iron ore.

BBC3

Ive spent the day in GE burying bones and have picked up over 200 iron ores from floor. I guess that means people need to sell fast. I have also picked up tons of clay and steel bars are trickling down too. Im hoping that someone will merch rune plate cos id quite like to pick up a couple of hundred off floor when price crashes!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wooohooo. isnt it exciting!! i was just complaining a couple weeks ago about how merchs were keepin (and still are) addy bars too low.

isn't this goin to the little guy? i can mine to lvl and make some bank at same time.

with everythin thats goin on, its very nice to see ge exaggeratin.

i actually suggested somethin to jagex that was similar to ge. i know they read and used my suggestion because the other part was to "add friend" in chat window. remember that not there in classic or at first in rs2? (*sighs* didnt get lifetime membership, free month, even thx. :( )

so you should believe me when i say there is one or two simple solutions to fix price manipulation. why dont you all try brainstorming in a post or two and see if you cant come up with it.

i wasnt on for few years til just b4 summer, but did tip.it long time ago. database crash or just old accounts get deleted?

*last words* DON'T PAY TO SMELT!!!

*hurridly makes a level 3 account called UBERGOLD71351325 to start a merch clan*

*Makes UBERGOLD71351326 to ruin any merchanting attempts made by UBERGOLD71351325.*

I know, lets combine it into one big merch clan so we can all get loads of cash and leave our faithful members with junk!

O.O

*hurridly makes a level 3 account called UBERGOLD71351325 to start a merch clan*

*Makes UBERGOLD71351326 to ruin any merchanting attempts made by UBERGOLD71351325.*

I know, lets combine it into one big merch clan so we can all get loads of cash and leave our faithful members with junk!

Hmm...that sounds familiar. I know I've heard that idea somewhere...

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

What I don't understand is why they don't just send in a j-mod on all of the trade worlds and look at all of the clans people are advertising. Then they could just ban the clan leaders and that would be that. They did it with 2 clans already. Perhaps all they need to do is ban merch clan leaders on a larger scale.

On a side note: It is almost impossible to buy or sell anything at the ge in world 2 now because of the number of people using autotyping bots to spam the chat with adds for their merch clan. Is adverstising merch clans to the point where it is impossible to read the chat window reportable?

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

You're surprised by iron ore... check out copper :shock:

I looked at that. The surprising thing is that Tin remains the same.

As for the whole "merch clan" theory, I really don't think that their hand is involved in it too much. My reasoning is that there is most likely too much of this item for any one merch clan (or any group of them thereof) to fully control. I genuinely believe that it's due to less iron actually staying in the game, since powermining iron is a popular way to train in F2P and in P2P w/o Granite.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

As for the whole "merch clan" theory, I really don't think that their hand is involved in it too much. My reasoning is that there is most likely too much of this item for any one merch clan (or any group of them thereof) to fully control. I genuinely believe that it's due to less iron actually staying in the game, since powermining iron is a popular way to train in F2P and in P2P w/o Granite.

I was in W1 stalking merch clans to see if any were doing the item that I am flipping. I found the clan that was doing iron ore. The were 'trying' to get it to 550 gp ea. The clans name was 'First Merch'. They are one of the worst clans in F2P for autoing. Many members get on like 5 worlds each and just auto 24/7. I have no doubt that with enough players dumping in a few mill here and there you could do that to any majorly traded item. Plus, independant merchants just try to ride out the buy out not thinking it will crash as hard as it does.

On a side note: It is almost impossible to buy or sell anything at the ge in world 2 now because of the number of people using autotyping bots to spam the chat with adds for their merch clan. Is adverstising merch clans to the point where it is impossible to read the chat window reportable?

Yes. In the report window, it's under "Respect" and "disruptive behavior".

This is directly from the RuneScape website:

"Spamming/flooding the chat window is to fill the chat window with unnecessary text. This is an offence and is disruptive and unfair on other players, as it makes it more difficult for them to communicate and trade with each other."

I report the autos for merch clans every time I see them.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...