Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

School

• Please log in to reply
778 replies to this topic

deathdrow
[ Display Name History ]

deathdrow

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,327 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:deathdrow666
This year is apparently our most important year of high school, I'm pretty much ready to actually work, even if it's pointless, and stupid. I know I have to. I'm going to be in more challenging(hopefully) classes this year, I'm in the highest science, and second highest maths course. I would have gotten into the highest math course, but I didn't work for two of the terms, so I'm only in the second highest.

I'm relatively excited for school to start, I miss school, in certain senses, I don't however miss all the [bleep]ing [wagon] I go to school with. Registration is on the 22nd, and we start on the 31st. Unfortunately, we're apparently going to be stuck at the junior campus for the first two months of school, because the expansion on the school is still being worked on, and we can't go in the school. Because of this we're going to have like 3500-4000 kids stuck in a school meant for 1400 kids. :wall:

OH! and I'm a junior. this year.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN '07:Shruiken

Oh, and cross country, doing that this year, which I have never done before.

I'll be doing cross country for the first time as well. It's my senior year too... :lol:

I have 3 AP classes lined up this year.

AP Chemistry

AP European History

AP English Language

One Dual Credit Class

Spanish IV

Other Classes

Chemistry 2

Math Analysis

Civil Engineering and Architecture

Psychology ( easy class :thumbsup: )

I am looking forward to CEaA, APEH, and APC. Science, Engineering, and History are my strongest subjects. Spanish is going to be a pain, but I get college credit so it's worth it.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
Monday, August 10th. And to be honest, looking forward to it.

Last year was horrible, and all the stuff that happened I kinda fell into some sort of depression. I was always pissed/sad about something. So over the summer I did absolutely nothing and I feel great. I can't wait to go back and finally see other people than my parents and sister. -.- Really gets lonely and boring after 2 months of TF2 and TV.

And it's Senior Year. Christ, my last year of school already here. It's the first time of my life that I actually feel old. I look at these kids in commercials and shows, and I always thought "They're like a few years younger than me". But most haven't started high school. They're kids! :lol:

Not to say I'm still not a kid, I still got a long ways to go...but damn, how fast these last three years went.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.

Well I go to a really really small private school. By that I mean Im in a class of 2, just this one girl and me. This is gonna be my junior year I guess Im kinda looking forward to it, my girlfriend goes to the same school as I do and dont get to see her that much during the summer so pretty excited Ill get to start seeing her again on a regular basis. oh yea it starts aug 27 only 3 weeks left

You're lucky. I kind of enjoy school because it gives me something to do, but I hate large crowds of people.

I start August 19. Senior year.
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Lenticular_J
[ Display Name History ]

Lenticular_J

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,284 posts
Yeah, I have some friends and some family that go to tiny school. A couple of my cousins on one branch go to a K-12 school with a total size of 41 students. I can't even imagine that. I have almost 600 kids in my grade alone, about 2200 in the school.

Oh, and next year starts off-campus lunch. And it starts my life sucking because I'll pretty much be the last kid in school to start driving (I can't get my license until my first week of school as a junior). At least my house isn't far, so maybe I can persuade people to go there to eat. If not, I get to fight another 1500 kids going to the three restaurants close to school. Oh, and we have forty-minute lunches. And very limited parking.

[bleep]ing stupid if you ask me.
MATT DAMON AND MONEY.
catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

abbydog95
[ Display Name History ]

abbydog95

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,448 posts
  • RSN:abbydog95
Highschool freshman at a very large school, i start sept. 1st and i started cross country this year
Posted Image
PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

ugafan_2009
[ Display Name History ]

ugafan_2009

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,519 posts
I'm gonna be a college freshman.
Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651
Posted Image

Skull
[ Display Name History ]

Skull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,790 posts
Gonna be a hard year. Have to work hard to bring up my GPA, have to find a school, have to take SAT's, taking 2 sciences, two histories, Spanish 4, Pre-Calc and some other classes. Usually at least 3/8 of my classes are slacker classes, but this year I only have one. Wasn't even the one I wanted, but it's pretty much guaranteed not to require any work since it's PE11/12 (aka gym for juniors and seniors.) But I also have to start looking at/find a college I want to go to and will accept my underachieving self. I dunno though, I'm kinda looking forward to going back though, I honestly haven't seen my friends at all. I'm dropping soccer this year too since the guy who coached it (he's pretty much the coolest guy ever) isn't coaching it anymore and the guy who's taking over follows me around at practice and tells me I need to try harder when half the team is just standing there and I'm actually doing the drills. Or I could make varsity, but that's not going to happen. Gives me more time to focus on my work though so it's a good thing in that regard. I'll still have indoor and outdoor track though, unless I try lacrosse but I don't think I can due to injuries.

Tl;dr : Going to be a hard year, but I'm looking forward to it. I go back the 26th.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Tapner
[ Display Name History ]

Tapner

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 47 posts
I start College in September. I'm glad I have finished senior school but I know I will miss it, mainly due to the fact that to my knowledge only one of my friends is going to the same College so I will mainly miss them. I know that I will make a new set of friends though and also hopefully keep in touch with the others.

A big advantage of College is obviously that you only take the subjects you want to really, so it's alot more fun you could say, instead of having to learn basically every subject at senior school even if you dislike it.
Posted Image
Thanks to littleboy for the signature.

doomy
[ Display Name History ]

doomy

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,679 posts

Still at school, seeing as it is winter in New Zealand. Summer is a wee while away.

This. Though theres only like 12 weeks and then 2 weeks of exams to go.. Actually, thats not that good.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

Hey you start on my birthday. I start Monday.

Your birthday is a day before mine. :)

I'm hoping to double major in Studio Art and Creative Writing.

I'm guessing studio art is a focus on photography, right?

Anyways I'll be starting my 3rd year of college on the 24th. So far I'm taking a bunch of core classes this semester, although I still am taking Color Management and I am doing a "lab" for a class with my 3D/Web design teacher. Essentially I'll just help him out with the equipment, help out students and get my hands on a bunch of cool stuff. He does the 3D, Web design and the video production classes and I plan on doing some stuff from all of them. :)

We also have a pimped out studio in the tech center building where we're going to move his class to this semester. Has a great sound proof room with a high quality mic and another room with a greenscreen. :thumbup:

Sam
[ Display Name History ]

Sam

we are the music makers

• Members
  • 9,508 posts
September 3rd

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

walka92
[ Display Name History ]

walka92

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,665 posts
  • RSN:walka92
  • Clan:GWDA SnC
you foreigners and your silly school start times. why cant you start at the beginning of each year like normal people, instead of half way through >_>

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel
I start on the something of September. I still don't know what I'm going to do - I get my AS results on the 20th August so I won't re enrol again. I also found out it's £19 to apply to uni next year - scamming little [cabbage]s.

But yeah, I'll be going into my second year (upper sixth) at my local sixth form. From what I know next year is going to be much more crowded because a lot more people will be coming, also they're re-doing the college schedule so we start at 8:45 and finish at 4:00 -.- That's crap compared to 9:15 to 3:20.

I still can't decide if I should do A2 Psychology, Sociology & ICT, or do A2 English Lit as well, or take up AS computing. I guess I won't have a choice at what subjects if I fail one though so =/

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Star.
[ Display Name History ]

Star.

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 4,338 posts
I think we start at September 6th for like a little introduction to A2 but dayum, after that it's Uni :uhh:

Our school is starting a photography course this year, if only they did it last year those bastards!! It would have gone nicely with my Art & Design. I might take that if I'm not failing my other subjects...

I messed up in AS and I'm going to have to work really hard to pick it up this year.

Posted Image
☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Jernlov
[ Display Name History ]

Jernlov

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,171 posts
I have another year of probably doing nothing at all. I think I'm too late to apply for college now.

Sigh.

(I know I said I was gonna go back to school, but I just got told to go to college instead.)

Hawks
[ Display Name History ]

Hawks

The Goalie

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,963 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Hawk0078
I go back on the 8th of September. Kind of looking forward to it, kind of not because I know my schedule will get screwed up by the school...

Poppet
[ Display Name History ]

Poppet

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Poppet
It appears my summer is coming to an end and School days begin through no school in a 15 mile area wants to teach me hurray.
76561198012301951.png

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
I'll be a freshman in high school. It's going to be a big change for me, I went to a small Catholic school since Kindergarten. My new high school has like 2,500 students. Not many people from my previous school are going, but my best 2 friends are, so I'm happy about that. In taking Honors everything.

I don't know if I'm excited about it or not.

abbydog95
[ Display Name History ]

abbydog95

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,448 posts
  • RSN:abbydog95

I'll be a freshman in high school. It's going to be a big change for me, I went to a small Catholic school since Kindergarten. My new high school has like 2,500 students. Not many people from my previous school are going, but my best 2 friends are, so I'm happy about that. In taking Honors everything.

I don't know if I'm excited about it or not.

Im in you same situaion but more like 3,500 people. Although i know about 30 people that go to it. Im glad to get outa my old school, it was to small and the teachers would hover or you constantly, although that didnt stop us from messing around :lol:
Posted Image
PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users