Abortion what do you think of it?

Howlin0001

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your views on abortion?

I have recently just started to think about it but not too sure on what my view is.

Ugh, do we really have to do this again? Can't we all just order some pizza and have a good time together?

hiccup.png

There's already a thread about abortion somewhere...

Nothing recent. :thumbup:

I feel the decision is up to both parents, though mainly the mother (since she is the one who has to go through with 9 months of pregnancy).

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I am very unsure about abortion, while i don't think killing the baby is right, it is also against my belief to restrict someone from making their own decisions. It is their baby it is their right to make the decision, but also it just kinda seems fundamentally wrong to kill it. and the whole stem cell thing about embryos is stupid, Embryonic stem cell research didn't work but other non embryonic stuff has, but people are so dim they think it is all bad.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

This issue isn't important to me at all, and I believe I have posted in at least a couple similar threads in the past. But for suffice in relevance, I'll just say I'm pro-choice.

Even Christians should be pro-choice, all sins are equal. In the eyes of your god, being envious is just as bad as aborting a fetus from your wife's womb. It's way over-hyped, and people who protest abortions or harass abortion doctors are either insane, ignorant, or just plain dumb.

If you are seriously "pro-life", then learn the biological criteria of a living human, and most importantly, learn your religion's priorities, as yours are not in sync with them.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

I don't know. I mean, I'm all for killing babies, but I just don't know about letting a woman make a decision.

;)

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

This issue isn't important to me at all, and I believe I have posted in at least a couple similar threads in the past. But for suffice in relevance, I'll just say I'm pro-choice.

Even Christians should be pro-choice, all sins are equal. In the eyes of your god, being envious is just as bad as aborting a fetus from your wife's womb. It's way over-hyped, and people who protest abortions or harass abortion doctors are either insane, ignorant, or just plain dumb.

If you are seriously "pro-life", then learn the biological criteria of a living human, and most importantly, learn your religion's priorities, as yours are not in sync with them.

Wow. Articulated that much better than I ever could have.

To be honest I don't know what decision I would make in such a situation, but in the meantime I am not going to presume to make others' decisions for them.

Now let's watch this thread mutate into another redundant monster.

p2gq.jpg

Depends on the reason you want it. If you just don't feel like having a baby out of laziness or indifference, then I think you should have to deal with the consequences you set yourself up for. If you were raped or the baby's life would inevitably be worse than death (like an illness or extreme poverty) then it's okay - but it's pretty hard to say that someone else's life isn't worth living.

To be honest, and no offence intended to anyone, but I find it hard to understand why there's even somewhat of a controversy surrounding abortion. It's just logic on so many levels, that's how it's always felt to me. How can anyone who says they care about morality put the life of an unborn child before that of a woman who's already alive? But all the same, it's a decision no woman should ever have to make.

To be honest, and no offence intended to anyone, but I find it hard to understand why there's even somewhat of a controversy surrounding abortion. It's just logic on so many levels, that's how it's always felt to me. How can anyone who says they care about morality put the life of an unborn child before that of a woman who's already alive? But all the same, it's a decision no woman should ever have to make.

You make it sound so simple. Most of the time morality comes down to opinion. "Would you rather save 100 strangers or 1 family member?" Someone could easily argue that the unborn baby's life is more important. The mother isn't going to be the one dying and the mother obviously already had some fun with life at that point, whereas the baby didn't even get to experience the world at all yet.

Under most circumstances, I think abortion is wrong. Whoever is having the abortion most likely made the decision to have sex, so they should live with the consequences of their actions. If you aren't prepared to have children, you shouldn't be having sex.

To say that its the woman's right to be able to choose is contradictory. The baby has no choice in the matter. And if you don't think the baby's life will be worth living, you can't make that decision fo yourself.

mbqyk3.gif

You make it sound so simple. Most of the time morality comes down to opinion. "Would you rather save 100 strangers or 1 family member?" Someone could easily argue that the unborn baby's life is more important. The mother isn't going to be the one dying and the mother obviously already had some fun with life at that point, whereas the baby didn't even get to experience the world at all yet.

But why ruin one person's life just to cause another's?

The creation of that new life creates both opportunity for happiness and sadness (sorry to be so black-and-white), but if it causes sadness for a woman who's already alive and already has her place in the world... surely it can't be worth it?

All I'm saying is, it seems to me as though reasons to be pro-choice outstrip reasons to be pro-'life' (what a silly term) many times over. It's not exactly a decision any woman wants to make.

The creation of that new life creates both opportunity for happiness and sadness (sorry to be so black-and-white), but if it causes sadness for a woman who's already alive and already has her place in the world... surely it can't be worth it?

All I'm saying is, it seems to me as though reasons to be pro-choice outstrip reasons to be pro-'life' (what a silly term) many times over. It's not exactly a decision any woman wants to make.

Is that a fact? A baby will ruin your life? Sure, it'll change your life, but ruin it? That's extremely selfish to kill someone just because they're gonna flip your life around.

mbqyk3.gif

A) The baby wasn't the one who caused this situation, the mother did. Why should the baby be punished for something it had no control over when the irresponsible mother gets off scott free?

B) A chance of ruining a life isn't as harsh as a surefire termination of one. (In fact, there is even a chance that baby could make your life better.)

C) Like I said, the mother already experienced life and the baby didn't. So the mother can share her life (sharing isn't nearly as bad as death in my opinion), which she already lived at least long enough to get to puberty, or she can terminate the baby's.

Not that I wholeheartedly agree with all the pro-life stances, but I'm just saying they have just as much of a logical point as you do. Personally, I'm pretty much on the fence with abortion.

A) The baby wasn't the one who caused this situation, the mother did.

Rape. Rape barely accounts for any unwanted pregnancies

B) A chance of ruining a life isn't as harsh as a surefire termination of one. (In fact, there is even a chance that baby could make your life better.)

What if the baby would have a terrible life either way? Should I kill you because I think you might have a terrible life?

C) Like I said, the mother already experienced life and the baby didn't.

Not that I wholeheartedly agree with all the pro-life stances, but I'm just saying they have just as much of a logical point as you do. Personally, I'm pretty much on the fence with abortion.

mbqyk3.gif

Rape.

Okay, now what about all those times that aren't rape, which is the vast majority? I even said a few posts ago that abortion was fine if you were raped.

What if the baby would have a terrible life either way?

It's a hard call to make, but I also said in that post that if the baby is inevitably going to suffer then abortion is okay. But like I said, that's nothing to throw around lightly and more often than not it's just an excuse lazy parents make to justify abortion.

Rape.

Okay, now what about all those times that aren't rape, which is the vast majority? I even said a few posts ago that abortion was fine if you were raped.

It's a hard call to make, but I also said in that post that if the baby is inevitably going to suffer then abortion is okay. But like I said, that's nothing to throw around lightly and more often than not it's just an excuse lazy parents make to justify abortion.

1) The vast majority of those times, they don't want an abortion.

2) Well, that's a fair point.

Wait, what are you saying? That people who get raped don't want to get abortions?

What point are you trying make? (If it's true, that is.)

mbqyk3.gif

A) The baby wasn't the one who caused this situation, the mother did. Why should the baby be punished for something it had no control over when the irresponsible mother gets off scott free?

C) Like I said, the mother already experienced life and the baby didn't. So the mother can share her life (sharing isn't nearly as bad as death in my opinion), which she already lived at least long enough to get to puberty, or she can terminate the baby's.

Firstly, abortion isn't a good thing - I'm not condoning it, merely saying it's the lesser of two evils. Denying an unborn baby the chance to live it's life, or denying a woman the chance to get out a situation she'll have to live with for the rest of her life, very probably caused by one tiny mistake?

A) That's quite a big assumption, saying the mother caused the pregnancy. Takes two to tango.... and what about rape? Split condom? Pushy boyfriend? And again, assuming the mother gets off scot free? I doubt it. It'll haunt her, most probably, for the rest of her life, and she may well be depressed ages afterwards. She may not have to shoulder the responsibility of a child, but the burden of having had an abortion?

B) I think a full grown woman capable of making her own decisions deserves the opportunity to live hers to the full, without it being comprised by having to bring up another human being. If a woman knows she doesn't want a baby, no can do.

C) How can you say that every woman who's had sex has 'experienced life'? Putting aside the fact that that's an incredibly non-specific term, 'experiencing life' is so non-absolute. It's not like you reach a certain stage and think, 'yeah, cool, I've done everything, doesn't matter very much what I do with the next however-many years'. Sure, she may have lived a little - but isn't a taster of life, and having the rest cut short, worse than never living it all?

I know you'd probably say it's not fair to assume having a baby would cut a woman's life short (obviously many people want children and some live to be parents), but everyone's different. It's such a personal thing... you can't assume babies would improve everyone's life.

Then surely they're unfit for parenthood anyway, and abortion is best for everyone?

Rape.

1) The vast majority of those times, they don't want an abortion.

2) Well, that's a fair point.

Wait, what are you saying? That people who get raped don't want to get abortions?

What point are you trying make? (If it's true, that is.)

No, I'm saying that most of the time if they partook in regular sex they'll keep the baby.

That's not even true.

mbqyk3.gif

Pro-choice, From a scientific point of view (And I only base my opinions from science) The kid is not even close to human till about 3 months. I don't have pesky religion to tell me that's a sin and think about it, Would you want to be the kid of parents who don't want you/ can't afford you?

http://rambelingsofateenagetechie.blogspot.com/

MY BLOG

Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.

-Joseph Stalin

RoushLogo.jpg

My Logo!

That's quite a big assumption, saying the mother caused the pregnancy.

If it was consenting sex, then she was responsible for it.

Takes two to tango.... and what about rape?

Yes. Two, which includes the girl. And I said rape is obviously a good reason to get an abortion.

Split condom? Pushy boyfriend?

If she had sex, she had sex. You can't tell me she shouldn't be accountable for a decision she consciously made.

And again, assuming the mother gets off scot free? I doubt it. It'll haunt her, most probably, for the rest of her life, and she may well be depressed ages afterwards. She may not have to shoulder the responsibility of a child, but the burden of having had an abortion?

So either way, she ruins her life no matter what she chooses?

How can you say that every woman who's had sex has 'experienced life'?

Because they're usually at the age of 20-30 by then. Compared to the baby, that's a lot.

It's such a personal thing... you can't assume babies would improve everyone's life.

Then why are you assuming that it will ruin everyone's life?