fairly regularly, as do lots of Australians musicians. Though TF-2/CS 1.6 seems to be their game of choice.

SoLawny.png

Even if they did, which mature person would actually care?

I do i do i do

mature person

Oh nvm

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

The deciding factor isn't that being a celebrity means that they can't do things like that. It becomes more that most "major celebrities" simply don't have time.

Their lives are pretty much scheduled to the point that they have very little free time for themselves, and most probably can think of better things to do. You know things like; families, friends, parties, going to exotic locations with gorgeous people. You know, that thing....damn what's it called....Oh yeh, real life.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Even if a celebrity admitted on Runescape to be a player, no one would believe him. Now if they admitted IRL, thats a different story. But few celebrities that big would actually have the time to play Runescape or risk ruining their reputation by admitting it without an expensive endorsement from Jagex. But as others have said, I'm sure there are minor celebrities who play. Maybe local sports heroes or small TV stars or even your local tv news anchor... that last thought scares me.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Nicolas Cage and Vin Diesel play WoW, so why not RS? :P

Oh crud.. Vin Diesel and Nicolas Cage play WoW, good thing mmorpg's don't reflect movie skills or else all of WoW's treasures would be in the hands of Nicolas Cage and all players would have been killed by Vin Diesel. Glad I don't play WoW. RS is for people like Chuck Norris and Scotty Pippen.

vin diesel was on about it on jonathon ross, aparantly he's proper good at it, just not as much as ross' wife

baileydafrog.png

Zezima has a RS account! :ohnoes:

:lol: True 8-)

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

I doubt any celebrity is going to admit they play Runescape. Mod MMG doesn't reveal his regular account's name because he wants to play as a normal player; most celebrities would take this approach.

I have another celebrity to add to the list that plays WoW; Mila Kunis, Jackie, from That 70's Show. Otherwise known as the "hottest geek." I read about it in an article somewhere, I'll see if I can find it...

Edit: I found something about it on the Wow website, Appearently she's quit. :(

Mila Kunis, who got her breakthrough role playing air-headed Jackie on That 70's Show, was always one of the more famous people playing our favorite game. Ukraine-born Kunis was interviewed by Complex magazine a while back and she revealed a surprisingly pleasant grasp of the game, which she plays with her long-time boyfriend Macaulay Culkin (yeah, that kid from Home Alone. He's all grown up now, sorry, guys.). This won the approval of nerds everywhere -- that includes me -- because a hot babe playing a video game always gets a thumbs up.

In an interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Kunis promotes her new movie, the video-game inspired Max Payne, and talks about having had to quit the game "for good, going on a year now." Confusingly, however, the actress continues to talk about "the game" in the present tense, talking about being in two guilds, getting recognized through in-game voice chat, and how she plays a kickass Alliance Mage. It's an interesting and funny interview where she also hints at keeping tabs on the expansion's new 10-man raids as well as confesses to sucking at shoot-em ups. For someone who hasn't played the game for about a year, she sure does give it a lot of love, saying that "it's such a good game" and that she "loves it so much." Maybe when Wrath comes out she'll rethink that hiatus from the game, eh?

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.

There's almost no way that a celebrity doesn't play.

Future Hall of Fame pitcher Curt Schilling is an avid, unapologetic Everquester. While he gets teased for it, he mentioned he was not alone in playing, and that it wasn't all that uncommon in pro sports as married athletes need something to keep them out of trouble.

stormveritas.png

Well, yes, actually.

I'd spend the money on a 'scape version of this

wow-geek1.jpg

solo bandos mass anyone?

Y_Z.png

I believe they mentioned something about runescape on Rob&Big. Either one of them or both of them played.

or maybe that bum that lives with them played.

4e0Vn.png

Some kid (under 13 when it was against rules to play under 13) was playing RuneScape on one of Gordan Ramsey's shows, it was based in America, I'm not sure what the program was called though, even though I've seen them all.

Haha I was about to post this! The show's called kitchen nightmares. I watched a good twelve hours of it this weekend and saw one part where Gordon Ramsay visits someone's house, and while they're interviewing the kid you can see runescape on his computer in the background. I thought it was hilarious :lol:

Gordon Ramsay is awesome.

wl7w9j.png

I know Hunter Pence (Houston Astros Outfielder) plays world of warcraft... his ESPN magazine article: "A perfect day is four hits, eight cups of coffee, and 3 hours of warcraft."

I would not be shocked in the slightest to learn about athletes playing a lot of different games, including MMORPGs/RS

On the Curt Schilling note, he actually started (or owns, I'm not sure which) a company that makes computer games now. It's called 38 Studios.

KingJD36.png